You plan the Event

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
As the Events Coordinator, we are always working on fun ideas and thought this would be fun as well. You are tasked to plan an event that involves 16 people and an OEM.

What would you want included?
How many rounds of golf?
Equipment included?
Food included?
Lodging included?
If so, Onsite or Offsite?
Company people there to play with and speak to?

Where would you host the event
And how much would the cost be?

Keep the answers to the first 6 questions in mind when you post what the cost would be for all of that.

Go

Nice try, but I'm not gonna do your job for you, Mike. :D

Honestly, I wouldn't even know where to start. Event planning is not my strong suit.

Mad props for all the events you get lined up.

The grandaddy.

Wondering if you allow the competitors to play the tees that make them feel comfortable?If that means even the red tees for some of us super high handicappers?

Oh wow! Ok...I'll give it a shot.

This is hypothetical, of course.

Golf, with range balls and cart

How many rounds of golf?
Just one round with this hypothetical event.

Though, there are a few nice courses in the area for additional rounds the day before or after if you want.

Equipment Included?
No, you'd have to bring your own clubs.

Food included?
Lunch at the course, at the turn/and or after the round, but no other food included, you're on your own.

Lodging included?
Not a stay and play location, but hotel costs aren't to bad in this area.

It would be nice, but not necessary

Where would you host the event, and how much would the cost be?

Prairie Dunes Country Club, in Hutchinson, KS!
$299 per person

Everything I would say, is what is involved in an Ultimate Club Testing. Education, range, a couple of rounds with the equipment, dinner with the OEM rep involved if they're able to stay.

Location: somewhere warm, because no one wants to do anything where there's a chance of snow.

Cost: What were they around, 400 or so?

What would you want included? golf, lodging
How many rounds of golf? 3 over a 2 day period
Equipment included? sure, why not
Food included? no
Lodging included? yes
If so, Onsite or Offsite? onsite
Company people there to play with and speak to? indifferent

Where would you host the event? Pawley's Island
And how much would the cost be? $500

The grandaddy.

You are being tasked to create the event, so if you are paying for everybody to go and play at the Hideaway, I am excited and please tell me more.

Wondering if you allow the competitors to play the tees that make them feel comfortable?If that means even the red tees for some of us super high handicappers?

It depends on the event, but in the past, we always play distances fair for all and formats that help even the shortest hitters find success. Heck most of our multitime HOFers are shorter hitters.

As the Events Coordinator, we are always working on fun ideas and thought this would be fun as well. You are tasked to plan an event that involves 16 people and an OEM.
Keep the answers to the first 6 questions in mind when you post what the cost would be for all of that.

Go

What would you want included? A little swag, and see below
How many rounds of golf? two, one per day with stay and play preferred
Equipment included? doesn't have to be, but at a minimum i would want to test the latest and greatest and maybe even do a fitting
Food included? meet and greet drinks on the evening before the golf. dinner included that night. fend for yourself on day 2. nice dinner in private room on the last night.
Lodging included? yes
If so, Onsite or Offsite? onsite
Company people there to play with and speak to? required

Where would you host the event? somewhere in the south. kentucky, tennessee or georgia since alabama has an event this year.
And how much would the cost be? $499

How many rounds of golf?
Equipment included?
Food included?
Lodging included?

Go

I don't envy what you do my brother, but I always appreciate it!

- Friday optional meetup for dinner - Only need a reservation, not food covered or anything. Same goes for Sat. Just give attendees a place to hang and have fun
- Two rounds of golf, one Saturday mid day, one Sunday AM (Saturday PM round with company reps is AWESOME)
- One knowledge session from OEM if possible, or FlightScope session/putting green session with sponsored equipment.
- Lodging deals would be nice, but not a deal breaker -- More so to help attendees stay close together if they want
- Carolina location of some sort is usually my fav
- Equipment is always fun, but I guess that's up to the OEM and what they are looking to get out of the weekend
- Being that the only things I've noted above would be paid upfront would be the golf, I'd say something very reasonable - Not sure what that would be though

You are being tasked to create the event, so if you are paying for everybody to go and play at the Hideaway, I am excited and please tell me more.

