How often do you change golf bags and what do you do with your old one?

Scorp

Lacking competent adult supervision
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I don't change golf bags very often. Then again, I don't get to play much golf either... at least as much as I'd like to. What, with work, life, family... everything gets in the way.

Anyway, I got my first golf bag when I was in my 20's. It lasted me for going on 20 years but I never really liked it. It did its job but I would always look at other bags when I was in a golf store. Fast forward to a few years ago and I got a nice TaylorMade bag from a coworker. He upgraded his bag and gave me his old one. I was happy. For a few years.

Last summer I was able to pick up a set of used clubs for my son because he's kind of interested in golf but didn't have a bag for him to use... so I picked up a new bag a couple of weeks ago online for around 1/2 price. I like it. I haven't gotten to use it yet but it's sitting in my garage waiting to go.

So, I'd say in about 30 years I've had 3 golf bags. The first one went to the landfill because it was toast; the second one is earmarked for my son (who's 16) and is sitting right next to my Bettinardi marked bag in my garage. (No, I don't have a Bettinardi putter...)

How often do you change golf bags and what do you do with your old one when you do switch out?

Every 3 or 4 years. Basically whenever my current bag is too beat to continue using. I just chuck the old one, because by the time I'm done with it, it's had it.

every 10-15 years, use the old one to store the old clubs.

I'm usually good for one or two a season.

I now have four and probably need to get rid of two of them.

I rarely change my bag, unless it's broken. I usually if I have changed it, sell it off to recoup some costs.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm on my fourth bag I believe.

My first one I got with my old clubs when I started golfing and was passed down to my brother when I decided I wanted a carry/stand bag.

That bag was given to my cousin when I bought new clubs and with new clubs you need a new bag.

That bag was then donated to a silent auction because I was given a new bag from my dad. I'm still using that bag.

So I've had 4 bags in 20ish years. I wish I would have kept either bag 2 or 3. Neither one of those needed replaced.

Oh, I forgot I have another bag that I've never used that my dad used for years that he gave me. I was going to use it as a display for an antique set of clubs, but now it just holds the clubs that have been kicked out of my bag.

Not too often. I keep the old ones to store clubs in.

Only way I'll change my bag now is if I go with a new color or if someone makes the same bag but somehow Improves on the design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I want to!

I'm on my third. First bag was from a set. Second bag was acquired to match my first real set of fitted clubs. My most recent (just a month or so ago) was because I got new clubs again and I really wanted a cart bag versus a stand bag (since if I'm walking I'll use a push cart).

My wife says too often.

Since 2010 i've had 6 bags now so about 1 per year. Completely unnecessary to change but i just get bored lol. I've gone to both ends of the spectrum too.

I've had everything from carrying a moonlite, to pushing a staff bag and everything in between. Currently on a SM 2.5 carrying about 25% of the time and on my clic for the rest. Currently considering switching to a jones carry lol.

I don't change terribly often.

First bag came with the starter set of clubs, sold it off when I sold the clubs

Next bag started tearing zippers and the like, so it hit the dumpster.

Next bag was used for a while then got a new one for Christmas. The old one became my wife's bag.

The one I got for Christmas last year is still holding strong.

Usually every couple of years. Bag is still in good shape but I just can't pass up on deals when the new models come out.

Every1-2 years

i think i have had 4 golf bags over the years. i have no idea what happened to the first one. the second one is still sitting in my garage holding extra clubs. the third was recently donated to a thp'er. the fourth is obviously my gamer!

I am much more infatuated with golf bags than I am with golf clubs. I have purchased 3 bags this year, and am having a hard time not buying #4.

I have sold 2 of my bags, but I am always on the lookout for that perfect bag.

Before the last couple of years, I had 2 golf bags, one I pretty much beat up over 7 years, then the 2nd one that I sold because it was a carry bag and I wanted a cart bag. That started the current journey I am now on.

Only when I get into the granddaddy or someone gives me one! I played a ping hoofer that my wife gave me for 9 years before I got my Grandaddy bag. I still have that bag and its actually in incredible shape for walking as many rounds as I did with it. I recently was given a C130 from my father that I have been putting in play from time to time to preserve the Grandaddy bag.

I change when my bag is falling apart or something's not working right. The last one I had only lasted 3 1/2 years - too much walking I guess

My old bag is in my living room holding old or extra golf clubs. The bag before that is out in the garage, holding old golf clubs

I change bags every couple years and currently have 2 sitting in my garage for club storage. The rest have all been given away.

A year or two, give the old ones to either someone who wants it, or keep it to store old clubs

As stated before wife says too many. Currently have 2, Callaway 2016 staff stand bag and a RAZR Staff for storage. Just bought the Staff stand and gave the 2015 model to my son. If he doesn't need I give to my course for the Jr. Program or to the 1st Tee, as I do with some not all of my old clubs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just changed to a cart bag after my stand bag of 20 years started falling apart. It got tossed. I'll buy another stand bag when I come across a good enough sale...I need a second bag just to hold spare clubs and putters! :D

I have several staff bags in light and dark colors. I change each season between them. Dark for fall/winter and go back to white in sprig/summer. I won't be buying any more bags unless I want to sleep on the couch in my house!

Back