Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
My Clicgear 3.0 is 5 years old and has been used an absolute ton....she's served me well and now it's starting to show some of it's age. I'm looking to get something new relatively soon. It's been a long time since I've even shopped around at various push cart options available, but I see there are plenty. I did some research on THP and found most of the threads on the topic are relatively out dated compared to what's available today.

I really like my Clicgear, mainly for the ease of storage and the overall performance, but now I'm seeing several different 3 and 4 wheel options available from not only Clicgear but Sun Mountain and others as well. My gut says just get another Clicgear, a 3.5+, but before I do that I wanted to see what you guys thought.

What do you have, what do you like about it, what would you suggest I check out before just going straight for another Clicgear? Bonus entries for anyone who has a pic of their setup along with the recommendation!

I am sure that you can't go wrong with another Clicgear but if you are looking for another alternative you might want to check out Big Max. I have one and like it. Understand it is a leading Euro brand coming to the States. If you are looking for compact, they have a version that collapses very flat.

I have a Bag Boy Quad Plus.

Don't use it often, but my favorite thing about it is that I can hook up the cooler from the course on it and it hangs right over the back wheels, so it doesn't change the fulcrum point. I'll find a pic. :)

Quad Plus with the beer cooler attached with a bungee cord.

ab09c252711479b4a27f131e65efd07b.jpg
d054f852930c7dbf6ff6a3bc5efc1fb3.jpg

The 3.5+ is a great option. I compared it to the 8.0 before buying, but the 3.5+ had what I wanted. I also looked at a couple of Sun Mountain carts, and a Bag Boy, I think. The ClicGear, while more expensive, felt "better" in fit, finish, and materials, to me.

Nice Smallie, that cooler works perfectly there!

Thanks for the other responses so far. While I haven't looked in person, I looked at the Clicgear 8.0 and the new Sun Mountain Speed Cart GT (which looks exactly like a Clicgear 3.5+) and they don't look bad. Not sure why, but I don't think I like the looks of a 4 wheel cart. They just seem like they wouldn't roll as good or something....maybe it's just me.

I have a Bag Boy C3 and like it. It does what I need it to do and folds up pretty small. Sometimes I wish mine had a swiveling/steering front wheel but not often enough to buy another one.

I have a Clicgear 3.5 and love it. Lots of accessories, pushes easy and durability has been fine for the first year so far.

I have the 3.5 with a bunch of attachments including the cooler one. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't change a thing, I love it. Works well and I've used it a ton this year.

I'm looking around as well one thing I have liked when rolling them around the store is a swivel wheel that can also lock. The Rovic Swv1 and bag boy tri swivel 2 have my interest.

Should note that Rovic is the sister company to clicgear might want to check their site.

Still rocking a 3.0 myself. I've got a small cooler that I hang from one of the attachment points for hot days or those days when you just need a little swing lube. If I had to pick again tomorrow, I'd be hard pressed to stray too far from another Clicgear. Not sure if I'd go with the quad or a similar cart to what I have now, but the 3.0 has been just awesome for me.

My thoughts exactly Jon, but I really just want to make sure there's not something else great out there that I should be looking into. But yeah, my 3.0 has served me so well for 5 years, I really don't think I could go wrong going with a 3.5+.

Have both the 3.0 and the 8.0. The four wheel looked odd to me at first but now it's reversed and always grab the 8.0 and let Tera use the 3.0. The 8.0 really holds my Bennington bag well and that bag is huge. Folds up small and is only a touch larger than the 3. Will see if I can grab some pics sbs. I don't even look at other brands anymore...well seriously anyway
bbdccfa6156098a3b8501b730b028446.jpg
2619616a37d681e8b59459b6e60bbf9a.jpg

Last edited:
Based off reviews here I bought my 3.5 clicgear early last year and after 70+ rounds of pushing I have zero complaints.

clicgear 3.5 is a damn good cart and would let you keep using and and all accessories without any further investment.

I have the Bag Boy Triswivel II and find it to be a very solid push cart. Rolls really well, the layout of the console is the best among all the carts I have seen and love the adjustable height/angle on the handle portion. Cons are it doesn't fold up as small as the Clicgear or most Sun Mountain models I have seen.

If I had to buy again I would probably pick up a Clicgear or check out the Big Max blade as it's size is very intriguing. If I can get some pics when I get home of the Bag Boy I will add them.

I've had my Clicgear 3.5+ for 3 years now and it's still going strong. It has gotten a lot of use because I walk almost every round but it's still in great shape. I also like all the accessory options it has.

I'm in the same boat, but clicgear has served me well and with as cheap as parts are for it, I'll keep patching it back together! But once it goes I'll be getting another clicgear for sure.

I'd go 3.5+ or 8.0.

i'd probably have a hard time going to anything but a clic gear after my current one wears out.

My Clicgear 3.0 is 5 years old and has been used an absolute ton....she's served me well and now it's starting to show some of it's age. I'm looking to get something new relatively soon. It's been a long time since I've even shopped around at various push cart options available, but I see there are plenty. I did some research on THP and found most of the threads on the topic are relatively out dated compared to what's available today.

I really like my Clicgear, mainly for the ease of storage and the overall performance, but now I'm seeing several different 3 and 4 wheel options available from not only Clicgear but Sun Mountain and others as well. My gut says just get another Clicgear, a 3.5+, but before I do that I wanted to see what you guys thought.

What do you have, what do you like about it, what would you suggest I check out before just going straight for another Clicgear? Bonus entries for anyone who has a pic of their setup along with the recommendation!

My 3.5+ has been great. I had an old pull cart that lasted me 15 yrs....only reason I got the 3.5+ was that my dad wanted a cart...so I gave him my pull cart and got a new one lol. I'm curious though what's exactly happening to your 3.0 that it needs to be replaced? Only thing I have had to change on the 3.5+ was the brake gear....snapped a cog because I tried to push it too many times while the brake was still on lol. It seems better built than my old pull cart and don't see why it shouldn't last more than 5 yrs.

I would look no further than Clicgear and grab a 3.5+. I have at least 300 rounds on mine and zero complaints or issues.

A friend has the Clicgear 3.5+, which is what I was also looking at. While doing research, it became apparent that there is a 5.0 on the way that is supposedly an upgrade to the 3.5. Might be some great deals to be had on the "old" version once they release the new one. No idea when it's due, but hopefully they'll have info out soon.

Thanks for all the responses guys, much appreciated! A 5.0 coming out huh? Hmm, I better do some research on that one. I have been so happy with my 3.0 that I just can't imagine getting anything but another clicgear. I have never heard a complaint about a clic model either.

Clic Gear 3.5 hands down for me. It's solid, easy to fold up and fits any cart bag perfectly. Lots of accessories to choose from as well. It's a little pricy, but it's not something you upgrade often. Worth the bucks IMO.

I say go with your gut and get a 3.5+. It's a proven platform. You can always order pieces from Cligear to replace older ones to renew your cart.

Back