heftylefty

Reaction score
Handicap
i'm left handed and i have been having problems with my right wrist. yesterday i was having twinges of pain. then bam one swing it just became too painful to play..the pain is along my wrist joint on my pinkie side, its very severe pain..a little swelling no bruising. my thumb is ok, and my wrist on my thumb side is ok..any advise or positive words would be much appreciated..thanks

Had this happen last year, went and got an x-ray which came back negative, but said it might be a false negative due to all of the inflammation.

Only way to really find out what it was was to have an MRI done which wasnt going to happen.

Eventually over time it healed, took a few months, my chiropracter said it was more than likely some kind of nerve damage

Don't mess around with an injury - get it looked at and the issue resolved. far to many people "take it easy" a few weeks and then deem it fixed, only for the problem to become persistent and chronic. Best of luck on a full and speedy recovery.

Ulnar nerve issue. Could be a fracture of one of the bones on the pinky side of your wrist. Not anything to gloss over - see a doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skip the massage and the acupuncture. Go straight to a professional. My buddy had a nagging wrist problem and took the long route. Turned out to be carpal tunnel syndrome.

Having broken a wrist and dealt with the up and down of recovery, all I'll say is don't push it. It's better to miss an extra month of playing to rest and heal (or whatever) accordingly, than to push it and play through pain, surgery, and subsequent healing over the course of two years IMO.

Many years ago I broke my hook of hamate bone and the pain presented itself in the wrist. If I recall, it was mainly toward the pinky side, but I am going back almost 20 years. It was a devil to diagnose by anybody but my orthopedic guy who is one that concentrates on sports injuries. He wasn't in the room 15 seconds before he told me what I had done. As others have said, see a professional.

See a doctor, avoid a chiropractor IMO. Just my experience.

went to the doc in a box yesterday..xray came back negative..i see my ortho next monday, he has worked on my knee before..i think golf is over for the year for me, there is no way i could play this weekend..makes me so mad !!

I hope the ortho can fix me up, maybe a cortisone shot.

Quit yer cryin', rub some dirt on it and go play 36 ! :bulgy-eyes:

But seriously, glad you saw a professional. I fussed with a shoulder issue for 3 years before finally getting it fixed. Best golf move I ever made.

went to the doc in a box yesterday..xray came back negative..i see my ortho next monday, he has worked on my knee before..i think golf is over for the year for me, there is no way i could play this weekend..makes me so mad !!

Were are you at with your injury??

I wasn't in a cast after the surgery. Just a wrap for a week and stitches left in for a second week. It's been almost 3 months since my surgery and I've been fully released. I can play golf with no issues at all.

i'm left handed and i have been having problems with my right wrist. yesterday i was having twinges of pain. then bam one swing it just became too painful to play..the pain is along my wrist joint on my pinkie side, its very severe pain..a little swelling no bruising. my thumb is ok, and my wrist on my thumb side is ok..any advise or positive words would be much appreciated..thanks

I tweaked my wrist left wrist pretty bad two days ago, and luckily it was on the last hole. It was a very unpleasant reminder that I needed to get the grip back into my fingers more..... and keep it there. I get get lazy about my gripping at times and I will unconsciously let the grip creep closer into my left palm. The usual result is just a blocked shot, but this time I came into the ball pretty steep on hard pan. The immediate pain was so bad that I couldn't even hold a club.

It hurt pretty bad all day yesterday, but it's feeling close to normal now.

I was lucky that I didn't do any lasting damage.

Get well friend!

Back