luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Need to replace my 8 iron. Anyone have a nice one to sell?

What are you currently playing with/looking for?

What are you currently playing with/looking for?

I currently don't have an 8 iron but a THP'er said he has a club he is gonna give me when I meet him on Friday. We're even gonna play a round of golf - weather permitting.

But thanks for asking. Nevertheless if you happen to have a Ping black dot in the G-series you would like to sell then I still might be interested if the club is in good condition

I currently don't have an 8 iron but a THP'er said he has a club he is gonna give me when I meet him on Friday. We're even gonna play a round of golf - weather permitting.

But thanks for asking. Nevertheless if you happen to have a Ping black dot in the G-series you would like to sell then I still might be interested if the club is in good condition

? Just curious why you don't have an 8 iron. What happened? Can you post the set you are using?

? Just curious why you don't have an 8 iron. What happened? Can you post the set you are using?

The reason I don't currently have an 8 iron is because I put together a set of clubs, one club at a time. When I first started playing golf again 3 years go I initially bought a set of cheap clubs at a garage sale and have been replacing each club with better clubs, one club at a time. So far my bag is made up with a Cobra Flyz+ driver, a Adams Speedline Super S 3 FW, a Cobra Baffler XL 5 FW, a Cobra Bio Cell adjustable 3/4 hybrid, a Adams DHY 27 degree iron, a Ping G15 6 iron, a Wison 7 iron and PW a Ping G5 9 iron, a Orlimar 56 W, a 60 W, and a Top Flite half mallet putter. Those clubs work pretty good for me. I got rid of the ones that messed with my game. And after my last outing on Monday I am convinced that I really need to ad a 8 iron to my arsenal.

That's a very interesting way to go. I did the same when I started a year ago and decided I wanted to build a set of BeCu Eye 2's. I learned pretty quickly that's not the most economical way to go. If you are interested, I do have a set of Titleist 990s I would sell you cheap. The 5 iron is on the short side, but it sounds like you would only need the 6-Pw since you're playing the 27* DHy.

The reason I don't currently have an 8 iron is because I put together a set of clubs, one club at a time. When I first started playing golf again 3 years go I initially bought a set of cheap clubs at a garage sale and have been replacing each club with better clubs, one club at a time. So far my bag is made up with a Cobra Flyz+ driver, a Adams Speedline Super S 3 FW, a Cobra Baffler XL 5 FW, a Cobra Bio Cell adjustable 3/4 hybrid, a Adams DHY 27 degree iron, a Ping G15 6 iron, a Wison 7 iron and PW a Ping G5 9 iron, a Orlimar 56 W, a 60 W, and a Top Flite half mallet putter. Those clubs work pretty good for me. I got rid of the ones that messed with my game. And after my last outing on Monday I am convinced that I really need to ad a 8 iron to my arsenal.

Very intersting, never heard of putting a set together 1 club at a time. What was the original set you bought at the garage sale. Sometimes we can find gems!

Yes we can. Like my 99 Apex blades from a secondhand sporting goods store. Got them for a two digit price.

Very intersting, never heard of putting a set together 1 club at a time. What was the original set you bought at the garage sale. Sometimes we can find gems!

My original set that I bought at a garage sale were a Wilson driver and 3-PW Saturn irons. The balls never felt good off the club faces and I was inconsistent with them so I sold them on Craigslist

That's a very interesting way to go. I did the same when I started a year ago and decided I wanted to build a set of BeCu Eye 2's. I learned pretty quickly that's not the most economical way to go. If you are interested, I do have a set of Titleist 990s I would sell you cheap. The 5 iron is on the short side, but it sounds like you would only need the 6-Pw since you're playing the 27* DHy.

Thanks . . . I will keep you in mind.

Back