Bad Movie - Vested Interest

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm watching a terrible movie while on a plane today and I have about 50 minutes into a 90 minute movie. It's really bad, but I feel like I have put so much time into it I have to finish.

What is the cut off where you can kill it and not at least wonder what the payoff is.

To my knowledge I've never intentionally quit on a movie. I always have to finish it. No matter how bad it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm like 20 min in. If I'm not interested by that point, I'm cutting it.

I say in the 10 to 15 minute range. Anything past that I feel like I have to see the end, no matter how bad the movie is.

If I don't like a movie 20 minutes in, I'm done!!! No sense waiting time at that point.

Sometimes they're so bad you need to keep watching, but most times i know if I start falling asleep it's something I just don't care about. That's usually 15-20 minutes in.

If I get past 15 minutes, I'm almost always in it until the end.

15-20 minutes, if it doesnt hold my interest or is just plain bad, I turn it off.

This is all the farther I got into Anchorman before I turned it off.

You are a bad person.

I will usually shut it off in the first 20 minutes, otherwise the only way I don't finish is if I fall asleep or it is beyond terrible.

This is all the farther I got into Anchorman before I turned it off.
I'm the same way dude. Never understood the love for that movie I thought it was awful.

As for the OP question I'll give it twenty minutes before I shut it off.

This can be flexible as certain types of movies can take longer to develop.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It depends. There is a certain level of terrible where I just don't care at all what the end is. But, I usually won't get 50 minutes in if it's that bad, so to answer your questions, if it's tolerable enough for me to get to the 50 minute mark, it's probably tolerable enough where I need to know how it ends.

If I quit before 20 or 30 minutes, it really sucks in a special way haha

We generally watch until the bitter end.

I even watched Blow and it may have been the worst movie I ever saw. Even worse than Evil Dead.

I will give it 10-15 minutes, if it does not "catch" my interest I will move on to something else.

I suck at turning bad shows off, so my cut off point is probably only like 10-15 minutes. After that, I gotta know what happens for some silly reason.

Sometimes, stupid is funny. Sometimes stupid is stupid. Anchorman, Dumb 'n Dumber, nearly ANY Sandler, just stupid.
OP- if it ain't happening by 10, it ain't gonna happen

If I'm on a flight, I give them 20 minutes, if you don't have my interest by then its time to fire up the Kindle.

A Million Ways to Die in the West did this to me. I got half way and and was pissed because I wanted to see the ending.

I also watched every minute of Blended (Sandler) but that was mostly because I think Terry Crews is hilarious.

I'll go as far as 10-15 mins. And that's about it.

25 minutes and you have to either stay or move on.

If it's on tv, 15 min in or I'll TiVo it so I can skip through crappy parts: that drives my wife nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have watched some of the dumbest movies all the way through and then asked myself WHY??????

Back