The Cheesesteak Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of great places to get them, do you have a favorite?

This is from Delco's and it was fantastic.

83eebc289eeb0100c49a7fd40ff0dbc5.jpg

Texadelphia here in DFW but not that many locations. Mustard sauce is to die for and the queso is just as good.

texadelphia.jpg

Went to school in Philly. Larry's Famous that is all. #BellyFiller

• Admin
The Cheesesteak Thread

The Amoroso roll is a must. I'm also a Whiz fan.

Last edited:
  • Admin
Went to school in Philly. Larry's Famous that is all. #BellyFiller

Excellent choice. Place Delco's is just like it. Clearwater has a Very large philly population thanks to the Phillies.

Place around here called Original Steaks and Hoagies and it is fantastic. Guy from Philly who moved here and opened up his own shop.

Cousins steak and cheese for me. I grew up on them in Wisconsin when they weighed a pound for afoot long. Publix makes a good one with some direction.

Lots of great places to get them, do you have a favorite?

This is from Delco's and it was fantastic.

83eebc289eeb0100c49a7fd40ff0dbc5.jpg
Where is Delco's!?!? I just ate lunch and this STILL has me drooling

Dunedin.
580 between Belcher and Keene.

My sister lives in Philly. Have tried them all. I think Jim's is the best. With Whiz of course. Unfortunately it is so good it has ruined them everywhere else for me. Nothing compares, at least that I have found.

Dunedin.
580 between Belcher and Keene.
wow, I literally take 580 every day on my way to/from work in Oldsmar.... I know where I'm going to dinner tomorrow (Lightning game tonight so 60 to tampa after work).. Thanks JB!

that looks SO GOOD!

There is a local place (non chain) by my office in Dearborn that is pretty well known called Ricky's that is pretty good!

Although I will say that one you just ate looks pretty damn good...

Best of Philly in downtown Phoenix. Provolone cheese instead of that terrible wiz crap.

As a result of reading the sandwich thread I went to Jersey Mikes and tried the Big Kahuna! Yes... delicious!

A vote for Fred's Downtown in Plano TX, good cheesesteaks and can order with or without wiz.

Jims Steakout is the best around here IMO. Lots of pizza places actually offer good Cheesesteaks too.

Straight out of Philly in Newport News is great. I go with the large of course and it is cheese stake with banana peppers, pepperoni and bacon.

I'm a big fan of Carl's in Waltham, MA. It's a small pick-up only shop with great cheesesteak and a lot of variations.

I've gotta go with the original, Pat's in Philly is the best for me, "Wiz wit'" and hot peppers.

Outside of that, there are some fabulous places in South Jersey where I grew up as well. Pizza steaks are the bomb.

I'll get roasted but as a native if it ever says Philadelphia Cheesesteak and you aren't in Philadelphia run like Carl Lewis.

I've tried a few here in Dallas and my stomach is still recovering

My favorite is Gateano's in the Philly 'burbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should have added the number one ingredient is actually the bread and that makes the local solution a tough one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back