Grandaddy fitting question for those who have been

45 minutes? I wish

I agree with others, go in with an open mind, and let the fitter do his thing!

I walked into the fitting fully open to what these professionals had to say for me and my swing, the irons fell into place pretty wildly in my mind though. Here's my experience from the recap thread:

My fitting: Corey just finished Round 1 with DDec and needed a quick water break and told me to warm up with whatever I want. I had thoughts coming into #TheGrandaddy of what I might need club spec wise just based on my own experiences visually. I have never had a lie check, or fitting or even hit on a monitor to see numbers like this so I was just guessing. I knew in the past I could have divots that seem deeper toe side so I grabbed a CF16 7 iron that was 2UP. It already had a KBS Tour 120g shaft in stiff and I thought 'Perfect!' Coming in I was playing Tour 90s and have always loved swinging other players irons with 110+ gram shafts, so I was leaning this direction. I hit it for a few minutes and loved my flight and feel without looking at numbers. Then Corey came back and liked what he saw and asked me about how I feel with the visual profile, if I prefer it there, what's normal?, etc. From there he switched my shafts a bunch of times and eventually put the Tour 120s in again and my numbers were the best with those start to finish! I couldn't believe it, I fell right into what I had thought coming in and then had it verified by Trackman!

Driver, woods, hybrid and wedges I had all faith in Corey since I had no real thought of what direction was best for me but I still can't believe that my visual analysis of my old clubs and the knowledge I've gained on THP on how shaft weight and lie angles can affect the flight of your ball, and that knowledge dropped me right into the perfect set of irons with the right shafts for me! And I will repeat what Ddec just said, time flies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes? I wish

As Finley calls it, the "jlukes rule" changed the way fittings were done in a timely manner so everyone could get the most out of it.

I hope you get to go back someday dude.

As Finley calls it, the "jlukes rule" changed the way fittings were done in a timely manner so everyone could get the most out of it.

Accurate.

And I really thought it was perfect last year, extra time was there for some who needed it and we rolled it through really well.

Nah dude, I'd love to, but I get a kick out of seeing the new crew experience it. It wasn't that big of a deal really. Gregdan and I made the most out of time sharing Garrit as he worked his magic with others.

A lot of great info in here for someone who has never been fit like myself. I'm planning on relaying what I am currently playing, having a couple things in mind but overall being open to their expertise and feedback.

Good question/responses, I plan on being as relaxed as possible and just getting some good swings in. Going to lean on the fitter heavy while trying out some of their offerings prior to the trip.

A ton of great advice already posted. I told my fitter what I was playing and we still tried several combinations to validate it. I will say, the thought of trying some exotic setups might be tempting, but the 45 minute fitting was a TON of swings, and by the time we got to the driver, I was decently fatigued. I'm glad we stayed focused and didn't try a lot of "what if" setups.

thanks to all the past Granddaddyians for the info, have a Callaway demo days 20 minutes from home on Saturday ....something tells me I will be busy Saturday morning...lol

I love reading this stuff...I've had a big box fitting and that's it. Given I'm already playing a full Callaway bag, I'm VERY curious to see the direction my setup goes.

when I got fit, I just let him do his job and have at it.

But I should say I have been playing. Stiff shaft standard L/L/L. And maybe talk about my miss shots to give them something I would think.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Back