When Does Your Season End?

It doesn't. We'll get a couple of weeks a year where rain, ice, and wind make things intolerable, but as long as they let me get out there, I will.

Early morning golf (6:30 - 7:00 am) will probably cease in a month or so once we start getting frost advisories.

Here in the UK it depends on the weather...it could be a couple of weeks time or it could be as late as November, we can never really tell

I don't mind if it is cold, although to some of you the weather we play in most of the year would be considered cold by your standards, but when the bad weather starts and the course gets too wet to play it isn't fun any more

When snow falls and/or the course doesn't let me on. In Washington that was almost never. Here in PA, I'm guessing I won't be able to get on regularly for a couple months starting in December through about March, although there will probably be scattered golfable days in there.

When that happens, I go skiing.

Here on Long Island it usually ends in late December, the New Year brings no more golf except for the freak round on occasion.

January-April is the off season, and I like that, the break is good.

Last edited:
We pretty much play all year here, but the "9 after work" season ended last night with this farewell from the bridge. Just running out of daylight these days.
13228a5a1b8d9b6ee3bb0e766d37f34e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It ends when i want to hang the clubs up. last year was early September, in the fall is usually when it happens. i am usually burnt out and could use a break. i actually prefer it this way as by spring time i am usually chomping at the bit to get back out. even if the weather was perfect all year round i think i would take a 4 month break.

Courses open mid march and usually shut down by last week of October. Courses close due to snow and freezing weather. Never played outdoors all year. Sounds awesome. Usually take November and December away from hitting balls. I tried swinging a club 100 times , two or three times a week coupled with yoga last winter Gonna do that again. I believe that helped bring down my scores in the 5-10 stroke range. Indoor range and lessons in Jan and February.

Depends on how bad winter is, but usually I try not to miss any month of golf if I can avoid it. Conditions go a bit after October-ish, but I'll play in the cold, wind or wet. When you start combining any two of the three, I start preferring the comforts of the indoors more and more.

It definitely gets too cold to play here, but it's never over. If a nice day hits, I'll grab the clubs and head out for a bit

This is my custom signature

My local courses usually close early November.

It never ends....we may end up with a few cold days in Southeast Texas but they are usually followed by a few nice warm ones.

Last year I played Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve and New Years Day

I've had to (or sometimes decided to) stop playing anywhere between the end of October and mid/late December. Kind of a crap shoot.

It depends on how bad the weather is. Some courses close up at the end of October no matter what, but last year I was playing two days after Christmas. Hoping for another season like that.

I live in tropical country , all golf course are open 365 days. Yea :bananadance:

Last year it kind of didn't. I got back from the Grandaddy on an absolute golf high and the winter was mild so I'm almost positive we played golf at least once in every month this past winter. Usually the golf season winds down around Halloween and then kicks back up in late March

It doesnt.

You need to come visit during the winter. Golf for days here in SoCal

You need to come visit during the winter. Golf for days here in SoCal

Yep, it gets CRAZY cold in the winter. What do you think Alex? Mid 60's? You might have to wear pants, sweater and a beanie :D

Yep, it gets CRAZY cold in the winter. What do you think Alex? Mid 60's? You might have to wear pants, sweater and a beanie :D

Might get to high 50s but only til 9am maybe

later and later every year. God Bless Global Warming! lol
Mid to late October, but have played on xmas before.

Virginia Beach is a pretty nice area to live as far as golf goes. The winters are fairly mild and you can play year round with the exception of the occasional winter storm.

As a lover of the cooler temps, I actually played more golf in the winter some years, than I did in July-August.

That comes with being a transplanted New Englander, I guess.

Here in North Texas there is no "season". Golf can be played year 'round - certainly not every day nor maybe even every week but certainly every month. Scores are valid for handicap all year.

Doesn't end here or my last stop in NC. When I lived in Southern NJ I generally put the clubs away around Thanksgiving and took them out in mid March, in between I would probably play 2 or 3 rounds at the Jersey shore when a good weather stretch hit and would always do a Scottsdale or Phoenix trip. The break really wasn't a bad thing and I'm not sure it isn't a bad idea to shut it down. I always looked forward to that mid winter golf trip, now when I can play whenever I want it's still somewhat fun but not necessary and really not a big deal.

Back