2016 PGA Merchandise Show

THP PGA Show coverage is always spectacular and gets better every year!

Look forward to the coverage. Was fun following along last year.

You guys did a great job with the coverage last year. Really looking forward to following along again.

This news is a couple of weeks old, but I'll put it here in this thread. I'm interested to see what direction Nike goes in 2016.

Yeah there are a number of companies not making the trip, but most not on the club head side.

To be honest though, Nike has never really had a big presence at the show.

Interesting about Nike... I look forward to hearing more about it.

I always love THP coverage of the PGA show. Best coverage anywhere.

Love the THP PGA Show coverage, always so much great info!

With Nike not going, and I assume other vendors as well, is it more along the lines that they have already announced everything they have coming in the near future?

Love the coverage! Love it! I would love to be there bringing it to THP. Hard work, but so awesome to see the excitement from the forum.

Makes two of us.

With Nike not going, and I assume other vendors as well, is it more along the lines that they have already announced everything they have coming in the near future?

I think thats part of it. I also think the operating structure is not conducive to some.
It used to be a place that was necessary and now some companies dont think it is. I think its a mistake for them, personally, but as mentioned, their presence is been virtually non-existent each year anyway.

Curious if Nike will make a statement on this. Also if they will make any major changes to their approach with the "new Strategic direction" . Maybe more apparel less clubs? I am reading into it a bit to much I am sure as we always see some company that are very healthy not represented for various reasons just curious to me to add the second part of that statement.

Curious if Nike will make a statement on this. Also if they will make any major changes to their approach with the "new Strategic direction" . Maybe more apparel less clubs? I am reading into it a bit to much I am sure as we always see some company that are very healthy not represented for various reasons just curious to me to add the second part of that statement.

You should see what Nike is doing on the distribution side. My buddy who owns a shop said its "interesting". Don't expect any less clubs though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love seeing the presence of the smaller guys, gives a good introduction to companies I'm not familiar with. Really like seeing my favorites as well.

You guys do an amazing job every year and I know we don't see/know all the behind the scenes work that goes into it but it is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always love the THP coverage. Its the best, mind you i never look any where else.

PGA Show Coverage is a few of my favorite days around this place. The staff absolutely kills the coverage and makes us feel like we're there with you guys.

The PGA Merchandise show is always one of my favorite times of the year. The coverage THP provides is ridiculous, thank you, I am really looking forward to it!

Will you guys get to spend any time with the UA peeps? I am so curious where they want their golf brand to go moving forward.

Will you guys get to spend any time with the UA peeps? I am so curious where they want their golf brand to go moving forward.

I'll be interested where they go from here as a company in the industry as well. What we saw last year at the show was a trailer with clothes in it. I was wholly underwhelmed considering I play UA tops almost exclusively on course.

Very cool. Like a golf pr0n convention.

I'll be interested where they go from here as a company in the industry as well. What we saw last year at the show was a trailer with clothes in it. I was wholly underwhelmed considering I play UA tops almost exclusively on course.

agreed.

Can't wait to see the updates!!

From what I can tell, Nike and Wilson are the two major names missing from the equipment (clubs) side of it.

the strange thing about the show in the last say 5 years, is that nothing major really gets announced there(equipment wise). Part of that is the era we live in now with social and digital media. Don't get me wrong, there are some things that get shown for the first time, but walk down the line and you probably have already seen what Ping, TM, Callaway, Nike, Wilson have to offer.

Back