I just have the wedges that came with my set but I've been pondering some new wedges for next year. This probably speaks more to my lack of experience and knowledge but just reading the replies in this thread:

k grind, w grind, v sole, 2 dots, m grind, shelf grind, l grind, pm grind, f grind, s grind, t grind

It's not hard to look up what each of these are and what they do, but when you first start looking at it, it can be a little overwhelming.

V-grind - specifically, Edel Driver grind for me with 18 degrees of bounce on my 55 degree
Channel shaped grind - Edel Digger grind with 27 degrees of bounce on my 60 degree.
Been playing these for almost 3 years, and nothing has been able to kick 'em out.

Pm grind in my 60* and really liking thes grind on my sm6. Think it's kicked out the tour grind.

I am really liking the v sole of the RTX3, but I played pretty well with the regular 2 dot sole of the 588 Forged and RTX2 CBs as well. I haven't played in firmer conditions, yet, with the RTX3, but expect they will really excel in those conditions.

I like the atv grind from taylormade

M grind for me. But that is because I play most of my golf in an arid climate, so the ground is usually somewhere between firm and concrete. Plus I have a variety of techniques I use with my wedges and the M grind is quite versitile.

But that's the point! Our grinds shouldn't all be the same. Our swing, playing conditions and short game techniques all influence the grind best for us.

DSG/Tour grind with low bounce

I've been fortunate to enjoy the Edel Trapper Grind in wedges for 3.5 years. I like a rolled leading edge with the high bounce (14 in 56, 18 in 60) in the middle and in front - lots of trailing edge relief cuts the bounce (and sole width), and heel and toe relief make this grind fit for a moderate angle of attack and a leading edge that is low to the ground - the bounce helps dig the club out when not bruising the grass, and the relief allows for versatility off tight lies. If you are not a strong bunker player, this grind can lead to confidence issues as you need to come in shallow so you do not dig, which is why ...

I also like the Miura K grind in a 56 - it has more traditional bounce and not much grinding except for the knuckles ground into the sole, allowing the club to glide more, especially in the sand. I am not a confident bunker player on the course with the Edel - until then, the Miura replaces the Edel in a 55 loft.

Last edited:
Back