How often do you change golf bags and what do you do with your old one?

I usually give them away, if they're still in decent nick and don't have emotional ties.

Usually once a year or so. Most have my name or are sentimental ive given the others away

Generally get a new one every season. I usually give the old ones to charity, but do have a couple for my spare clubs.

Had the carry strap on my regular stand bag tear off my last round. The bag is in great shape otherwise but I don't think it's repairable.

Anyone ever have an Ogio Pivot stand bag? I'm watching one on eBay and it looks really nice.

Usually every year or so. For no particular reason. I give my old ones away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have gone through 3 in the last 10 years. First bag came with a set, second was won at an outings. I used that bag for 5 years but it was staring to show wear so it was replaced last year. Now the old bag just holds clubs in the basement.

Finally retired the Nike cart bag my wife got me for Christmas about 12 years ago. The thing was a battle ax, but it weighed as much. Many of the zippers were finally giving out but I got my money's worth. I have a cheap Datrek I use when I walk rounds with my son. Got him a Sun Mountain Four5 last year since he walks every round for school. I got a Sun Mountain C130s. So far love it. Pockets are great, fits on a cart fine, love the stand at the range or in the parking lot before we get a cart. And the nylon wipes off easily.

I recently scored a new bag so took the old one and put it in my work shed. I will put my current clubs in it and use it as a set for friends who come into town or give it to my son who is just getting interested in the game.

I normally get a new bag every other year and use the old one to hold extra clubs. A few of my old bags were so faded they went in the trash.

I am too lazy to go back and see my previous posts, but I have been going through bags like it is going out of style.

In the last 4 months, I picked up a Nike hyperadapt bag, which I love but rarely use. Then this last week I picked up a 2016 Callaway Org14 with the E-Trolley base. I love the Camo one, and it does kind of fit on my clicgear better. Hopefully it is the magic bullet bag I have been looking for as the storage is fantastic and it has the 14 way divider that I love and is actually really light weight.

Still have my Sun mountain H2No bag as well as a Bennington Cart bag lite. The Bennington is probably the sturdiest, but also the heaviest and the worst as far as storage goes (of the cart bags).

Use them until they practically fall apart. Will give the old one to someone locally if they want it or donate it to Salvation Army.

Every year...I like to change bags. My wife says that golfers are like woman with their handbags. We like to change...Usually end up selling my old bag because they are in such great shape!

Had my first bag till it fell apart probably 10 years at least, second bag I had about 5 years and it is still in good shape. Got a SM C-130 cart bag for Christmas that I really like. I kept the old bag for extra club storage.

I'll use a bag until it starts to really fall apart. My last one made it 6 years and two continents before it gave up the ghost. My current one had a couple of bad spills that has dramatically shortened its lifespan, so I'll probably replace it this year, got it for Christmas 2014.

I have 5 golf bags and switch out every couple of months or when I get bored

Way to often, but I am set now :)
I have 3 extra bags sitting in my garage

Usually every year or so either keep the old one or give it away

I want to switch out the Bennington...but it is so darn awesome. To carry...heck no I'm too old to do that anyway. Even on a clic it's a bit heavy but just love the way the clubs stay where they are supposed to.

I used the same bag for 10 years. Since it became unusable I've gone through at least a bag a year trying to find one that I really like. Two of the old ones are in my garage and the other two I have to a buddy.

My plans : I give my old bags to pro golf shop's employees .

Roughly every other year and I give the old one away.

Back