Fashion Emergency

Re: Fashion Emergency

Harry Longshanks said:
Yes.

I'm not sure if she was impressed or not.

winner winner chicken dinner!! longshanks wins.....but it's not my thread. n'mind.

but wait. how could you not know if she was impressed? did she run screaming into the hills?

winner winner chicken dinner!! longshanks wins.....but it's not my thread. n'mind.

but wait. how could you not know if she was impressed? did she run screaming into the hills?

She routinely outdrove me. By a lot. A LOT. So she was a ways ahead and she turned around and saw and laughed, but I'm not sure if it was a "you win!" laugh, or a "you fail." laugh.

the dreaded salamander rule strikes again......

you're crazy. certifiably. who are you???

Well, hmmmmm . . . I'm not certified . . . that I know of.

And . . . well . . .

. . . okay, I'm sorry, but I am completely distracted by your avatar.

image.php

I need to eat that. Right now. Twice.

I'm starting to feel dirty just reading this thread.

NICE!!

I'm entertained and now curious about the Doodle.

:popcorn:

One of my friends has the same shoes in two different colors and that's what she brought one day - one of each. She took it in stride.

Could be worse. IF they would have brought two lefts or two rights.

I dont think I'd have a problem wearing two of the same shoes in different colors. Just need to play it off as a fashion statement.

When I stop playing 12 years ago, I had jut bought a new pair of golf shoes. When I cam back last year, I was wearing these shoes , that still look new and comfortable. The second round that I play since back, I notice on the 4th hole, the sole in front of my right shoe was coming off, as the round progress the sole was coming off more and more. In the ninth hole the sole up to the heel was flopping. I finish the round with the sole like that.

One of my friends has the same shoes in two different colors and that's what she brought one day - one of each. She took it in stride.

LOL! I had a guy show up at work one morning after a night of too much fun wearing a brown loafer and a black wingtip lace up.

diane....one of the guys in my sunday group did that. but they were completely different brands.

he was 'off' all day.

I could see that being a problem. I wore two different socks once and that threw me for the day.

Duh. Of course.

I wore one brown glove and one black glove today. I'm not sure how or why I didn't notice when I was driving, but I didn't notice until I got to my office. At least my boots match each other.

I wore one brown glove and one black glove today. I'm not sure how or why I didn't notice when I was driving, but I didn't notice until I got to my office. At least my boots match each other.

Too much fun on Sunday night, did we???

Once Pistol and I went 70 miles to Columbia SC to play, and upon our arrival I discovered I had brought two left shoes (I had 2 pair of brown & whites). The pro shop did not have any in my size (13W), so I had to play in my deck shoes that I wore for the trip. I only slipped once in 36 holes - heck, that coulda happened with softspikes!

Another story some of you may have seen elsewhere: Once I was in a local 36 hole tourney, having shot 75 the first day. I got off to a miserable start and by the 4th hole I was steaming. After another hacked shot from the trees, I slammed down my cap and hit it with my 4 iron, basically shredding it. I put the remains in my bag. After a number of holes, I realized I was getting terribly sunburned on top of my head. I had to find some vines and sorta stitch my hat back together enuff so it would stay on my head. I know I was a sight those last few holes - I carded a 94, career worst by a good margin. That night when I got home, I cleaned the hat and hand-sewed the back of it nicely. Then I took a green patch and cut it into the shape of a putting green and ironed it onto the front of my cap where the 4I had ripped through. I then got some blue patch material and cut out a '9' and a '4', and ironed them onto the green. I wore that cap for at least another year as a reminder to keep my cool on the golf course, and years later I can say I have never had any similar outburst of anger again. Bad shots and bad days are as much a part of golf as the good ones!

That made me laugh SAM, especially the thought of unpacking two left shoes.

Have you ever had a fashion emergency on the course? I'm talking everything from a split seam (Hello Soxy)

That was definitely my worst fashion emergency, but I have also showed up to a course on a rainy day forgetting my golf shoes. It was actually my dad's fault, he left them next to the car at home, so he graciously offered to buy me new shoes!

Back