Fashion Emergency

Diane

Reaction score
Have you ever had a fashion emergency on the course? I'm talking everything from a split seam (Hello Soxy) to a broken shoe lace to losing a spike to forgetting your socks to wearing clothes that are too warm or leave you cold?

I've had two - I got drenched in a storm and had to play looking like I had been in a wet t-shirt contest although I didn't know this until I completed the round. The 2nd time I wore long undies and was dying of heat by the time I reached the turn so I had to take them off. Note to self - don't wear white if rain is predicted and keep extra unmentionables in my bag on cold days.

I had a pair of ECCO golf shoes that the sole of the left shoe simply came off. Not just the spikes but the entire sole. It just sock, a tiny layer of shoe padding and then grass.

I've only lost a spike so far. <knock wood> But those are something I keep extras of in my bag so it was no biggie.

I showed up to a tournament, and when putting on my shoes, the tongue pulled right out (Oakley shoes). I only had flip-flops, so I had to wear them with the tongue just stuck in there.

My other issue, which has happened to me more than once, is that I'm short, so I have to buy pants that are too long, and have them hemmed. The spikes grab the cuff and rip it out when I squat down to read a putt or something, and I wind up with pants a mile too long flapping around during my round. It distracts and upsets me. I wish I could find pants that fit, but most of them are designed around stick figure kids with no butt or thighs, so I have to buy them big, which means long.

I wear layers, and often times find myself at some point peeling off a layer on the course.

Is this sort of like the dream when your standing in front of your classroom only in your underwear?

Now that I read this post I'm sure something is going to happen. Like sit down on a chair or something thats wet when wearing beige pants or something even worse.

wore khaki pants and knelt down for something and then had stains on the knees for the rest of the round.:disapointed:

I've had new undies turn out to be the indian variety. What a pain! I had my shoe bag come up missing on a trip to a very nice resort and with just a few minutes before tee time had to buy new shoes at the club house. I had to settle for too large and paid way too much for them.

Several times I have forgotten socks and had to go "commando feet" in my shoes. That's not too bad.

Buddy and I showed up for a tournament once and a huge thunderstorm hit just before we were due to start. We managed to get in the cart barn before we got wet, but after the deluge, it turned very cold and windy. We both wore shorts and polos. While they were waiting for the tournament to go off, we made a run to WalMart and bought sweats to keep us from freezing for 5 hours.

I rushed to a league I play in on Thursdays during the summer, and I was running late and forgot my shoes. I had to play in my rainbows. I actually didn't do so terribly bad. The superintendent of the course shot a 64 in flip flops one time.

I've been warm on the course a few times and def. didn't dress the part. Now I know to always bring a sweater, just...in...case...

But I did wear a pair of new golf shoes to a 9 hole course nearby, had socks on and everything, but these shoes were so comfortable the first 3 holes and then by the 4th hole, they were rubbing my heel and gave me mean blisters. It got so bad that I had to take them off, but luckily, I listened to the BF and had an extra pair of golf shoes with me in my bag, so I just wore those the rest of the round, and I know now to always carry Advil and band-aids (I've got the Hello Kitty band-aids!!) in my golf bag. So I used the band-aids to cover up my blisters and finish the rest of the round. I even use band-aids on my finger where I will most likely get a blister if I don't, either that or I have sports take (in pink!) that I'll use as well.

Nothing major...thank goodness :)

-Lost a spike
-played in soaking wet clothing
-Zipper on one of my removable sleeved pullovers broke
-New shoes torn the skin off my achilles (couldn't even walk after 4 holes)

Re: Fashion Emergency

I've been on the receiving end of quite a few Texas afternoon rain showers with no rain gear in sight....white shirt.

After a tee shot in the early morning, I slipped on some dewy grass and slid arse-end down a hill. Giant grass and mud stains all day.

Another white shirt....100* temps....red Gatorade on the first tee.

I've been on the receiving end of quite a few Texas afternoon rain showers with no rain gear in sight....white shirt.

Reeaaallllly?

I'll, ummmmm . . . be right back.

and a stain stick. a Tide pen is the best.

I have one around here somewhere.

Except the cap always falls off and I get the stuff everywhere. Or I shake it too hard, the cap flies off, and I get the stuff everywhere.

Harry Longshanks said:
Sweet. I think I'm going to go shake mine all over the place just for fun.

wild tuesday night in the longshanks house, huh?

but you never told us about your fashion emergency.

wild tuesday night in the longshanks house, huh?

but you never told us about your fashion emergency.

Oh yeah. It's party central here.

I'm not sure I've ever had a golf course fashion emergency. Well, I did fail to hit it past the women's tees once while playing with a very attractive young lady.

Harry Longshanks said:
Oh yeah. It's party central here.

I'm not sure I've ever had a golf course fashion emergency. Well, I did fail to hit it past the women's tees once while playing with a very attractive young lady.

doh. did you follow through with the man law?

Back