Wilson D200 hybrids

Made a quick run to the golf shop at lunch & was able to hit the D200 3 hybrid & 3 wood. Both had the stock Element Chrome in stiff. I'm glad I did because it helped me confirm one decision I had to make, but totally flipped my decision on another.

I didn't have much time to warm up, so I took a few turns with an Orange Whip & went right into the hitting bay with the hybrid. It only took 3 swings for me to decide that the shaft would work for me. Total 180* from my thoughts before I hit it.
My 3 shot averages:
Swing Speed - 88mph
Ball Speed - 123mph
Launch Angle - 17*
Azimuth - -1.5 (not sure what this means)
Side Spin - 95L rpm
Back Spin - 3710 rpm
Descent Angle - 43*
Carry - 186 yds
Total Distance - 202 yds
Offline - -8 yds (This was with me aiming down the middle)

This is all very close to the numbers I get from my 3 Fybrid HS.

The thing I confirmed was that I will be going all hybrids & no FW woods. I was all over the place with the 3 wood, but it wasn't the shaft or club's fault. I just can't hit them.

I think azimuth refers to your AoA, a negative number being a downward angle.

I think azimuth refers to your AoA, a negative number being a downward angle.
I thought it was either angle of attack or the direction the club head was coming in at the ball (in to out or out to in)

I thought it was either angle of attack or the direction the club head was coming in at the ball (in to out or out to in)

I didn't think about face angle but that seems reasonable too.

For you guys that have hit these with the elements shafts, I play S in all my clubs do you think R flex would be any good? I have never hit these or those shafts before so just after some thoughts.
I have found some on a local auction site brand new for $200 for a 3 and 4 hybrid, not sure what they are worth.

lopsta, I think you'd find that shaft very soft in R flex based on the limited amount of information I have on your swing/swing speed.

For whatever it's worth, the D200 hybrids are the best I've ever hit. I have the #3 and #4 in the bag, and couldn't be happier. There is really nothing exceptional about their appearance - no adjustments or weight plugs - but they have been very long and straight for me right out of the box. My big miss with the hybrid tended to be the snap hook. So far, that hasn't been the case at all. And for that matter, the 3-metal, which is equally plain, has also been the best fairway metal I've ever had. Couldn't be happier.

I have played Caledonia a few times and you are right about the lay ups. Also you used the word love in talking about the utility.If you have passion for it just go for it.Just get some range time with your new friend.

I actually changed my order before the deadline. Replaced the 4 iron with a hybrid and was still able to keep a utility iron in the bag.

lopsta, I think you'd find that shaft very soft in R flex based on the limited amount of information I have on your swing/swing speed.

Thanks Hawk. Ill give them a miss then.

For whatever it's worth, the D200 hybrids are the best I've ever hit. I have the #3 and #4 in the bag, and couldn't be happier. There is really nothing exceptional about their appearance - no adjustments or weight plugs - but they have been very long and straight for me right out of the box. My big miss with the hybrid tended to be the snap hook. So far, that hasn't been the case at all. And for that matter, the 3-metal, which is equally plain, has also been the best fairway metal I've ever had. Couldn't be happier.

I had these in hand today when I went to pick up my irons. I didn't hit them. But they felt very solid and the weight felt just right.

My Bio Cell is pretty solid right now. So I might actually hold off on these.

Now the 7 wood.....looked yummy. :)

SaA

For you guys that have hit these with the elements shafts, I play S in all my clubs do you think R flex would be any good? I have never hit these or those shafts before so just after some thoughts.
I have found some on a local auction site brand new for $200 for a 3 and 4 hybrid, not sure what they are worth.
I see that Hawk already answered your question, but I just wanted to add that I totally agree with his assessment.

I love my new D200 hybrid and here's why. It's long and straight and this 4 Hybo is damn near as long as my 5 wood.

321e4a07800d366f62a41051a57a00e6.jpg

I love my new D200 hybrid and here's why. It's long and straight and this 4 Hybo is damn near as long as my 5 wood.

Holy Cow that's a big hybrid. I'm torn between these and the D100

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

It took a while to get dialed in, but when I got used to the weight, they were money. I'm nowhere near ArmyGolf long, but I did rope my 2H 215-220 consistently.

The funny thing is that I never had a chance to hit my 3H at the Legacy. It was either 4H distance (185-190) or everything I had.

Holy Cow that's a big hybrid. I'm torn between these and the D100

I'm hoping to hit some d200 hybrids in Iowa this weekend, will let you know how I think they compare to my d100s.

I'm hoping to hit some d200 hybrids in Iowa this weekend, will let you know how I think they compare to my d100s.
I'll definitely be interested in hearing how that goes

226yd 4h is monstrous. #armybombs :bomb:

226 carry, NICE!!!

On the par 5 18th today I had 225 to the center of the green so I pulled the D200 4 Hybo.

I airmailed the green into the back trap. Wow.

On the par 5 18th today I had 225 to the center of the green so I pulled the D200 4 Hybo.

Glad to hear you're still mashing these, Curtis. Jury is still out on this one, for me. I'm going to continue to give it more time, but I only have a couple of good results, versus a good number of mediocre results. Hopefully, more time and swings will make the difference.

Glad to hear you're still mashing these, Curtis. Jury is still out on this one, for me. I'm going to continue to give it more time, but I only have a couple of good results, versus a good number of mediocre results. Hopefully, more time and swings will make the difference.
You think it might be a shaft/light weight head pairing issue?

I went with the stock Chrome Elements shaft because it was designed with this head in mind.

Damn. That's impressive. :bomb:

Damn. That's impressive. :bomb:
I don't know about that. Impressive would be hitting the green.

Honestly I would have expected that distance and flight from a 5 wood, not a 4 Hybo. Once I get dialed in this thing could really shorten up some par 5s for me.

You think it might be a shaft/light weight head pairing issue?

I went with the stock Chrome Elements shaft because it was designed with this head in mind.

It's possible. Maybe I'll see about finding a hybrid shaft I've had good success with recently. I do like the looks of the club - just want that same "I'm gonna hit this well." confidence I get with the D200 driver. Truth be told, I'm having similar issues with the fairway wood as well. Competitive rounds might see a temporary change in those slots, while I keep working with these during range sessions and casual rounds.

It's possible. Maybe I'll see about finding a hybrid shaft I've had good success with recently. I do like the looks of the club - just want that same "I'm gonna hit this well." confidence I get with the D200 driver. Truth be told, I'm having similar issues with the fairway wood as well. Competitive rounds might see a temporary change in those slots, while I keep working with these during range sessions and casual rounds.
Jeremy, I'm guessing its some type of mental hangup, because with your solid swing you should love these, in my opinion. I play mine with the RIP Phenom S shaft, that could make a difference. I have recently had i25 and g30 hybos, and much prefer these. They have been much more solid, consistent and easy to elevate for me, and will be in my bag for the foreseeable future.

Back