Pictures of your back swing

Where I think it stops...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422891113.983281.jpg

Where it REALLY stops...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422891203.268288.jpg

Yep, that's me in a nutshell. My instructor used to say your 3/4 swing is a full swing and your full swing is way too long.
I need a good drill to keep me from taking the club back to far.

My over swing is so bad that I can catch my driver head out of the corner of my eye every now & then.

One simple thing that helps me is getting a mirror and simply make a swing back and stop when my shoulder is under my chin. At least for me, I was amazed at how much more I continued past this point. Many times it can be as simple as swinging to this point and then starting the downswing from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It shocks me, but I don't know that I have an "at the top" picture from the last six months or so.

Loving all the photos in here though. It's really fun to isolate and review.

Hands high!

3489bb123102383110ce768538a080ea.jpg

7d334b127f2c1557b14cba0d8ff69f26.jpg

Hands high!

3489bb123102383110ce768538a080ea.jpg

Wow - I only knew one other guy in Arizona that was here in his backswing. He used to play college baseball and could really knock the Bejeezus out of the ball! What really amazed me was the soft wedges he could hit as well.

This was from today. Swing felt pretty good but does not look good in photos which is frustrating. Felt my swing is better than this but guess not.

i don't see much wrong with this at all. in fact, of everyone i've seen, i'd put your position in the top 3. maybe a little more shoulder turn, but that looks like a controlled, on-plane position to me.

My way too long backswing

8e91ce4c5359ec3d7e630b9b9512ee87.jpg

Working towards shortening it

afe9447269b77518692f9d350d71695c.jpg

Where I'd like to get consistently at the top

d97a4ba7ac3647040d50386a6d3f6815.jpg

Last edited:
This was me towards the end of last year, more work to be done this spring:

Picture is courtesy of six4three5

64ea3bbd40975fe04ebd137bb61d7834.jpg

2462c4dec58157ee3a20b1c9a36cd30e.jpg

This was me at Bridgestone U

2a989a3897d9fcf0e0a246bfec63eb27.jpg

A little long and crowded at the top and too active of a left leg. Thanks to Freddie, I'm working on that.

Currently working on the left wrist. Working on the opposite of what it is in this photo. I want it flat for fades and bowed for draws.

b8ff5030571a258e62de71bb6d48e93b.jpg

You and I share that "baseball elbow." :angry:

You and I share that "baseball elbow." :angry:
Oh yeah..something I am working on getting rid of, but 35 years of swinging a baseball/softball bat doesn't leave quickly.

Hey Jimmy, Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see us?

Your swing looks better and better, fantastic!

Currently working on the left wrist. Working on the opposite of what it is in this photo. I want it flat for fades and bowed for draws.

must. suppress. middle school jokes. about what's in. your right pocket...

Hey Jimmy, Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see us?

Your swing looks better and better, fantastic!

must. suppress. middle school jokes. about what's in. your right pocket...
Don't flatter yourselves I'm not exicted to see you! Hahaha nah actually it's just my vape! But it does look damn funny lol

This is fundamentally sound, it's not even funny. These lines and the position of the club at the top are picture perfect. The amount of stored power you have in this pic is crazy. I know you are working hard on your swing and it will show this summer when we have a little rematch. This pic makes me want to dial in my game a bit. Keep up the good work Jimmy

Nothing wrong with the position you are in a the top of your swing. It is good position to swing into the bottom of your swing. The issue is that I know this position comes with a few moving parts that need to work well together or we will have issues.

The issue with standing tall in the back is that you didn't start in this position. Mean, you were hunched over at the waist and the club head was resting on the ground. If you were to place the club back in front of you, it would be off the ground by a few inches. You will have to try to find that address position on the down swing and that almost never happens. I said almost, because some can get back to the proper position after standing tall. But for arguments sake, lets say you don't fall into the short list. In order to make contact with the ball and realize the true loft of the club. You will have to lower you shoulders (bad), piston your legs (more flex on the down swing (changes swing plane), throw the club head at the ball (fat city) or bend at the waist, pull the arms in close and flip the hands. The bottom line, there will be a good bit of movement in directions that will fight against the natural path of the club.

Try to maintain you bodies address position and allow the arms and shoulders to make the club do what it do.

Where I think it stops...
View attachment 18527

Where it REALLY stops...
View attachment 18528

This is fundamentally sound, it's not even funny. These lines and the position of the club at the top are picture perfect. The amount of stored power you have in this pic is crazy. I know you are working hard on your swing and it will show this summer when we have a little rematch. This pic makes me want to dial in my game a bit. Keep up the good work Jimmy

You're not kidding, I'm gonna use it as a model for my practice!

You already know your issue. That left arm needs to tuck itself in and point down toward the ground. Place a glove under you armpit and keep that glove in place throughout the entire swing. It will suck in the elbow and make you rotate your upper body through the shot.

Back