The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously still stunned at what I saw. The mixture of utter domination, then going conservative and choking, followed by clutch throws. Seattle had to have every possible thing go in their favor the last 5 minutes and it did. Stunning to say the least

Wow what a win. Back to back superbowls. What a game. Rodgers played great, Wilson steadied the ship and both defenses played huge. Both teams played banged up with heart and laid it all on the line. Left it all on the field. Grsat win Hawks. Best game I've ever watched and it tops last year's NFC title game.

Yes I'm a 'Hawks fan and very biased...But that wasn't a great game???

That is secondly one of the greatest sports games I've ever witnessed.

Seattle comes back. But GB still has a chance to win in regulation.
Goes to OT...The QB who was being ridiculed an hour earlier throws a picture perfect pass to win it.

The game was to advance to the Super Bowl to boot.

It was a terrible game ending in an amazing comeback/choke.

Or put another way, was the 96 Masters great? Or just amazing to watch, similar to a jackknifed tractor trailer?

Oh my goodness. I was a bit behind but just finished the recording.
I can't believe what I just watched! But to see the Packers lose like that gives me great joy.
How bad Seattle was in the first half, how good in the second.
Unbelievable!

Lets go pats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A historic meltdown for the Packers. I can't remember seeing a championship game comeback like that ever before. This one will sting for a long, long time for the organization and all Pack fans.

I've seen some bad Packers losses. This one is different. I don't even know where to go.

Part of me wants to believe that the better team got their heads on at halftime and decided to start trying.

I've seen some bad Packers losses. This one is different. I don't even know where to go.

Part of me wants to believe that the better team got their heads on at halftime and decided to start trying.
Blu, I feel for ya man. Just surreal, really. Seattle scored TDs, GB scores FGs. That's the thing, just couldn't punch it in.

Cribs takes one off face mask. #Rusty

Bad start for Cribbs. Colts also going to need a better pass rush than what they are showing

It was a terrible game ending in an amazing comeback/choke.

Or put another way, was the 96 Masters great? Or just amazing to watch, similar to a jackknifed tractor trailer?
Martsy my man...I strongly disagree.

There are different ways a game can be great.
One of them, for me, is a comeback from a team that looked down and out.

Seattle came back.
But, still GB had a shot..and looked like they might win the game in regulation.

Whatever I say needs to be taken with a grain of salt...bc I watched through the eyes of someone who got the result he wanted.

But...I'd there anyone out there...who's not a Seattle fan, or hater (or the same for GB) that thinks we just watched a classic????

The thing that really pissed me off was the fake field goal - it was the domino that started maybe the most colossal meltdown in playoff history. Unbelievable!

Blu, I feel for ya man. Just surreal, really. Seattle scored TDs, GB scores FGs. That's the thing, just couldn't punch it in.
Don't feel bad for me. It's a football game. I'm just astounded. It was like a switch was flipped and the real Seattle team came out in the second half.

Martsy my man...I strongly disagree.

There are different ways a game can be great.
One of them, for me, is a comeback from a team that looked down and out.

Seattle came back.
But, still GB had a shot..and looked like they might win the game in regulation.

Whatever I say needs to be taken with a grain of salt...bc I watched through the eyes of someone who got the result he wanted.

But...I'd there anyone out there...who's not a Seattle fan, or hater (or the same for GB) that thinks we just watched a classic????

Yes I don't think it was a classic. It was an ugly game. Certainly entertaining but nowhere near one of the best games ever

The thing that really pissed me off was the fake field goal - it was the domino that started maybe the most colossal meltdown in playoff history. Unbelievable!
Yeah. Packers Special Teams have been pretty awful for years. You're in Florida. Ron Zook is one of the special teams coaches.

Not a classic by far...unless it's a classic for what not to do in a game.

Don't feel bad for me. It's a football game. I'm just astounded. It was like a switch was flipped and the real Seattle team came out in the second half.

To me, that onside kick was the undoing. No way you let that get recovered. Bostick blew it and screwed the team. Coaching should have kept the pressure on instead of trying to be conservative, but if Bostick catches, that, games over. Frustrating to say the least. Worst part for me is living up here and all the bandwagon fans going to gloat now.

Good luck/great start for the pats. They should be able to finish up this drive with a td after this gets overturned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But...[is] there anyone out there...who's not a Seattle fan, or hater (or the same for GB) that thinks we just watched a classic????

If you're asking if this was a classic, I would say no. A classic game to me is where both teams play well -- either with great defensive and/or great offensive performances. I think there was a lot of poor play by both teams, but at different times, with some bad coaching decisions as well, that just managed to balance out and converge to make it a close game at the end and to cause a dramatic finish.

But I guess different people will have different opinions.

Another play was when on the last RW pick when the dude just went down like they won the game where there was tons of room to run. He changes the field position there by 10 to 20 yards that changes things.

And I can't get over the two point conversion. I guess you don't really deserve to win when you let that happen.

Seattle had everything go wrong for them in the first half (and vice versa for.GB)

But GB was only up 16-0.
From GB's perspective that game should have been over at half time. Being up only two scores after that level of domination...
If you don't finish when you have the opportunity, against a quality opponent, that often comes back to bite you in the backside.

Colts shot themselves in the foot early already...after a good first 3 and out on D they gave up a quick TD after the muffed punt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back