What is the celebrity tourney that they hold at Lake Tahoe? People are always throwing footballs to the celebrities and other stuff. Does the PGA govern that tourney. Will they ban this to!

sorry guys but we are a lawsuit nation, all it take its one lawsuit for someone to say we better stop this before something bad happens

What is the celebrity tourney that they hold at Lake Tahoe? People are always throwing footballs to the celebrities and other stuff. Does the PGA govern that tourney. Will they ban this to!
PGA tour has nothing to w/ that one

Just read all the post and agree that this move is crap. This was the only regular tournament that I tried my best to watch every year (watch pieces of a number of tournaments but this one was special and just for #16).

I blame Seth.

Watch out those Bubba visors can knock someone unconscious! This is so lame.

Freakin tightwads. So GD lame.

Why does it seem the governing bodies of this game think it's necessary to take all the fun of the game?

Next anyone who is in the "driving zone" will have to wear a helmet.

I could understand if this happened week after week at every tournament but honestly 1 tourney a year, give me a break.

The rule on the sign only references the 16th hole, so I guess a t-shirt cannon at close range is fine on any other hole ?

Hey PGA Tour....pull your heads out !

The most fun hole to watch in all of golf, and you are trying your best to ruin it.

If on the 16th hole, a player "Propels" a ball off the tee and into the crowd by accident.....is that covered by your asinine rule ?

i still have my bubba visor from last year, this is NOT COOL!!!! it's going to be too much of a mad house for something not to happen. but what a bummer for the PGA to come out and kill the fun

PGA C'Mon Man

You can thank lawyers .

Someone gets beaned in the head, eye, etc. and guess what?

They're gonna sue.

Edit :

I'm not stating that as fact but by the way they worded it I would assume that's the reasoning .

Same reason they have to put disclaimers on coffee, pointed objects avoiding eyes , knives being sharp, not drinking while pregnant, smoking......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't the tickets have a blanket liability release that release the event organizers from any liability from flying objects, struck or thrown? Sounds like that would cover the PGA Tour's but sufficiently (I'm not a lawyer haha). At any rate, this isn't a smart decision by the tour.

PGA C'Mon Man

Don't the tickets have a blanket liability release that release the event organizers from any liability from flying objects, struck or thrown? Sounds like that would cover the PGA Tour's but sufficiently (I'm not a lawyer haha). At any rate, this isn't a smart decision by the tour.

I'm not either but I assume that means errant golf shots not items being thrown into the crowd.

If tiger woods launched his five iron in to the crowd in one of his fits of rage and hit someone in the face someone would be paying that person.
I could be wrong and maybe atl will weigh in but this sounds like CYA to me.

You can thank lawyers .

Someone gets beaned in the head, eye, etc. and guess what?

They're gonna sue.

Edit :

I'm not stating that as fact but by the way they worded it I would assume that's the reasoning .

Same reason they have to put disclaimers on coffee, pointed objects avoiding eyes , knives being sharp, not drinking while pregnant, smoking......

they could just put up signs towards the 16th hole, beware of flying visors, footballs, and clubs lol

I'm not either but I assume that means errant golf shots not items being thrown into the crowd.

If tiger woods launched his five iron in to the crowd in one of his fits of rage and hit someone in the face someone would be paying that person.
I could be wrong and maybe atl will weigh in but this sounds like CYA to me.

I'm just basing that from what I remember off of baseball and hockey tickets. Have you ever been to a basketball game without a t shirt cannon??

I think it's a huge overreaction. At basketball and hockey games, they shoot T-shirts up into the crowd using a cannon or slingshot. Does someone sometimes get banged up? Sure. Could someone sue? Sure. But that's why you have insurance and good lawyers.

Golf is obviously thriving enough in the U.S. that the PGA Tour believes that some harmless fun that provides cool entertainment to fans is just not needed.

This is the OPPOSITE of what golf in the U.S. needs.

I agree. If I was in the first group off, I'd have stuff ready to throw when I get to 16. Pay the fine and move on. Piss around and it will just be another event.

PGA taking the harmless fun out of the event for the spectators. Let the players be like rock stars and throw stuff into the crowd. Geesh.

No not in phoenix I was more talking overall. I was at the Texas Rangers games when a gentlemen fell out of the stands trying to catch a baseball Josh Hamilton threw to him.

I'm a Rangers fan too. But let's be honest: thousands and thousands have balls have been thrown into the stands. ONE TERRIBLE ACCIDENT OCCURS. Do we really need to shut the fun down because one very unusual, out of the norm accident occurred? I don't think so. Yes, it was terrible but it isn't like that happens constantly. It's nothing but being over cautious due to lawsuits.

For mine, the first thing I think about that tournament is that hole. It's a gimmick for them and it works there so good luck to the organisers. I would HATE to see more of that stuff at other tournaments. Why you would want thousands becoming obnoxious tools on the drink is beyond me, sad people have to do that to have a good time.

I was chatting with DA about this on monday. He described the event as a zoo outside of 16. Add tiger and ypu have crazy zoo. Taking away the fun at 16 combined with course changes might drive people away.

For mine, the first thing I think about that tournament is that hole. It's a gimmick for them and it works there so good luck to the organisers. I would HATE to see more of that stuff at other tournaments. Why you would want thousands becoming obnoxious tools on the drink is beyond me, sad people have to do that to have a good time.

What's wrong with having a good time on the course? Seriously every other tournament is calm unless someone nails a big shot!

If people want to drink a bunch and have a great time so what as long as nobody gets hurt seriously?

I was chatting with DA about this on monday. He described the event as a zoo outside of 16. Add tiger and ypu have crazy zoo. Taking away the fun at 16 combined with course changes might drive people away.

Good Zoo or bad zoo?

I'd hate to see people driven away because a bunch of old men want to be sticks in the mud

While I love to post my disdain of the PGA, I can actually understand this...

People are willing to pretty much disable each other for a freebie. I've seen grown men fight over cheap hockey pucks and baseballs that were thrown in to the stands. Mix in the booze, and you have a recipe for trouble. As long as they're not changing the stadium setup around the 16th itself, I get why they did it.

Back