Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

All this hype about these...it's kind of like the buzz we say with the Apex last year. Interesting. I'm curious to see what Srixon's numbers look like after a year on the US Market. How much impact they're having. I think I need to swing these to see what's going on.

i will have mine soon and you are free to join me on the course or range to test them out

i will have mine soon and you are free to join me on the course or range to test them out

Boom and enabler has risen lol. I'm needing to get out soon. Starting to get that no golf cranky attitude going lol.

Nope. But fun.

Did I miss what your 2015 gamers are going to be?

Funny thing is that I thought swinging these clubs with the PX 6.5 in them would feel awful, but it didn't. Ball carried further than I expected too, there's a lot of good technology packed into these irons.

I'm betting the nikes

I'm not happy with you right now Mister.

But you were right, I can play the 6.5's. Haha

Hahahahahaha I knew it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I miss what your 2015 gamers are going to be?

Funny thing is that I thought swinging these clubs with the PX 6.5 in them would feel awful, but it didn't. Ball carried further than I expected too, there's a lot of good technology packed into these irons.

It's a good combo dude.

I had the opportunity to demo these, as well as the 745's, at a PGA Tour Superstore recently. Both Irons are sweet. They look sharp and feel great. What I think is really cool is that you can get them in a combo set with the 545's in the long irons and 745's in the short irons. Does anyone know when or if the 945's are going to be available? I saw them being demoed by a British golf coach on a youtube video but I have never heared anything about them since, the video came out around the time teh 545's and 745's became available.

I had the opportunity to demo these, as well as the 745's, at a PGA Tour Superstore recently. Both Irons are sweet. They look sharp and feel great. What I think is really cool is that you can get them in a combo set with the 545's in the long irons and 745's in the short irons. Does anyone know when or if the 945's are going to be available? I saw them being demoed by a British golf coach on a youtube video but I have never heared anything about them since, the video came out around the time teh 545's and 745's became available.

Not in the USA BUT I will have them soon......

All this hype about these...it's kind of like the buzz we say with the Apex last year. Interesting. I'm curious to see what Srixon's numbers look like after a year on the US Market. How much impact they're having. I think I need to swing these to see what's going on.
FWIW, I like them A LOT better than the Apex, but I know that's now what you are saying. I think the only holdback to these, is their availability. Especially when it comes to non-THPers. I golf in a league with 20 guys, I'd be SHOCKED if more than 2 of them had even heard of these irons.

Not in the USA BUT I will have them soon......

It will be cool to see those in person if I'm lucky enough to tee it up with you next year. No business playing them, but I can drool over them...

How do you locate a place to demo these?

Was on the Srixon website and don't see a 'dealer' link.

It will be cool to see those in person if I'm lucky enough to tee it up with you next year. No business playing them, but I can drool over them...

We will dude and you will swing them

I'm really looking forward to comparing the 545's and the 945's myself

Got to see these in person yesterday. I want a set.

Torn between going all 545's, all 745's, or a combo set of 4,5,6 in 545's and 7-PW as 745's. I generally prefer a player's forged cavity back iron which says I should be looking for a full set of 745's, but I am not sure the 545's and 745's look different enough at address to give up the extra forgiveness and distance the 545's have to offer. I think I could live with a full set of 545's coming from the Cleveland 588 TT's.

Of course, it is easy to say just go with a combo set, but that would require some of the irons to be bent in order to get the yardage gaps right. (The lofts are not consistent between the 545's and the 745's). Bending lofts is commonly done, but it can have a negative effect on turf interaction, so I am always a bit reluctant to do that.

A big factor in this decision is the unique sole grind on these which is very reminiscent of an older King Cobra Forged set that I used 10 years ago. Cobra called it a "skid sole" back then and I always thought it worked great...looks like Srixon has brought it back. Having that kind of sole grind just might help me get past the wider sole on the 545's which is always my biggest issue with SGI and GI clubs. A slightly thicker top line I can get used to.

However I decide to configure my set, it will need to be customized. Got to have Project X 5.5' shafts at + 1/2", in place of the stock Dynamic Gold S300's. I also want Black Tour Wrap Grips on my set, rather than those horrid red grips that come stock with these Z-series Srixon irons.

Just can't decide which way to go right now....guess I need to sleep on it and ponder it some more over the next few days...In the meantime, I'll definitely be following the 545 and 745 threads on this forum.

:act-up:

Last edited:
So I got a chance to hit several shots the on the course today with WCBM's z545s.

I wasn't expecting to be able to hit these well due to the PX 6.5 shafts in them.

Well I was wrong. I hit them & hit them pretty well. I didn't feel any of the harshness I was expecting.

These irons continue to impress. I honestly don't know why I don't just order a set now.

So I got a chance to hit several shots the on the course today with WCBM's z545s.

I wasn't expecting to be able to hit these well due to the PX 6.5 shafts in them.

Well I was wrong. I hit them & hit them pretty well. I didn't feel any of the harshness I was expecting.

These irons continue to impress. I honestly don't know why I don't just order a set now.
Because your a slacker. Get it done.

Torn between going all 545's, all 745's, or a combo set of 4,5,6 in 545's and 7-PW as 745's. I generally prefer a player's forged cavity back iron which says I should be looking for a full set of 745's, but I am not sure the 545's and 745's look different enough at address to give up the extra forgiveness and distance the 545's have to offer. I think I could live with a full set of 545's coming from the Cleveland 588 TT's.

Of course, it is easy to say just go with a combo set, but that would require some of the irons to be bent in order to get the yardage gaps right. (The lofts are not consistent between the 545's and the 745's). Bending lofts is commonly done, but it can have a negative effect on turf interaction, so I am always a bit reluctant to do that.

A big factor in this decision is the unique sole grind on these which is very reminiscent of an older King Cobra Forged set that I used 10 years ago. Cobra called it a "skid sole" back then and I always thought it worked great...looks like Srixon has brought it back. Having that kind of sole grind just might help me get past the wider sole on the 545's which is always my biggest issue with SGI and GI clubs. A slightly thicker top line I can get used to.

However I decide to configure my set, it will need to be customized. Got to have Project X 5.5' shafts at + 1/2", in place of the stock Dynamic Gold S300's. I also want Black Tour Wrap Grips on my set, rather than those horrid red grips that come stock with these Z-series Srixon irons.

Just can't decide which way to go right now....guess I need to sleep on it and ponder it some more over the next few days...In the meantime, I'll definitely be following the 545 and 745 threads on this forum.

:act-up:

I don't think you can go wrong either way. In my limited time with them during my fitting I don't think the sole on the 545 is rally noticeable at address. I considered the combo set but the forgiveness in the 545 won. The look at address with the 545 is pretty small and I'm glad I went the direction I did with the 545s

He needs to.

With Miya Kosuma Blues.
I need to also. Me thinks I need another round with niteowl03's before I make my final decision. Impressive clubs for sure.

He needs to.

With Miya Kosuma Blues.
Think thats the route I'm going. Need to put my current irons on the marketplace 1st. Probably do that tomorrow.

I need to also. Me thinks I need another round with niteowl03's before I make my final decision. Impressive clubs for sure.
If I go the route I want to of having a GE and a GI set at home at all times to bounce between, it'd be my VPC and these.

Back