2015 PGA Championship Thread & Contest

I have no idea, but I don't like to watch golf in person so I would never pay that. You can't see anything, even with our inside the ropes press passes, you can't see anything. I much prefer to watch from the air conditioned comfort of my home.

I have been to a few live golf events and it was fun but it was freaking brutally hot and there is nowhere to hide. Just wasnt sure if that price is a usual type of price because I know I would have never paid that much back in the day when I went last time the held it at Baltusrol. I thought I read it wrong when I saw the prices.

I have no idea, but I don't like to watch golf in person so I would never pay that. You can't see anything, even with our inside the ropes press passes, you can't see anything. I much prefer to watch from the air conditioned comfort of my home.

My thoughts exactly, particularly on the weekend. It can be fun to follow groups around on Thurs/Friday because the crowds are more spread out and you are just watching guys play and get in position, but Saturday and Sunday are impossible to follow since there are fewer guys out, and good luck following the tournament lead story lines when you can only see one group at a time.

<voices in my head>
I wonder how many other people picked Day and Spieth.
</voices>
#anticipation

My thoughts exactly, particularly on the weekend. It can be fun to follow groups around on Thurs/Friday because the crowds are more spread out and you are just watching guys play and get in position, but Saturday and Sunday are impossible to follow since there are fewer guys out, and good luck following the tournament lead story lines when you can only see one group at a time.

Exactly! I like practice rounds because you can actually speak with the players. Everything is so much more relaxed. But during regular tournament play, you can't, move it's hot and you have to be on high alert that you aren't about to walk or talk during a shot. It's just not fun for me.

Just got an email that I can purchase tickets for PGA next year (I registered weeks ago since its like 20 minutes from my house) but geeze $115 + tax per ticket to Sunday? Is that the norm? I went last time it was there and it was like $75 per person at most.

Dude for the Sunday round I think that is worth it. Watching a winner on a Sunday. That would be awesome IMO

Dude for the Sunday round I think that is worth it. Watching a winner on a Sunday. That would be awesome IMO

Guess I was really just curious if that is the usual price or if I am getting "Jerseyed"

That was the way I like to see the leaders go at it - no won loses it, just someone wins it.

The buttheads who were yelling at Day to choke should be forced to watch reruns of Punky Brewster or something for 24 hrs - what jerks.

<voices in my head>
</voices>
#anticipation

All of them.

Guess I was really just curious if that is the usual price or if I am getting "Jerseyed"

If its something "plus tax", you're getting Jerseyed.

FWIW, here are the prices from this week at Whistling Straits (link: http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/...pionship-ticketing-frequently-asked-questions)

Q: How much does each ticket cost?
A: Monday Grounds Ticket - $30
Tuesday Grounds Ticket - $30
Wednesday Grounds Ticket - $40
Thursday Grounds Ticket - $90
Friday Grounds Ticket - $95
Saturday Grounds Ticket - $95
Sunday Grounds Ticket - $95
Season Grounds Ticket - $295 (SOLD OUT)
Wanamaker Club Ticket - $475 (SOLD OUT)
The Ultimate Foursome Package – $1,900 (SOLD OUT)

Buy them on Craigslist, cash and usually cheaper than Face Value near the event date.

Tickets could be had for as little as 30 bucks a couple days ago from a few people I know. Id pass on the "advanced purchase" and find a better price as people always change their mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<voices in my head>
</voices>
#anticipation
Somewhere around 200. ...including me.

I have been to a few live golf events and it was fun but it was freaking brutally hot and there is nowhere to hide. Just wasnt sure if that price is a usual type of price because I know I would have never paid that much back in the day when I went last time the held it at Baltusrol. I thought I read it wrong when I saw the prices.
You can volunteer

You can volunteer

Yeah I know. Only issue is last time I looked into it, you have to pay and give a full week of work which isnt something I really want to do. I will look for this particular one though and see.

I realize the thread is about done, but can someone 'splain to me how Daly gets in the field for this tournament. Does he still get an exemption due to his wins in the '90s?

I realize the thread is about done, but can someone 'splain to me how Daly gets in the field for this tournament. Does he still get an exemption due to his wins in the '90s?

Not sure how he got in, but....
if Daly keeps me entertained by throwing clubs and other oddball stuff, I wouldn't mind if he was in every year. Love watching that clip.

Jeez- I was out of town this weekend and didn't see much of the tourney, just watched the club throw on youtube.

HAHAHAHA WOW. "I won it in a putting contest" may be the best on the spot response I've ever heard of.

Yeah I know. Only issue is last time I looked into it, you have to pay and give a full week of work which isnt something I really want to do. I will look for this particular one though and see.
I volunteered for the PGA when it was at Rochester. They only required that I worked 3 four hour shifts, which I thought was pretty reasonable. I think it was $160 and received the uniform, a week long pass, food vouchers. They even gave everyone free tickets to the practice rounds which was nice as it allowed me to bring my Dad along for a day.

I worked a late morning shift and then walked out to watch Dufner win it.

So the shifts are reasonable and you could get away with not taking a whole week off.

The dumbest commercial jingle of all time. Ever.

Back