Ahina 70S vs. TFC Stiff in Anser

caligolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello! First timer here. I stumbled on THP when looking for opinions on the Ping Anser and the shaft options. OK, OK, I realize the Anser is 4-5 years old and is a Dinosaur in golf years but I hit one for the first time a few weeks back and am in awe. I think I have read every post on THP about the Anser and the shafts and the great reviews by mikedean441 and GrantD and all comments on the thread but would love some more comments. I've been a Titleist guy for many years due to feel and performance but I'm getting 5-15 more yards with the Anser, seemingly more forgiveness and I love the feel. My buddy has the Ahina 70 in his Anser 10.5 and I have been flushing it; good height, mostly straight, my misses tend to be more left than right but more pulls than hooks and the rights are small fades vs slices. My SS is 90-95 and I have been playing the Titleist 915, 10.5*, 60 Diamana Reg and doing OK with it. Not great but OK. I apologize if this is repetitive, BUT: due to my on course results I am confident in the Ahina but am curious about the TFC. Will I gain any more distance due to the lighter weight? And if I gain anything in distance is it cancelled out with a potentially higher ball flight and less roll? Does it change the feel of the Anser head at all? The Ahina feels maybe a touch heavy but I'll take the results any day. Should I just get the TFC and swap it out if I don't like it? I just don't want to leave anything on the table but I can't test the TFC. Any comments are appreciated! Thanks THP'ers!

The Ahina is superior to the TFC in the Anser IMO. I gamed it for several years.

I recently switched the the G series and it is night and day as far as forgiveness goes. The Anser and I had an on and off relationship, having good 6 month stretches followed by several bad for no good reason at all. The G series only gets pissed at me when I drink too much, so I kept her.

Back