Calling all Carolinians

I must hand it to all of you for handling that like gentlemen. I don't think I could've handled that situation as gracefully as you all did.

My thoughts exactly. There is zero reason for someone to act like that. If you feel like you're being held up, ask to play through politely. People without manners are a pet peeve. Glad you guys had fun regardless of those jackasses though.

Depending on the day. Saturday or Sunday I could make it work if the price of the round is right

Will let you know. Was thinking about cashing in a gift certificate to Lonnie Poole, but if I can make it back up before the end of Feb we can look elsewhere.

So anyone else up for golf in Raleigh this weekend? On GolfNow, rates for Lonnie Poole between around 10 and 11 are $39 for a 18 hole round (glad I purchased a round for $47 ... hmph!).

So anyone else up for golf in Raleigh this weekend? On GolfNow, rates for Lonnie Poole between around 10 and 11 are $39 for a 18 hole round (glad I purchased a round for $47 ... hmph!).
I was thinking the same thing. They are 39 a round all day everyday until the middle of march

Yeah, oh well ... maybe I will guilt trip them into comping me a ball marker or something. Lol.

What day are you looking at?

What day are you looking at?
Not sure yet. We are staying with friends for the weekend and he can only play Sunday, so probably Sunday. I may spend all day Saturday at GolfSmith. LOL.

Im out for a few weeks, aggravated something in my upper back shoulder area an need to let it heal up. Hopefully we can get something together in Feb in Columbia or Myrtle.

Im out for a few weeks, aggravated something in my upper back shoulder area an need to let it heal up. Hopefully we can get something together in Feb in Columbia or Myrtle.
Hope you heal up quick Joey.

Not sure yet. We are staying with friends for the weekend and he can only play Sunday, so probably Sunday. I may spend all day Saturday at GolfSmith. LOL.
Make sure to check out the new golf galaxy in Cary great great layout . It has its own thread on here somewhere

I may give it a shot. Maybe they'll have the new W/S putters in stock.

Do you guys still have an opening to play for a guy who shots around low 90s

Do you guys still have an opening to play for a guy who shots around low 90s
Yeah, as long as that guy doesn't mind playing with guys who routinely shoot in the high 90s to low 100s. :)

I think I might try and make this if you still have room. Sunday? Tee time yet?

I think I might try and make this if you still have room. Sunday? Tee time yet?
You'll be either #4 or #5. Or we'll get lucky and get a 6th and can do two groups of 3. Anyone else able to fit a round in at Lonnie Poole this weekend? I'll try to nail down the date and tee time today.

If it's sat i might be able to talk the wife into letting me play and her watch our new twin girls for a round let me know what you guys decide and I'll ask. Also sat is only 5% chance of rain i think Sunday is 75%

Last edited:
If it's sat i might be able to talk the wife into letting me play and her watch our new twin girls for a round let me know what you guys decide and I'll ask. Also sat is only 5% chance of rain i think Sunday is 75%
I'm about done with this rain business.

You and me both i can deal with cold but rain sucks

Hey guys...im about an hour away from Lonnie Poole...depending on the time and day I might be able to make it if yall need a sixth

I'm in durham about 45 minutes away. Been wanting to play this course since i started playing golf 2 years ago.

Not sure my schedule is going to allow me to play a Saturday round. Wife wants to leave Saturday morning, which wouldn't put us into Raleigh until around noon at the earliest. Plus, we are staying with my wife's friends, and her friends husband can't play until Sunday. If you guys can get a Saturday round going ... I say go for it. I may be stuck hoping the weather cooperates on Sunday.

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it. Wife informed me of plans that we had for Sunday that I had forgotten about.

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it. Wife informed me of plans that we had for Sunday that I had forgotten about.
It's ok.

Daycare just called and kiddo has a 102 fever, so looks like our Raleigh trip is cancelled.

Last edited:
deuce, hope your kid gets better quickly! (I'm a fan of pedialyte electrolyte mix + zinc for rehydration)

Back