Graphite shaft extensions

brianmk24

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I did a search and found a few older threads that suggested using dowels, old graphite shafts, or shaft extenders. I'll probably go with the shaft extender since I have to have somebody do it for me.

Are there any new innovations in shaft extensions and is there a limit to the extensions before risking integrity to the butt end? My UST Elements Helium was cut down to 43.75" (measured from end of grip to end of adapter) when I asked for 44.5" and now I'd like to just make it 45" or more. I'm frustrated with myself that I didn't ask UST to do it for me, but I didn't want to impose after I won the shaft earlier this year.

I would use a graphite shaft extension. I have used them a couple or times in the past with no issue and they are lighter like graphite shafts.

For adding an inch or so I don't see a problem using a graphite extension but I wouldn't use one to extend more than 2"

Adding 1.25" with a proper extension won't be any issue at all. Like Greg said above, 2" or more and it starts to get iffy. You'll be fine getting it to 45" though!

I extended one of my drivers 3" with the cheap graphite extenders from golfsmith. I didn't even epoxy it in, just stuck it in the shaft and gripped over it. Feels as solid as anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back