Haha touché. Honestly I just knew someone would say something about it so I threw it out early to get it out of the way. In all fairness to MD441 and you guys, I have no idea where to start. A bunch of stuff sounds good and all in my head, but I have no idea how you guys set up some of the things you set up and for those prices.

These are answers that are not considering #TheGrandaddy because we were asked for price/what we would pay.

-Q&A with OEM
-limited edition swag
-prototype testing
-team competition
-Skills challenge/putting competition after the rounds

How many rounds of golf?
-2rounds

Equipment included?
-Gear is always great, but I would say limit it to a single putter, wedge, driver/FW

Food included?
-Yes. Couple of dinners/lunches as the event requires

Lodging included?
-Would be nice, but not needed. Would definitely have a discounted rate

-I prefer onsite. Allows to hang out during the event without driving all over the place.

-Absolutely. Anything we can learn from an OEM its a bonus. Playing with them is also great bc IMO that's how connections are made & learn more IMO

-I would host it at a stay & play resort. A fair price would be anywhere between $300-$500 depending on venue and how many days the event is.

The Outing pretty much nails it for me.

As much golf as you can handle with a ton of good people. Of course I like having it in FL.

The Outing pretty much nails it for me.

As much golf as you can handle with a ton of good people. Of course I like having it in FL.

Yep this is it for me. Multiple day, unlimited golf and range time.

How many rounds of golf?
Equipment included?
Food included?
Lodging included?

Go

2 days of Golf(1 day of Big Break Style Competition for Points)( 1 day of 2 man Matchplay)

4-6 personteams(16 THPers, 8 OEMers) (4THP,2OEM per team)

No equipment for Everyone- but winning team has each player win one package from said OEM. 1 player wins Woods, 1 player wins Irons, 1 player wins Wedges, and 1 player wins a Putter. Oh and the OEM players on each squad would be able to select 1 of these items for themselves out of their companies latest lineup, to keep them as motivated as we are!

Dinner included after the first night of competition but night before meet and greet and post competition dinner can be on your own but I would hope it's at least organized somewhere for everyone.

Indifferent to Lodging choice and On site Offsite.

Obviously OEM involved based on team requirements.

Host site: Warm weather and Sunshine

Price: if lodging included $499, if lodging on our own $349.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be in Texas. Outside of that I'm not sure.

To keep the event as open to as many people of possible I'm making cost conscious decisions.
How many rounds of golf? 2 rounds of golf
Equipment included? No, but equipment from sponsor having product to demo would be nice
Food included? 1 meal after first round of golf
Lodging included? Yes
If so, Onsite or Offsite? On site
Company people there to play with and speak to? So many to choose from so won't name any specific but yes there to speak to and play.

And how much would the cost be? I would host the event in larger area with a large airline hub with at most a 90 min drive and also driveable for those who may be close. I would consider Pinehurst, Myrtle, Orlando area, Chicago, Arizona.

Cost ts would be $499

Go[/QUOTE]

Can I just copy and paste the 1st post of #StaffProto :D

Ok here goes, and I'll do nowhere as good of job as you guys

What would you want included? Golf, lunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday night
How many rounds of golf? One each Saturday and Sunday
Equipment included? In a perfect world yes, but depends on the main purpose of the weekend.
Food included? Yes See answer to No. 1
Lodging included? Yes, Stay and Play's are great, but not including it is an option at times to help attendees keep the cost down if they can
If so, Onsite or Offsite? Onsite
Company people there to play with and speak to? Yes, the chance to get first hand real world knowledge from the experts is always awesome, and to get to play a round and get to know them on a personal basis is cool as well.

Where would you host the event.? North Carolina, San Diego, or perhaps say Hyatt Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort...just as a random mention :)
And how much would the cost. $500?

Found a company?
Or work for a company and using this thread to promote the business (IE Spam).

While I am all for companies being a part of THP, lets try to keep the selling out of it.

