2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bench, incline, decline, and a few other chest exercises today. Gym was crazy packed, couldn't get on a treadmill.
Max out Monday!

Today was leg day since I skipped it on Friday. Gotta get back into the groove and not skip any more leg days (I've skipped 3 so far).

Today was leg day since I skipped it on Friday. Gotta get back into the groove and not skip any more leg days (I've skipped 3 so far).
Everyday is leg day!!!

Leg day is the easiest day to skip for sure. Especially if it's on Friday. I've been extra sure to make myself go lately as I've been guilty of skipping in the past.

Leg day is the easiest day to skip for sure. Especially if it's on Friday. I've been extra sure to make myself go lately as I've been guilty of skipping in the past.
Honest question, why not make Monday leg day?

Because "Max out Monday" sounds way cooler if you're benching haha.
Ha. Max outs are a treat. I heard a gym bro talking about maxing out his barbell curls once. I chuckled.

For my thp brothers skipping leg day...

[video=youtube_share;BS-oRydlnCE]http://youtu.be/BS-oRydlnCE[/video]

Hehehe

Honest question, why not make Monday leg day?
I'm doing this now. That way I can walk around on weekends. My 10-6 desk jockey profession doesn't require me to move away from my desk. ;)

I'm doing this now. That way I can walk around on weekends. My 10-6 desk jockey profession doesn't require me to move away from my desk. ;)
I'm squatting twice a week and snatching the other two. I'm in a steady state of lactic acid saturation.

For my thp brothers skipping leg day...

[video=youtube_share;BS-oRydlnCE]http://youtu.be/BS-oRydlnCE[/video]

Hehehe
My wife agrees.

Stretching is good!! Just finished my intervals. I am dripping in sweat. Seriously such a good workout

I have honestly never stretched before my workouts. For some reason I can't stand doing it.
Hopefully that doesn't bite me someday but so far so good.

It's nice to see this thread gaining steam. Keep it up ALL.

One more "leg day" note.

My significant other and I work out with a trainer about once a week as a couple. The trainer told us to stretch for about 20 min AFTER our leg workouts and it will help to reduce soreness the next day. Traditionally I was stretching before the workout.

I took that advice and it actually worked. Way less sore the next two days and I'm attributing it to the stretching.

Got down to about 158 or so last summer. Seems I have been pretty much stuck on 170 (plus or minus a couple pounds) all winter so far, or at least since Thanksgiving, when the big weight gain happened. It's like it doesn't matter what I eat, I stay right here.

Got down to about 158 or so last summer. Seems I have been pretty much stuck on 170 (plus or minus a couple pounds) all winter so far, or at least since Thanksgiving, when the big weight gain happened. It's like it doesn't matter what I eat, I stay right here.

That must be nice, hehe.

I know if I didn't work out I would shoot above 200 in probably a month or so. I usually hover around 190.

That must be nice, hehe.

I know if I didn't work out I would shoot above 200 in probably a month or so. I usually hover around 190.
That must be nice. Hehe.

I weight 234 tonight. With my lifting shoes on. If I didn't come to MASS, I could get to 250, in a heartbeat.

That must be nice, hehe.

It really pisses my wife off, haha.

My log for the night

3d95f7af2fcf5d1d2d6e211d9b9f76ff.jpg

I joined the gym today and signed up for 12 personal training sessions. They have a deal with a new membership where the sessions were over 50% off, so I took the most I could get at that price which was 12. My first session starts Wednesday.

They happen to be running a promotion right now too, where the member who loses the most body fat % over a certain time period (I didn't read the full details) wins $5K. While I am sure that won't be me, that's a good way to get some folks motivated.
Is that one of the Orange Theory places? I have heard it's fun.

I have honestly never stretched before my workouts. For some reason I can't stand doing it.
Hopefully that doesn't bite me someday but so far so good.

It's nice to see this thread gaining steam. Keep it up ALL.
Same for me. I usually do 5 minutes of slow walking and then go through the movements of the lifts I'll be doing.

I have two knee replacements and my doc has told me to stay away from squats. Anyone have any alternatives I might try. I have same issue with running. I walk and like it but get bored. Nothing beats running. I lift almost everyday but mainly upper body. Feel I need more cardio.

I have two knee replacements and my doc has told me to stay away from squats. Anyone have any alternatives I might try. I have same issue with running. I walk and like it but get bored. Nothing beats running. I lift almost everyday but mainly upper body. Feel I need more cardio.
How old are you?

Squats are actually very low impact on the knees if done right.

Otherwise, 45* leg press is acceptable for more age advanced individuals.

For Cardio use an elliptical, you can go forward and backwards on it, easy on the knees and a good cardio workout.

Deadlift? IMHO, the best way to rehab knees is to strengthen the muscles around them.

Shoulders day is my favoritest day of all the days I lift things.

Strength Complex:
1-1-1-1-1 strict press
3-3-3-3-3 push-press (leg drive, but no dip)
5-5-5-5-5 squat jerk (leg drive & dip to catch the weight overhead)

Add weight after each set. No more than 60 seconds rest. Started at 65#, last set at 155# Added 5-10 each set. Brutal. love it.

From there, some Arnold presses, front raises, and a lateral raise & rear delt flye superset. No, I don't do shrugs up upright rows. Presses do just as much for my trap development. Finally back to taking creatine. Need to get back to doing more cardio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back