Designing minimalist bag and need to know what everyone carries and how much of it...

SeeTOF

Reaction score
Handicap
im totally new to the forum and the title of this thread pretty much says it all. But im designing a bag with a minimalist design and i really need to know what everyone out there carries. Obviously i know what I carry but im just a 2-3X a month muni player so i will admit that I really dont know enough to know whats important to other guys. Things basically fall into 2 categories: wants and needs. yall have no idea how much it would help to hear what everyone carries in their bag, if they consider themselves light or heavy packers (so to speak) and whats a "need" and whats a "want". also, if you fly for golf trips or bring your clubs with you, the same questions.

ive read one thread on this forum and the second post in it said "this place is like a family to me"....im not a forum guy. im a member of one other site: bladeforums, thats it and ive only been there for a month. so obviously im not a forum guy but i think its really cool that that is the sentiment yall have in here. hopefully ill be spending some time in here in the next few months and ill be able to share what im doing, im actually super excited about it, so i look forward to getting to know anyone and everyone. any help yall can give me would be immeasurable and i would be eternally grateful

oh, and i will apologize beforehand for any faux paus i commit or any toes i step on, like i said, im not a forum guy, so im sure ill make some mistakes at some point and ruffle some feathers. it wont be intentional, i promise.

Are you asking what extras we carry?

If so I carry 6-12 balls, a handful of tees, several ball markers and divot tools, a Callaway tool for my driver, range finder, rain gloves, and sun block.

This is a pretty good "minimalist" Sunday bag.

http://www.seamusgolf.com/products/fescue-sunday-bag-terratrooper

Super damn expensive, personally I wouldn't consider a bag that couldn't stand up on it's own so legs are a must, room for 6-12 balls, some tees and a place to put my wallet/keys/phone.

its not a soft bag. much different than that. it wont have legs but has a flat bottom so can stand up on flat surfaces. im thinking about putting legs, but its one of those things thats probably going to get cut cause one, it looks terrible and 2 it adds a complication that makes it less of an ultralight bag

Are you asking what extras we carry?

If so I carry 6-12 balls, a handful of tees, several ball markers and divot tools, a Callaway tool for my driver, range finder, rain gloves, and sun block.

thank you. how bigs your rangefinder? didnt think about sunblock. definitely important

thank you. how bigs your rangefinder? didnt think about sunblock. definitely important
Well historically I had a very large one, but recently picked up a much smaller one

I would say 50% or more. Of the 4 guys I play with the most, 3 of us have a laser range finder. With THPers I would think that number is even higher.

14 clubs, 8-10 balls, handfull of tees, rangefinder, club brush, 2 towels, 3 ball mark/tools, few pencils, scorecards, and Neutragena dry touch sun block.

My next round will be with a caddie so I took out everything that wasn't necessary so now I've got 14 clubs, 9 balls, a few tees, sun block, and 1 ball mark/tool.

14 clubs, 8-10 balls, handfull of tees, rangefinder, club brush, 2 towels, 3 ball mark/tools, few pencils, scorecards, and Neutragena dry touch sun block.

My next round will be with a caddie so I took out everything that wasn't necessary so now I've got 14 clubs, 9 balls, a few tees, sun block, and 1 ball mark/tool.

great. thanks for letting me know that it changes for people like that...how bigs a club brush and how many guys you think carry one?

When I walk I carry 13 or 14 clubs, a rangefinder, 3-6 balls, a water bottle, a towel, a dozen tees, and a ball mark repair tool. The rangefinder and repair tool staying my pocket.

I use the Sun Mountain Two Five bag and it is perfect for me. I haven't found a better, or even equal bag that weighs less than 2.5 pounds.

slide5.jpg

2016 Minimalist Bag:

Driver, 21 hybrid, 6,8,P, 50 & 56 wedges, putter. 8 clubs total.
6 balls, a gaggle of plastic tees*, ball mark & divot repair tool, towel, Garmin GPS. Bottle of water or Gatorade / Powerade.
Toted around in a Sunday Mackenzie Walker.
If on a course where walking is prohibited (or just unrealistic), the gear goes into a Jones stand bag, which works ok in a cart.

*Doubles as groove cleaners.

Tried minimalist golf as an experiment earlier this year; turns out I'm striking the ball better; handicap has dropped 2+ strokes, and I'm enjoying the game more. YMMV, good luck & enjoy the journey.

I carry mostly

I have a PING Hoover 4

My requirements are it is light as possible, my bag is 4 pounds. I want dual shoulder straps.

I carry 14 clubs, driver tool. I have a small bag that clips on same ring that holds 1 towel. I keep handful of tees, ball markers there. My range finder is in a carry case that clips to that same ring.

10 or so balls

1 laser. Pockets usually hold my wallet, keys and wedding ring.

In fall, side pocket might carry a light weight jacket.

Occasionally I will carry a Gatorade or water. It has a insulate pocket that is open at top to slide in and out.

Like I said, carry as light as possible.
Oh and a must is legs. At 35, I refuse to bend over to pick up my clubs. Also don't want my bag or clubs wet from the ground
Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I carry 14 clubs. Driver, 3W, hybrid, 3i-PW, then two Vokeys 56* & 60*.

Must have two straps, stand, & ball pocket. Also like a pocket for scorecard/yardage book.

Want insulated pocket for drink(s)

Extras carry two gloves, extra pair of socks, a dozen tees, rain jacket in garmet pocket in the fall. Valuables zip up pocket for wallet and keys. Leave my phone in the car when I play.

Also carry extra pencil for scorecard and sharpie for marking balls.

Also needs a spot to clip on a towel.

Right now using a great brand new Srixon bag that has all of this plus a removable rain hood.

Got it for $25 at used equipment store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just positioned a full bag at my NYC home but earlier this year I was playing a minimalist Sunday bag (Sun Mountain X-Strap).

Carried:

3W, 3H, 6i, 8i, PW, 56/13, putter
6-8 balls
fistful of tees
range finder
towel for me
small towel for balls/clubs
water bottle
Samsung Note 4
JBL Clip+ Speaker
car keys

on me: ball marker/pitch repair tool, GameGolf on my belt