- Round table discussion with the OEM
- Event swag
- Testing of OEM latest equipment
- Video coverage for the live update thread
- Team competetion
How many rounds of golf?
- 3 Rounds over two days
Equipment included?
- Yes but would keep it a surprise. Sometimes when you have events with full bags or some sort of equipment tie in, not all expectations of the OEM or participant are met (and i think thats as PC as i can make that statement). We are all equipment junkies in one way or another so who wouldnt want gear?
Food included?
- Not included, but would arrange some sort of group dinner for those who want to attend and would leave the costs up to the participant to cover. I think this would help with entry costs and keep myself off the hook trying to meed restaurant demands (i.e. head count, limited menu and some crazy cost per plate amount)
Lodging included?
- Yes
- Onsite. So many of my memories from events in the past have been because of lodging with the group in the event. Onsite would also bring more time flexibility with things like format for the rounds, meal times and after hour shenanigans.
- Yes. Just shows that the OEM is more interested in the concept of a THP event rather than just having their name on a thread that will get tens of thousands of clicks.
Where would you host the event?
- Chicago would probably be my first option. Airports, great golf courses, restaurants and a history of good THP events in the past. You can be flexible with the time of year you play there also.
-
$399

Everything I would say, is what is involved in an Ultimate Club Testing. Education, range, a couple of rounds with the equipment, dinner with the OEM rep involved if they're able to stay.

Location: somewhere warm, because no one wants to do anything where there's a chance of snow.

Cost: What were they around, 400 or so?

Always down for mission inn and THPers

OEM: Tour Edge Exotics - trying to go with an OEM that afaik hasn't been involved with THP events before (my apologies for any oversights)

What would you want included? One club, round of golf, dinner, tour of TEE facility
How many rounds of golf? One round with TEE members.
Equipment included? A top of the line TEE fairway, fitted for the attendee's
Food included? It's Chicago. Hell yes food is included!
Lodging included? No. Plenty of accommodations in the Chicago area.
If so, Onsite or Offsite? N/A
Company people there to play with and speak to? Yes, a look into the design and marketing of TEE clubs.

Where would you host the event? Tour Edge Golf in Batavia, IL. Golf at Prairie Landing.
And how much would the cost be? $450

This sort of sounds like the PersonalDistance event that Wilson Staff hosted, but it was a winning formula so figured it could be applied to the other golf company in the area. Also, the geek in me would like to visit FermiLab.

- Round table discussion with the OEM
- Event swag
- Testing of OEM latest equipment
- Video coverage for the live update thread
- Team competetion
How many rounds of golf?
- 3 Rounds over two days
Equipment included?
- Yes but would keep it a surprise. Sometimes when you have events with full bags or some sort of equipment tie in, not all expectations of the OEM or participant are met (and i think thats as PC as i can make that statement). We are all equipment junkies in one way or another so who wouldnt want gear?
Food included?
- Not included, but would arrange some sort of group dinner for those who want to attend and would leave the costs up to the participant to cover. I think this would help with entry costs and keep myself off the hook trying to meed restaurant demands (i.e. head count, limited menu and some crazy cost per plate amount)
Lodging included?
- Yes
- Onsite. So many of my memories from events in the past have been because of lodging with the group in the event. Onsite would also bring more time flexibility with things like format for the rounds, meal times and after hour shenanigans.
- Yes. Just shows that the OEM is more interested in the concept of a THP event rather than just having their name on a thread that will get tens of thousands of clicks.
Where would you host the event?
- Chicago would probably be my first option. Airports, great golf courses, restaurants and a history of good THP events in the past. You can be flexible with the time of year you play there also.
-
$399

I will say the food costs at events are astronomical.
Average between $50-$100 a person per meal depending on the event.
We have certainly done them for a lot less (think Invitationals, etc), but the grand events, it gets up there.

I will say the food costs at events are astronomical.
Average between $50-$100 a person per meal depending on the event.
We have certainly done them for a lot less (think Invitationals, etc), but the grand events, it gets up there.
Yep. And part of me says why even plan anything at all? If someone wants to go eat McDonalds all weekend more power to them. Im no one to tell anyone how or where to spend their money. But then again breaking bread with guys in the event is part of what makes the event great. Its a tough call to make, but thats why i gave my answer above. Give everyone the opportunity to dine together, leave the cost up to themselves and hopefully everyone shows up

Back