330 RX & 105+ swing speed?

Alan4014

Reaction score
Handicap
So I've been getting it out there further lately so on a trip to the golf shop today to get some clubs regripped, I decided to take a few swings with my driver first to see what my #s looked like. Turns out my driver ss is a consistent 105-106 with a high of 108.
So even though I'm pretty sure the answer is to just go with it, especially with cold weather coming, my question is what happens with a 105+ ss with a RX ball? Too much compression and a slight loss of distance possibly? Will it make it spin more or less? Will it change launch angle any?
Of course I just bought 3 boxes of RX balls.

Too much compression does not necessarily mean less distance. It can mean loss ball speed, but it will also mean less spin.

At right on the mark, without doing a full ball fitting, I don't think RX will hurt your ball speed all they much.

I went through a ball fitting on a launch monitor with Bridgestone; and despite a swing speed of 108, they recommended the B330RX with the thought that I would launch it just a bit higher. I flip flop between the B330RX and the regular B330 and to me, the regular B330 has a higher pitch at impact (both with driver and with putter), but I can see no determinable differences in playability.

I swing at 104 and I find this ball tends to spin too much and I get so what of a ballon like trajectory

Back