Hello From Across the Pond (Birmingham, UK)

Dazinkster

Reaction score
Stokenchurch, Bucks, United Kingdom, United Kingdo
Handicap
9.8 CONGU
Hey guys, I read quite a few reviews on the site so figured I'd sign up to the forums.

I'm a 23 yr old PhD student at Birmigham uni and have played loads of sports in my life. Just recently I got back into golf (about 8-10 weeks ago). Handicap is currently at 17 but 7 of my last 8 rounds have been +14 or better :)

My home course is a beautiful private members course designed by Harry Colt http://www.harbornegolfclub.org.uk/ It's not the longest (its in a city so has had no room for being made longer over the years) but you have to think your way around and the greens are pretty dangerous if you get above the hole.

In my bag currently:
Driver: Nike Dymo2, 10.5*, stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nike Vr 21*, stiff voodoo shaft (I LOVE this club)
Irons: some random ones my dad got me when I was 14
Wedges: 52* Vokey (not a massive fan) and a 56* Jack Nicklaus (bit too begginner ish for me now)
Putter: Hotblade "Rudder" designed by Tad Moore (big mallet thing that is impossible to hit off-line)

Wish-List:
Irons: Set of 4-PW Nike Vr Split Cavities (fell in love with the way I hit demo versions of these down the range, and all the internet reviews seem to be great)
Wedges: Set of EIDOLON wedges (as an engineering person and science geek I really like the sound of the technology, and agin all the reviews appear to be good)

Thats me :) I look forward to seeing you on the forums

Welcome to THP.

Welcome Aboard!!

Welcome to THP Daz. Enjoy!

Hello Dazinkster. How's the weather in Birmingham? Let me guess, it's raining.

Also forgot, Balls...my #1 choice of ball atm is the Bridgestone Tour B330-RXS. I was fitted by Bridgestone a month or so ago and recommended them. I love it, the feel and spin is great. I lose about 10-20 yards on drives compared to harder balls but I love the ability to play a 5/6 iron in from 160+ yards and stop it within 10-15ft.

I see from other posts that you guys like them too :)

Hello Dazinkster. How's the weather in Birmingham? Let me guess, it's raining.

Haha, nope not yet! Although it is forecast, and I was hoping to hit the course later too.

Side note for fen_boy...I lived in March, Cambs for 10 years. So know all about the fens ;)

welcome!

Haha, nope not yet! Although it is forecast, and I was hoping to hit the course later too.

Side note for fen_boy...I lived in March, Cambs for 10 years. So know all about the fens ;)

Just so you know, I don't have webbed feet.

Another Brit - nice one - I can feel a THP Walker Cup coming on :)

Another Brit - nice one - I can feel a THP Walker Cup coming on :)

Haha, that sounds awesome! I'm coming to Vegas with a mate in September so could play a match-up then ;)

Welcome to the forum!

Hello and :welcome:

Welcome, if you ever want to play in NorCal, look me up. I'm originally from close to your neck of the woods (Melton Mowbray)

Hello and Welcome to THP!!

welcome aboard daz!

Welcome, if you ever want to play in NorCal, look me up. I'm originally from close to your neck of the woods (Melton Mowbray)

Cheers, I will. Not planning a trip over to that side of the states anytime soon though unfortunately :(

I'm happy to take golfers out round my course if anyone is ever near Birmingham too (providing your handicap is under 24 as it's a club rule for visitors)

Back