How would you play this hole? Par 5 #18

I'm glad par gets it done because 210 carry into a 2 club wind is a once in five kinda drive for me at best. I'm probably going driver to the left fairway but my layup would likely depend upon exactly where the pin was. I'm a much better bet to 3 putt if I leave a long approach putt than most THPers so I'd hope to set up a safe approach inside 30 feet. The angle for that might be directly across the water from 150 or from the left fairway about 80-100 out?

Playing at a 3 shot hole. Goal
Is to have my approach from 85 yards. Then taking dead aim at the stock for a 3/4 knockdown. Par to win

My club has a similarly designed hole, but the carry to clear the "right bunker" would be 240.
I am going right. If 210 clears the bunker, I am fine, even w a two club headwind.
Then, long iron or hybrid to the green, make sure to hit to the middle of the green.
Two putt birdie.

Driver for 220
5 iron for 150
PW to center of green hopefully close enough to pin for birdie attempt or at worst 2 putt for par

Aim Mini at the middle bunker and play my draw. With only needing a par to win, I would take the route to the left of the lake and lay it up to a distance that gives me a full LW in. If dead into a 2 club wind, I try to lay it up to about 70 yards. Stick that shot to within 10 feet and try to die the ball into the hole for a birdie.

Alright THP, How would you play this hole. It's a typical Palmer design and a great closing hole.

Here's a real life visual for kicks:

The situation: You NEED a par to win your club championship.
It's a double fairway reachable par 5 but it requires two great shots. The hole almost always plays into the wind and in this scenario we'll call it a solid 2 club headwind.
The other option is to play it wide and make it a 3 shot hole, none of which are particularly easy shots.

What course exactly is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pulled it up on gamegolf to see what others have done. I think I'd go driver to the right and then a 5 iron to the green based on what others are doing. Figuring 250 on the drive and 170 left. Wind might turn that into driver then hybrid though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a crazy hole because you see a ton of birdies and a ton of doubles or worse. Most players I've played with who try to hit the green with a long iron or longer club don't end up making it over due to the pucker factor. So many good players thin/chunk/fan/hook their ball into the water on approach.

I always try to hit my drive down the right fairway as far as I can and then assess the lie/confidence to decide if im going to go for it or not.
I find if I try to play it as a 3 shot hole I always hit a poor wedge at the end and it turns into a huge number. The green looks tiny from that angle and the lie is off kilter.

As others have said aim for center bunker with driver and hope stock fade doesn't morph into a slice. Second shot I'd aim for the left side of green and hope for the same. Normal 5 iron should be fine with a 2 club headwind.

I played this hole today and luckily for me there was no wind to speak of.

I aimed driver at the bunker separating the two fairways and ripped my stock fade off of it. I had 165 to the pin from there and hit a hard 37* pin high, 10 feet away. Just missed the eagle putt on the low side and tapped in for birdie.

I'm aiming for left fairway, laying up to somewhere under 100yds, wedge into green and easy 2 putt par.

Back