When Does Your Season End?

Year round for me, too.

Usually mid October when the courses all close around here for the winter.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

When the snow flies or it drops below 40 degrees.

Last year I was able to play in every month in Rochester. I don't expect that to happen again inside of 10 years.

I can play 365. But I shut it down for about 5 weeks in December.

I could not imagine living in an area where there was a season end for golf. We may have some cold/wet days here in Texas where I'll opt out of playing, but chances are that when that happens I'll be back out there the following weekend.

Courses shut down early to mid november depending on snow and temperatures, so I guess that's when my season ends lol
seeing as I have a little less time this fall than previous, I'll try to stretch it out as long as possible!

I'll play as long as I can still find an open course. Open courses can be hard to find after December unless the weather is unusually cooperative.

Over the courses close down is when my season "finishes" but I swing in my basement all year long.

The season here doesn't really end but you do have to be prepared to play in some cold & wind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Courses stay open until January 1st but I usually call it a season in late October. However, if we get mild weather like we did last year I'll go up to Thanksgiving weekend.

I live in Florida, my season hasn't ended for 25 years.

Year round for us unless snow, which last year was minimal. The only problem now is with fall harvest getting ready to start, my golf will be down to only 1 day a week.

Last edited:
I'm in North Carolina and wecan just about play year round here... There will be one or two snows that stick around for a few days and a few days in the teens where I won't play but it's unpredictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play as long as I can, last year I was out through November. Basically whenever the snow falls...I call it quits.

December 31st. Luckily it starts up again January 1st.

When I get to the course and they have a closed sign

Late November

except last year cause of weather we played outdoors every month I believe
I sure did, was pretty sketchy in Jan with frozen lakes and 33 degree weather but where there is a will there is a way.

Try to play year round but it gets sketchy at times. But more thea likely it ends in december

I can play year round for the most part the weather allows it in NC and if it doesn't it is probably time for a vacation

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Depending on the weather, around the first of November is it.

Year around here in Cali. Unless it's raining I'll play.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I'll play (and possibly wear shorts, if I'm walking) as long as it's above 40. We have winter in NJ so rounds in December-February are bonuses.

Golf all year here where i live. Winter can get a bit wet and windy but i have a jacket and umbrella haha.

My season ends when the snow flies and the courses close. As long as there open I will be out there

This would normally be my answer to a word; however, I'm considering having surgery on my other hand this fall....and actually be recovered in time for the 2017 golf season (and hitting that HARD).

I'll play until it is too cold or there is snow on the ground.

Back