National Mulligan Day

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It's today so give us the one shot you would like to have back.

Golf or life? lol!

Oh I can think of a fried egg from Easter Sunday this year

The muffed chip on 17 at the Kickoff Classic earlier this year.

I duffed a pitch shot into a bunker during the final round of my invitational that led to a double bogey. We ended up getting 3rd place by a shot instead of 2nd which would have won a trophy. Ugh. Still upsets me and I want that shot back badly!

The missed eagle putt on my pb round where I stuck the green in 2 on a 530 yard par 5.. That would have put me under 80....

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

It's today so give us the one shot you would like to have back.

Lately there's been one shot every round that steals two strokes from the card, and subsequently, a round under my handicap.

I want those stupid swings back.

Tee shot on my 16th hole, a mid length par 3. I needed pars on the last 3 holes to break 80 for the first time (the last 2 holes are easy). The only bad miss was the water left. I hit it in the water left.

There are just too many to pick just one!!

Two:

-The atrocious iron shot I hit on #8 Marsh at #StaffProto. If I had hit even an ok shot, I probably would have won the hole and the match. But nope, snap hook :banghead:

-Was just short of 17 green at the River at VT and was 5 over par for the day with a good chance to shoot in the 70's. Just needed a half decent chip. Nope, bladed it over the green into a trap and ending tripling the hole and doubling the next to shoot 84 :banghead:

I want the chip I shanked into the bunker on #6 at regional rivalry back.

Get that close and maybe that match gets turned around.

My tee shot on #10 on Saturday at the #THPAmbition. Losing that one left set the tone for the rest of the alternate shot (and our clobbering).

My tee shot on #8 at Boulder Creek in Match #1 of Regional Rivalry. My partner was doing something in the cart and for some reason I decided to eff up the rotation and go first. We were down 1 with 2 to play and at no point did I consider that match could be over on that hole... a huge mental error. Worst shot I hit that day and I feel it ended up costing us the match, I'd like to have that one back.

The putt on hole #18 at #THPAmbition that would have secured 2 points for Team Puma. (I still blame it on having to hit Gunner's off colored yellow Wilson Duo)!

Probably last year when my wife and I were on a date night, playing from the golds and were joined by one of our members. I pulled my drive into the crap on #5 and instead of taking an unplayable, I hit a couple shots that went a few feet and took a triple bogey 8 on the hole. Three over on that one hole. One over on the other 17 (four birdies, five bogeys and eight pars). I'd take a mulligan on that tee shot.

Yeah it was last year. But it is the one that always stands out.

Any of the several times I totally hosed an easy pitch this year, after a great drive.

#18 at Deer Creek GC on Friday. Dead pull over the berm on the left and into the highway corridor. During morning traffic. That was an awful feeling for several seconds waiting for screeching tires and smashing metal and glass :excruciating:

My approach into the 18th green during singles matches this year. I nuked an 8 iron and flew the green. I cost my team the full point.

I took a mulligan on the first tee at Frisco Lakes yesterday. The second shot was not as good as the first. I didn't need another freebie all day I'm proud to say.

I read about the origin of the mulligan today. There are 2 versions and both would be good trivia questions!

https://www.facebook.com/PGAcom/posts/10153963897742322

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that it would have matter in the scheme of things but I wouldn't mind having that bladed chip that ran across the green into the water on 16 Caledonia in the 2014 Morgan Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I needed a mulligan, yesterday... And would have asked my playing partners if I could use theirs as well.

14th Hole of my BC Match Play Finals match. I was 1 DN after my opponent stuck a 4 iron from 215 to 5 feet on the 13th and I needed a bounce back. My opponent hit his tee shot way right into a cluster of trees with white stakes very close by and was hitting a provisional. After watching his shot I decided to club down from driver to guarantee a fairway and a shot at par.

I let the moment get to me and I hit my ball straight into the woods on the left. I lost the hole and wasn't able to recover the match. Ach it's frustrating to even think about!

Back