Ping K15 Driver Review

It has actually got a nuetral face believe it or not although draw biased by design and weighting. Went to Dicks and all they had in stock are still 2 10.5's regular flex. I might go ahead and get it it's only 79.99 brand new and go ahead and put a blue board in it.

Why not for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'm out of luck on the local search. No big deal. I'll be up by Joe & Leigh's in another week or so for a client meeting, so I'll swing by there like I always do. Their used gear section is always amazing, in addition to the killer deals they always have on new stuff.

My Local DSG had a crapload of these last time i went in, what flex are you looking for and LH or RH ?

I'd be more than happy to pick it up and ship it to you if they have it and its under the price point you are looking to be at.

My Local DSG had a crapload of these last time i went in, what flex are you looking for and LH or RH ?

I'd be more than happy to pick it up and ship it to you if they have it and its under the price point you are looking to be at.

BFM!

I appreciate the offer very much. Like I said, I'm not worried about it. I'll prob find a bunch new and used at Joe and Leigh's since they're the storefront for 3 Balls, who always have a number for sale on eBay. Definitely appreciate the generosity of your offer, and Matt trying to help out above as well.

I bought one at Dick's a couple weeks ago for $80 or so. I've only used it for practice, but so far so good!

Dave

I bought one at Dick's a couple weeks ago for $80 or so. I've only used it for practice, but so far so good!

Dave

It's a really solid driver and at that price you can't go wrong.

Russtopher, just go into your local Dicks and ask the golf guy to search for one. They will transfer a club from any store to yours. I've gotten a G15 4 wood sent in and am getting a K15 7 wood sent next week after the store's inventory is done. They should easily get you one. I live in Central PA, the 7 wood is comming from Florida.

Good luck in your search.

Mark Shuman

Russtopher, just go into your local Dicks and ask the golf guy to search for one. They will transfer a club from any store to yours. I've gotten a G15 4 wood sent in and am getting a K15 7 wood sent next week after the store's inventory is done. They should easily get you one. I live in Central PA, the 7 wood is comming from Florida.

Good luck in your search.

Mark Shuman

Mark, that's a fantastic idea! Thanks for the tip!

So I tried swinging by my Dicks a few times but the golf dept was empty and I didn't feel like waiting around for someone else to be honest. I'm still on the lookout for one of these, and I'll be next to another few Golfsmiths later this week (weather permitting) and I have a GS giftcard burning a hole in my pocket.

Fingers crossed!

Best of luck, Russ. It sounds like you've had a rough go of it so far, but your persistence should pay off in the end.

Dave

Best of luck, Russ. It sounds like you've had a rough go of it so far, but your persistence should pay off in the end.

Dave

Nah, I wouldn't say I've had a rough go of it - a number of THPers offered to help track one down for me, at this point honestly it's almost like the thrill of the hunt, y'know? Plus, it gives me an excuse to pop into Golfsmith and DSG locations while I'm on the road doing sales calls. Can't go wrong with that!

Nah, I wouldn't say I've had a rough go of it - a number of THPers offered to help track one down for me, at this point honestly it's almost like the thrill of the hunt, y'know? Plus, it gives me an excuse to pop into Golfsmith and DSG locations while I'm on the road doing sales calls. Can't go wrong with that!
If you tire of the hunt let me know ... DSG here has at least one 10.5 in regular still on the rack.

If you tire of the hunt let me know ... DSG here has at least one 10.5 in regular still on the rack.

Will do. If I can't track one down this week, I'll let you know.

Well, a lot of miles on the car today... and no K15. Found some lefties, but that was it. Even those are still $179 at Golfsmith. Oh well. I'm probably just better off sliding the weight on my BB all the way to Draw and getting the same effect. The hunt has been fun, though!!

How strong of a grip are you using Russ?

2.5 knuckles usually.

Fitter at Golfsmith was more into the forgiveness of the face for my lack of centered hits, which is why the K15 popped back into mind for me since he recommended Pings over my Bertha for that specific reason.

2.5 knuckles usually.

Fitter at Golfsmith was more into the forgiveness of the face for my lack of centered hits, which is why the K15 popped back into mind for me since he recommended Pings over my Bertha for that specific reason.

I have a similarly strong grip, and between that and the new e6, the only time I hit a fade was when I weakened my grip back to neutralish on one hole. I gamed the JetSpeed today, which probably isn't much better in terms of forgiveness than the BB (may actually be worse).

Not sure what your budget is but have you thought about the g30 SF tec?

I had an XHot 13.5* and it compared very similarly to the k15 12*'s that I owned.

Cally made the Xhot driver with progressive heel weighting. Meaning the 9* was pretty neutral weighted and the higher the loft the more they shifted the weight to the heel. If you are looking for a K15 10.5 the Xhot 11.5 might be a very similar offering. As mentioned above I had the 13.5 Xhot but it launched too high. If I had the 10.5 or 11.5 head I might be still gaming it.

Russ I am having my driver shoot out tomorrow. Between my 588 custom, Bio Cell, and my k15 10.5 reg. If things go correctly 2 should be on bst soon.

I actually have a bid on one right now :-D The SF Tec G30 was by far and away the best driver I've hit this winter, and the fitter at Golfsmith recommended that one for me based on the weighting and face forgiveness. However, I can't justify $350 for a driver having just made my tuition payment for this semester, which is what renewed my interest in the K15.

Russ I am having my driver shoot out tomorrow. Between my 588 custom, Bio Cell, and my k15 10.5 reg. If things go correctly 2 should be on bst soon.

If I lose out on the auction I'm bidding on, I'll definitely keep my eyes open. Thanks for the head's up!

Hey Russtopher, what K15 are you looking for exactly? I got a 10 1/2 in R flex stock that dosen't work for me at all. Too much loft. I got it used. It's in reasonable shape. Some wear at the crown If memory serves. Perfectly servicable. Let me know if this is what you need. I'll sell it cheap. I'll never use it. If interested PM me or let me know in this thread. I'll check in here every coupla days.

Mark Shuman

Let us know how the test comes out and which driver you choose.

Last edited:
Hey Russtopher, what K15 are you looking for exactly? I got a 10 1/2 in R flex stock that dosen't work for me at all. Too much loft. I got it used. It's in reasonable shape. Some wear at the crown If memory serves. Perfectly servicable. Let me know if this is what you need. I'll sell it cheap. I'll never use it. If interested PM me or let me know in this thread. I'll check in here every coupla days.

Mark Shuman

PM sent!

Russ hopefully you work a deal with phread. You are definitely not getting mine. I really enjoyed hitting it today. I hope you do to.

PM sent!

Back