KBS Tour iron shaft into hybrid head

George

Reaction score
Handicap
I've decided to reshaft my MP59's with KBS Tour R 1xhs as recommended by Mizunos Swing DNA. Right now I'm playing DG R300 but I want to lose weight and maybe gain some mph.
I found a set of uncut Tours for a resonable price and as I'm hardstepping them, I have a 4I shaft to throw in the corner.
OR...
I could put the 4I shaft in my Hybrid. Right now I have a X2Hot 22deg with Cally's OEM Version of the Aldila Tour Blue.
I know that the stock length of the X2Hot is 39.75" and it's supposed to be D0. Apparently the stock shaft has only 57gr (according to Cally's preowned) as opposed to the aftermarket Tour Blue.

So, let's pretend I put the Tour R in the Hybrid. The 4I comes at 40". I've measured the distance between the bottom of the club and the bottom of the hosel, it's 1.25" so i'd have to cut the KBS down to 38.5". This one comes in 40" 110gr uncut so shortening the shaft by 2" should lower it's weight by approximately 6gr.
For the sake if argument, let's forget balance point of the shaft and having to use a shim for the parallel head. Assuming that head and grip weight stay the same and the shaft gets heavier by 47gr, the Swingweight should rise to D5.
To get it back to D2 i'd further cut another 1/2". Or I leave the SW at D5 and use backweight like the secret grip or TourLock.
But stock 4I MP59 is 38.25". So the length gap to 5I would be 1 or 1.5" which seems a lot. Cutting the club to 38.25" would come down to C9. I've ordered 5gr tip weights for the irons. One of those would raise the SW to D1.5.
The KBS Hybrid comes in 43" and should be trimmed by 2" for a 22deg.

Seems complicated to me. Did I make a mistake and if so where?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

KBS Tour iron shaft into hybrid head

Oh forget every little piece of swingweight calculations I wrote in that 1st post.
A buddy just reminded me of my Cleveland CG16 4I that's practically unplayable for me. Bent to 19deg and at 39 1/8" no use. BUT it has a parallel steel shaft with 85gr in it. Snapped a couple of years ago right at the hosel. So the shaft is 1" tip trimmed so 2xhardstepped :), but it's a light shaft with a low kickpoint and tons of spin. I glued it back in, but the SW is way too low. Maybe that shaft will help me out after all. I'll put it in and see what happens. The club should play just over 38" and there's not the weight gap to the KBS and it's still gripped. Less calculations, more fun.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Back