Looking for the perfect golf pants.

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm on the short side, 5' 6", and looking for the perfect golf pants. Fall temps are around the corner and I don't want to wear jeans like I did last year.

I'm always a little leery of ordering online, because I'm afraid of the fit. I need a more relaxed fit. Anyone have any suggestions?

If you want the best fitting, try the Nike golf pants......

I like the Peter Millar pants, along with the newer Puma lines. Both fit well, are made well and offer great comfort.

Under Armor hands down for pants and shorts. This summer I went from my usual cargo shorts every day to strictly UA shorts. I went out and bought every color they had in my size. I have 1 pair of under armor pants from last year that I love, but I'm gonna run out and greab 3-4 more pairs for this year.

I'm the same height as you are, and currently own two lines of pants: Nike and UnderArmour. Of the two, I think the Nike are more relaxed; however, mine are a few years old at this point so the cut may have changed.

I generally stray away from ordering online unless I can return it to a store locally because I know me, if I order it online and it doesn't fit right, it goes in the closet and doesn't get worn…

I'm only a inch taller and by far Under Armour has the most comfortable pants I have owned.

I'm the same height as you are, and currently own two lines of pants: Nike and UnderArmour. Of the two, I think the Nike are more relaxed; however, mine are a few years old at this point so the cut may have changed.

I generally stray away from ordering online unless I can return it to a store locally because I know me, if I order it online and it doesn't fit right, it goes in the closet and doesn't get worn…

The Nike stuff depends on the line - some of the recent stuff I've bought is pretty loose fitting, others are WAY too tight in the thigh area.

I like the Peter Millar pants, along with the newer Puma lines. Both fit well, are made well and offer great comfort.

I am curious because I like their shirts - how is the fit on Peter Millar pants? Their shirts are relaxed in the shoulders, but how are theirs pants?

I have picked up a couple of pairs of Underarmour pants as they have had a relaxed fit that have worked well for me.

I am curious because I like their shirts - how is the fit on Peter Millar pants? Their shirts are relaxed in the shoulders, but how are theirs pants?

Relaxed fit. Harder to find in the tech variety than the cotton in stores anyway, but online they are fantastic.

Relaxed fit. Harder to find in the tech variety than the cotton in stores anyway, but online they are fantastic.

I like the sounds of that. I will have to keep an eye out for them online then.

I just bought a pair of Greg Norman shorts that are made out of this fabric that has just enough give to it with out being stretchy. They also had pants but not my size or I would have bought them as well. The most comfortable golf shorts I have ever worn. If you can find them give them a look.

you really need to go and try some, only way to know what you will really like. Every brand has relaxed and slim fits.

FWIW, I like the Nike's Tour performance Dri-fit, great fit for my body type (I'm 6', large'ish legs, but smallish waste, so I struggle with pants that are tight around the thigh, but lose everywhere else).

If I could indulge in advice, it would be mindful of the pockets...pick pants with pockets that fit with how you use them, because you are always fishing for tees, markers, divot repair tools etc. Some pants have very flat (parallel across the belt line) pockets ...they look great, but suck for golf IMO

I own mostly Izod shorts/pants, but I do like the feel/fit on UA shorts. I will have to give the pants a try.

I have Under Armor, Adidas and Oakley pants, I find the Adidas to be the best fit for me 36x32 in all of their lines of shorts and pants. The UA's are great but their size varies by waist band. I find the gray stretch waist band runs small I have to go to 38x32 for correct fit, but the red stretch waist band is 36x32 dead on fit. With the Oakley pants the waist is great, but they are very long the 32 length seems more like a 34, just way to long.

I will state that in jeans I wear 36x32 as well as khaki pants (Polo brand jeans), but in dress pants I wear 38x32 that give me the best fit.

If your going to play in the COLD, then UA is by far the best of the best when you get their Storm line of pants, but way to much for fall weather here in Kentucky.

The best info I can give you is go to a Dick's store and try some on for fit, then go online with the style and model and save some cash, that's what I did.

If you are worried about fit, then, you should buy locally. None of us are the exact shape and size, so, what fits me, might not work for you. You would take a look at your local shops - Target, Walmart, Kohl's, and/or Macy's. There may not be any perfect options, but, you can, also, have pants tailored to fit.

Thank you for the advice guys. I ordered a pair of UA pants. I wear their shorts and shirts to gym for my workouts and they seem to fit pretty well.

I wear the Greg Norman 5 iron pant from Macy's for my job in the office. They're usually $35 I think, a bit less than UA, Nike, etc... I don't use them for golf.

When golfing on brisk days I usually wear REI hiking pants that are convertible into shorts.

Dave

I use nike and they work great, they even have some vents on the back to let air circulate..I had some UA shorts but I feel they run small and are pretty snug around the quads.

Nike Tour Performance Pants are great. The fit is very true to size and they are made with spandex like properties that allow them to move with you. Great pants and shorts.

I'm a fan of Dunning. Wear them most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on the short side, 5' 6", and looking for the perfect golf pants. Fall temps are around the corner and I don't want to wear jeans like I did last year.

I'm always a little leery of ordering online, because I'm afraid of the fit. I need a more relaxed fit. Anyone have any suggestions?

This sounds crazy...but I think Lululemon makes phenomenal golf pants. They're very comfortable and not super trim fit.

I am also a shorter guy (5'6, 160lbs, fit/muscular build) and tend to find the inseams on a lot of pants are too long. I really like newer Adidas/Puma's pants, with Puma you can buy them in both 30" and 32" lengths. I actually just bought a pair of the Puma PWRWarm and like the fit a lot.

I really like the Haggar Cool 18. They hold up well.

This sounds crazy...but I think Lululemon makes phenomenal golf pants. They're very comfortable and not super trim fit.

A buddy that I play with is always wearing lululemon pants. I really like the Maide golf by Bonobos pants. I am short husky fellow and they work pretty good for me.

Back