Golf Video games question

Bullet

Reaction score
Handicap
I am a father of four (15,13,8,7). The boys, when they arent playing sports of their own, have a healthy interest in video games. We have had a good time bonding with Madden Mobile and some of the EA offering for PS4.

But we dont have a go to game for my golf jones. I used to love the EA Sports game on the Wii. Any tips for me here?

Golf Club game would be your best option for PS4

Dad and I had some epic golf duels on Tiger Woods back in the day. The Golf Club is a little more simulation and has a ton of variety in course (but very few real ones). Rory has real ones and a few fantasy ones, a little more customization, and real golfers. Rory can be a little more arcade as well.

I've always played the Tiger Games. Always fun.

I play the golf club, it's a great game! The course designer is awesome and building your own course and playing it is killer!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Golf Club will give you a lot more courses, but no room for player advancement and their chipping and putting kinda sucks.

TW games have better chipping and putting, but the difficulty is kind of a joke unless you bump it up to tour settings and such.

I like the putting and chipping in the golf club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've all given up on golf on the consoles. Rory looked good till it came bare bones with no simulation or a season. Play a round or 4 and it's over.

I've been playing WGT on the iPad. Way better

I've all given up on golf on the consoles. Rory looked good till it came bare bones with no simulation or a season. Play a round or 4 and it's over.

I've been playing WGT on the iPad. Way better

Golf Club is much better than WGT

Golf Club will give you a lot more courses, but no room for player advancement and their chipping and putting kinda sucks.

TW games have better chipping and putting, but the difficulty is kind of a joke unless you bump it up to tour settings and such.

These are my thoughts exactly. So it depends what you are looking for. More realistic go for golf club. Just trying to have a good time I would go towards the EA golf game

Looking for something that the boys will take too. It has to have some of the features of the games they play. Competitive, good graphics, realistic.

For phone or tablet, wgt is very good. Also golf star is fun on those too.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Looking for something that the boys will take too. It has to have some of the features of the games they play. Competitive, good graphics, realistic.

Based on my past experiences, dad and I have played hundreds of rounds on Tiger Woods. He wasn't as impressed with The Golf Club. I'd say, if you're looking for a good time with them, get Rory. I can remember playing Tiger Woods with dad from like 12-14 years old out. If I bring the PlayStation over now, he much prefers Rory to TGC. I think when we play TGC he misses all of the shot creation help that Rory has. Plus, Rory has the spin control, and he loves to spin one at the flag.

I enjoy them both, but for vastly different reasons. There are times I wish both games dos things the other did.

Another vote for Golf Club. Most realistic golf video game I've ever played. I should probably play it again soon.

Golf club is fun but it's pretty challenging and creating a course takes time.

Rorys EA offering will offer that ease of play option with not a ton of course availability.

My suggestion? Wait.

Golf club is fun but it's pretty challenging and creating a course takes time.

Rorys EA offering will offer that ease of play option with not a ton of course availability.

My suggestion? Wait.
Something new coming?

Someone mentioned golf club 2 happening so it might be worth looking into.

I dont know what sort of release cycle EA is on anymore.
Ah, gotcha.

I miss Hot Shots golf games

Back