2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I tend to track my body fat loss by putting on my pants. lol Not to scientific, but it works.

I don't have a BF Scale. I take progress pics about every month

That's a good idea, too.

I figure that when I get down a ways and the Mrs. start to not be able to keep her hands off of me....that's where I'll stop and maintain. lol

I measure based on the amount of jiggle when I brush my teeth. :banana:

(Not making fun of anything ... I actually salute, and encourage anyone making a healthier life style choice.)

Never consider BF as a data point, but it sounds like a great idea!

It can become a data point if your BMI claims you are morbidly obese. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I feel like this week, I've just sucked. I haven't been able to get to the gym since Sunday. My grandpa is in the hospital and the roads have been pretty crappy around here. I've been eating within my points; and watching what I've been eating at that but I know exercise is part of it too. #feelingblah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like this week, I've just sucked. I haven't been able to get to the gym since Sunday. My grandpa is in the hospital and the roads have been pretty crappy around here. I've been eating within my points; and watching what I've been eating at that but I know exercise is part of it too. #feelingblah

Diet will always be the biggest factor. Stress comes into play and its a marathon not a sprint. Hang in there.

Yep! Diet is 90+% of weight loss. Fitness is to get you in better physical shape, but it doesn't aid in weight loss near as much as people think

Depending on how many calories down you are from your goal, those last five miles on the NordicTrac could be the difference between a cheeseburger and a cheesy puff. Just saying.
Yep! Diet is 90+% of weight loss. Fitness is to get you in better physical shape, but it doesn't aid in weight loss near as much as people think

Just want to give props to this thread for recommending the Better n Peanut Butter. Got some a week ago and I've had some almost each day. Love it as a snack on apples on a graham cracker for something sweet.

have been in the gym trying a new cardio idea, walking a fasted paced treadmill for 3 miles (3.7 mph) and at least 6000 meters on the rowing machine with an average of 7 meters per row stroke. work up a good sweat and feel great

Anyone try p28 peanut butter or other spreads? Didn't want to drop the money on a 4pk of something that might not like. Have considered the trial pack which gives a little of everything they have

Life happens. Don't let it de rail you. Get back to the gym when you can. It's not a race.

Vary your pace and you'll see even better results. ;)
have been in the gym trying a new cardio idea, walking a fasted paced treadmill for 3 miles (3.7 mph) and at least 6000 meters on the rowing machine with an average of 7 meters per row stroke. work up a good sweat and feel great

Sorry to hear about your grandpa, hope everything works out ok. Just keep up the good work! There are lots of things you can do at home to get the workout. Sometimes when I can't get to the gym, I'll turn on yoga and do it with Lucas(crazy how much a 4 year old enjoys yoga) maybe Jax would like it as well.

Well I am down a total of 9.1 pounds on the cleanse portion of the Advocare 24 day. I am actually pretty surprised. I have been eating super clean and working out for the past 4-5 months so I didn't expect to see a big drop. I am only 10 pounds from being sub 200 for the first time since probably freshman year of high school.

185 will be here before I know it.

Well I am down a total of 9.1 pounds on the cleanse portion of the Advocare 24 day. I am actually pretty surprised. I have been eating super clean and working out for the past 4-5 months so I didn't expect to see a big drop. I am only 10 pounds from being sub 200 for the first time since probably freshman year of high school.

damn that's impressive. I really think I need to do this post PGA show

I think you would enjoy it man. Honestly it isn't too difficult, and clearly if you stick to the plan it can deliver results.

Yes, you really do.

Wow that is kicking some butt!

I weighed in last at OT for the weight loss challenge, and will weigh in Monday for the THP challenge.

I'll take some explanation of "Advocare" plan please! That sounds awesome!

Back