My Little Brother 2

bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
As I said in this thread , my little brother is heading for Iraq in the coming days/weeks. We're not sure. He got to come home for the weekend. We actually just got home from dropping him off at the airport.

This was probably the fastest 4 days of my life. :sad: We did have a lot of fun in the time he was home though.

Friday we picked him up at the airport and we surprised him by meeting him at the gate. I was standing with a sign that said "Welcome Home Little Brother. Spec. Maynard is my HERO!!!" All the guys that were on the plane with him saw it and laughed. He tried to sneak by us but we seen him.

We went out to the bar on Friday night and had a good time. I bought him a couple drinks and we just hung out.

Saturday we had a family Christmas party at my grandpa's and got a special visit from Santa.

Sunday we had Christmas with just my family. I think it was his worst nightmare of a Christmas. All he got was underwear. He wanted these UnderArmor shorts that were $20 a piece so my sisters and I got him some for Christmas. I mean what else do you get someone that is shipping out for a year??

Today we went to lunch and then dropped him off at the airport. So far I'm hanging tough but it's only been about an hour.

Now starts the clock for his one year. Hopefully it will go just as fast as the last 4 days went.

Glad you had such a great time with him. Our thoughts will be with him.

As I said in this thread , my little brother is heading for Iraq in the coming days/weeks. We're not sure. He got to come home for the weekend. We actually just got home from dropping him off at the airport.

This was probably the fastest 4 days of my life. :sad: We did have a lot of fun in the time he was home though.

Friday we picked him up at the airport and we surprised him by meeting him at the gate. I was standing with a sign that said "Welcome Home Little Brother. Spec. Maynard is my HERO!!!" All the guys that were on the plane with him saw it and laughed. He tried to sneak by us but we seen him.

We went out to the bar on Friday night and had a good time. I bought him a couple drinks and we just hung out.

Saturday we had a family Christmas party at my grandpa's and got a special visit from Santa.

Sunday we had Christmas with just my family. I think it was his worst nightmare of a Christmas. All he got was underwear. He wanted these UnderArmor shorts that were $20 a piece so my sisters and I got him some for Christmas. I mean what else do you get someone that is shipping out for a year??

Today we went to lunch and then dropped him off at the airport. So far I'm hanging tough but it's only been about an hour.

Now starts the clock for his one year. Hopefully it will go just as fast as the last 4 days went.

Your brother will be in all our thoughts Bogey! I can't say enough about the sacrifice the men and women of this country make every day while overseas. Thanks for sharing that touching story, best wishes to you and your family.

We are all praying for a timely and healthy return.

I'm sure the day he returns will be right up there in the best days of your life.

Good luck to him! Will be in my prayers.

Here's to a healthy return

This holiday has felt fast - I hope you're holding up. Please pass along updates. The year may feel slow, but you will wonder how your brother grew so fast in that time! Will be thinking of you and yours this Christmas.

Here are a couple of pictures of my brother since he's been gone.

I think he should have sent this one out as a Christmas card.

BTree.jpg

Lucky Dog. I guess guys in uniform do get all the ladies.

BCheerleaders.jpg

Wow bogey look at those babes!

I know. Lucky dog. I like the two darker haired ones. I would settle for the blonde though if I had too. :wink:

Where are they from? I'm guessing Miami Dolphins cheerleaders?

That's my guess too. The colors match the teams and I think that's what the jackets say but I'm not sure. My "old" eyes can't really make it out.

Back