Golf Style, Where do you get yours from?

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
What makes you decide what you are going to purchase, then wear on the course? Brand loyalty or something you see Pros wearing? All about comfort? Colors or patterns?

For me, I am pretty simple, for some weird reason I absolutely love blue shorts, and typically wear them every time I play. So, my shirts must mach my shorts, which leads to a lot of reds, greens, brighter colors.

What drives your golf style?

Rickie Fowler.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I tend to pick the shirt I want to wear, based on weather, then pick shorts from there. No specific themes or anything like that, just however I feel.

I like simple shorts, mostly khaki and black, with solid color and simple patterned shirts. Lots of blue polos for me.

I try not to get too wild, although I don't mind bright colors. I wear some plaid shorts but mostly solid.

I've always been fairly plain (give me a dark shirt and light shorts/pants and I'm happy), but I've gotten progressively brighter in my outfits. I blame JimmyNumbers, emart, and OITW.

I try and play as comfortable as possible.

Public course-
Volcom charcoal chinos
Doubled up white t-shirt
Red belt

Private course-
Bight collared & polo shorts..

Sometimes don't you like to just play golf and not play the part?

It used to be brand loyalty with Puma me nike before that. Now I have several brands in shirts and starting to add others in shorts. I like to have a good assortment of blue, green, pink, orange and red...adding some grey shirts this year.

No brand loyalty, it's all about the look and comfort. I like bright colours on top and dark shorts or nicely matching plaid shorts with a nice shirt.

I like to be different. Bright colors, matching shoes ect...I usually pick out a pair of shoes, then match the outfit to that.

To answer the thread title literally, before I got to THP, I was that guy who wore cutoff jeans and t-shirts with cutoff sleeves. Beginning with Sligo, I learned there was a MUCH better way to dress on the course.

So, I now get my golf style from THP.

I like high quality and comfy. Still has to match my eye too. I can match golf shoes to just about anything so it normally starts with the shirt and/or THP hat.

Quality, comfort, and a company that gives a crap. Its why over the last couple years I've migrated pretty much completely into Matte Grey, Devereaux, and LinkSoul

No brand loyalty, it's all about the look and comfort. I like bright colours on top and dark shorts or nicely matching plaid shorts with a nice shirt.

I have Puma and Callaway shoes, Adidas trousers, then various different shirts that include Nike and Slazenger

For me it's picking out colors and then comfort. I always keep and eye out for very breathable since it gets a little got here.

I like trying to dress like guys on tour honestly. If they have some good looking outfits I'll try and match them. Some days it's like Fowler for me other days it's like Adam Scott all depends how I'm feeling.

I like blue shirts, so shorts have to work with them, but I am working on getting into other colors. Tried getting into louder colors/patterns but just decided that wasn't for me.

No brand loyalty. Comfort is a given, so, my style is driven more by what I find on sale. Versatility is, also, a plus, since, most of my stuff does double duty. I have a few golf specific shirts, but, the vast majority can be worn off course.

I just watch Tin Cup and strive to look as bad as golfers did back then. Man that was a rough time for golf fashion.

I just watch Tin Cup and strive to look as bad as golfers did back then. Man that was a rough time for golf fashion.

you mean this isn't making a comeback?! shucks

14587.jpg

I like quality stuff, I basically find it more comfortable and that it lasts longer. So I usually shop a few brands that I have found I like and fit well and then go by what suits my taste.

I tend to gravitate to grey shorts/pants then go from there. I prefer solids or thin stripes, as I'm a little on the fluffy side.

A shirt or pair of shorts has to light and breathable, it gets hot and fat folks heat up quickly.

My on course "style" is predicated by price. I'm buying clothes on sale or not at all. Once we get in the right price range then it's about fit, color, quality and I don't care who makes it as long as it's a reputable brand. I don't do shirts with pockets or loud designs. Shorts and pants are mostly grey, black, navy with some plaids thrown in.

Shoes are a different story - they are more like equipment than the clothes.

My personality, I just wear what I like. Tends to be...flat brim hats, bright colors and fly shoes.

Back