Green Speeds, your preference

I believe courses have been lying to golfers for years.
I'll agree with this was on the course rating committee for about 5 years here. Most by at least 1 or 2 feet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm a "dying at the hole" type of guy so I prefer them to be on the quicker side.

I think 10 is a good speed, not slow but not crazy fast either.

I love fast greens. When I'm on slower greens I start trying to steer my putts and my speed usually sucks.

I would shoot myself if I had to play on anything under 9 on the stimp

You know, with my issues hitting the ball squarely and with the correct speed could I ask them to be fast enough so I could blow the ball in the correct line?

Faster the better. Faster greens in my experience tend to offer fewer imperfections. But I'll also practice at times on my relatively smooth concrete floors in the basement. Now, that's fast!!! Get semi used to that and even very quick greens seem just fine.

I like quick, but not so fast the ball won't stop on a downhill putt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely faster

Faster greens for me.

Clearly in the minority, but I'm not a fan of very fast greens. As long as they are consistent, something in the 8 range works best for me.

Id rather have fast greens over slow ones. I have a very hard time hitting the ball far when it comes to putting and that transposes over to slow greens as well. Hate leaving putts short.

Maybe I'll build a stimp meter to check my home course. They are sloooooow. I much prefer the other rotation of courses i play that are faster

I've always wanted to build one anyway.

I do think fast greens can slow down play but I believe pin placement is a bigger problem usually.

All too often courses employ workers who cut the cups with no knowledge (or training) of how golf is played. Cups cut on fairly steep slopes or right at the cest of a ridge are my biggest complaints. I've seen greens so fast and cups cut in such poor spots that a putt uphill to the cup has rolled back to a point farther from the hole than where it started!

All too often courses employ workers who cut the cups with no knowledge (or training) of how golf is played. Cups cut on fairly steep slopes or right at the cest of a ridge are my biggest complaints. I've seen greens so fast and cups cut in such poor spots that a putt uphill to the cup has rolled back to a point farther from the hole than where it started!

Yep. Exactly. Sometimes I just think they need to put more thought into what they are doing.

I like a quicker green

Slick and smooth, easy way to groove a stroke

I prefer medium speed and consistent. Last round had half of the greens punched and the other half not, which made it very difficult.

I prefer fast greens, but green condition is more important than speed. Most of the greens I play are on the quicker side, when I do play something a little slower it is fun to putt really aggressively and can lead to good things. The one note, it always takes me longer than it should to adjust to slower greens, leaving putts short on the first few holes.

Back