TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

Interesting. This is similar to the wording of their original SLDR message. Im curious to hear about how it impacts ball speed for the average golfer, especially around the face.

OUR LONGEST
DRIVER EVER
BUILT WITH EXTREMELY LOW CG
THAT ALLOWS FOR AN EFFICIENT
POWER TRANSFER FOR MORE
BALL SPEED.
*Distance claim based on robot testing at better player club head speed.

Any word on how heavy the weights are? Can you interchange the side to side with the front/back one if they weigh different? That would open up even more fine tuning options.

There will be 3 shaft options available with no up charge if I am being told correctly.

Jason Day says he picked up 3 mph ball speed with M1.
See, in terms of marketing a product, who cares? I swing nothing like Jason Day. Why not talk about forgiveness or how it performs for the average Joe. This is where TM is losing to other companies. Callaway, Cobra, etc focus on gaining distance and whatnot but they present it in a way where it's about the average Joe not their tour pro's. I'm just babbling but I hope it makes sense. Haha

Id love to hit it! Pretty underwhelming so far tho..........I can't help but feel like they still need some serious guidance in certain areas tho

Meh. People will buy it. That's all that matters.

There will be 3 shaft options available with no up charge if I am being told correctly.
While stock shafts have treated me rather well, it's hard to get excited about that.

Jason Day picking up 3 mph of ball speed is just not fair.

Interesting release. Hopefully the TM faithful will get desired results that initially are being touted.

I want TM to get back on track bc it's ultimately good for golf

Interesting. I prefer the flip zone from cobra for the looks of that tech. It might work but I don't like the looks of this one at all. Don't care to hit it at all...sorry bobcat.

In light of 19 options from Callaway, 3 seems laughable.

See, in terms of marketing a product, who cares? I swing nothing like Jason Day. Why not talk about forgiveness or how it performs for the average Joe. This is where TM is losing to other companies. Callaway, Cobra, etc focus on gaining distance and whatnot but they present it in a way where it's about the average Joe not their tour pro's. I'm just babbling but I hope it makes sense. Haha
Agree 100% Ricky. That's pretty much what I got out of it that I posted above. Not for you or I and many here...except for Dan and Jake and a few others.

Right, but that's no different than other companies releasing their 'tour' level driver. Where I think TaylorMade has been disconnected for a couple years is bridging the gap better. You enjoyed Aero, and that makes sense because it's geared more closely to your game.

The global meltdown that this comment probably brings on will be enjoyable. "TaylorMade needs an additional driver in their lineup"

I dont get the Jason Say stuff either? Like seriously haven't they noticed that not everyone cares about what a top ranked pro is getting? I want to know about how it'll work for us mid to high handicaps. How about some damn forgiveness lol the #1 driver ON TOUR is getting played out

Right, but that's no different than other companies releasing their 'tour' level driver. Where I think TaylorMade has been disconnected for a couple years is bridging the gap better. You enjoyed Aero, and that makes sense because it's geared more closely to your game.

The global meltdown that this comment probably brings on will be enjoyable. "TaylorMade needs an additional driver in their lineup"
Agree but it's all about how they market it. Take Callaway for example. They bring out the GBB and the DBB. You hardly hear anything about the DBB because they also brought something to market that fits a wide variety of golfers. I guess my point is that TM is focusing on the wrong segment of the golf population if they are looking to get back to where they were.

I
*Distance claim based on robot testing at better player club head speed.

That scares the bajesus out of me.

This is a nice sample where they are falling behind. Their 'stock' vs 'TP' lineup-for-more-money being no different than a simple shaft change is archaic logic.

Something about buying a full driver setup just to turf the shaft seems stupid.

I'm a little intrigued and I'm not a TaylorMade guy.

Seems pretty clear to me that TM loves their #1 driver on your status. Seems like they already have their target market.

In light of 19 options from Callaway, 3 seems laughable.
Did they announce the price of the driver yet? Because when other OEMs have 19 no upgrade charge shafts, you might as well get the most expensive one, because that's the one you are paying for.

So the "leaked" picture was correct, THPers called for the second track and were right, and TM claims this driver is the longest ever created.

Major yawn so far! However, I really dig the look of the head.

TM just doesn't get it IMO.

I seem to recall Callaway's transformation a few years back started with (included) a declaration that they needed to start making clubs for better players. That message was generally applauded. TM actually makes clubs for better players and they generally get slammed. Now obviously Callaway has amped up the forgiveness big time and that's great. But still, I find the dichotomy interesting at times.

This driver doesn't do much for me aesthetically but I'd still give it a shot. If it works it works (or not).

They are launching two drivers here. The M1 and the M1 430. Which one do you think they are going to talk about being for all golfers?

Agree 100% Ricky. That's pretty much what I got out of it that I posted above. Not for you or I and many here...except for Dan and Jake and a few others.

I dont get the Jason Say stuff either? Like seriously haven't they noticed that not everyone cares about what a top ranked pro is getting? I want to know about how it'll work for us mid to high handicaps. How about some damn forgiveness lol the #1 driver ON TOUR is getting played out

They brought Jason Day out at the launch event, and they asked him about the driver after talking about his incredible summer. Jason Day brought up the 3 mph comment on his own. It's not like that's all they are marketing tonight, but when they have the top player on their staff at the event, how can they not ask him about what the driver has done for him? I don't get the disgust about Day's comment.

I do not see anything here that tells me the page is being turned and the brand will be a juggernaut again. Performance and word of mouth may ultimately indicate otherwise but right now I'm not expecting this to move the needle very much.

Back