Fairway wood recommendation?

BamaBowtie

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been browsing this place for a few weeks and I love it. Decided to join today as I am search of some new fairway woods. Right now I have a 14* Adams Tight Lies and just cannot hit it well. I crush it when I hit it flush, 250-270 off the deck, but 5/10 I hit it low or hook it.

From searching and browsing most seem to love the original RBZ and the Cobra Bio Cell. Are there any others that I need to seek out in my search of an easy to hit and forgiving fairway wood?

I have the X2hot 3 Deep and I haven't had a lot practice with it as I just got it about a month ago and haven't been able to play a lot. It is a great club and one that can be had for a good price.

Good luck with your search.

I just got the XHot 2 and this thing will bomb them. It is longer than my 3 wood I had before. I also love how it is draw bias.

Callaway Fairways are my personal favorite because of how easy they are to hit off the deck, which sounds like your problem.

Callaway Fairways are my personal favorite because of how easy they are to hit off the deck, which sounds like your problem.

I agree. I haven't found a Callaway 3w that I couldn't hit off of the deck. I still play an XHot Pro 3w from 2 years ago because its so easy for me to hit. I haven't found a worthy replacement yet and I get to test quite a bit of equipment( not as much as some of the other guys on here though).

I'm in the minority on this one but for me Nike makes the best fairway woods IMO.

I agree. The thin faced woods from the X Hot, X2 Hot and the XR are the ones I know the best. They are super thin so they are great off of a tight lie. Some of the older Callaway woods are a little deeper faced, and if you struggle off a tight lie, avoid the 3 Deep versions.

I love my XR and recommend it as often as I can.

XR or XR Pro depending on your ball flight. I can't recommend mine enough!

X2 hot 4 wood for sure.

The Callaway XR 4w has changed my game. I've always struggled with hitting 3 woods consistently. From reviews on THP, I tried the XR 4w. I hit it more consistently, and actually further than any 3w that I've ever owned. Give it try and I think you'll like it.

2014 Big Bertha is a monster for me. Easy to hit off deck too

Thanks for the recommendations so far, wasn't even considering Callaway somI might have to go check them out now.

For larger heads, I have R11s. For smaller heads, ping i25. I like the smaller heads better.

Cleveland 588. Can be had for a song right now too. The most forgiving FW still on the market IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to add my support for the RBZ Stage 2 FW. My 3W (17 degrees) has helped me a lot in eliminating that low left screamer. Good luck in your search.

Surprising to hear that about your Tight Lies OP, because I've found that mine is even more forgiving for my swing than the G30 I had. And that club was definitely easy to hit.

I'll also echo the X2Hot/XR recommendations, my X2Hot 5w is money. I'd grab an X2Hot 3w in a minute if I got the itch... which I probably will!

Surprising to hear that about your Tight Lies OP, because I've found that mine is even more forgiving for my swing than the G30 I had. And that club was definitely easy to hit.

I'll also echo the X2Hot/XR recommendations, my X2Hot 5w is money. I'd grab an X2Hot 3w in a minute if I got the itch... which I probably will!

Agreed here. Adams is usually pretty forgiving. Loft issue maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have issues off the deck and want a club that does well, even out of the rough, I found the V Series works great. But regular Joes would want a slightly heavier shaft instead of the 52g stock shaft. The head launches well and spins a bit. The GBB, just out, is sort of a replacement for it. The GBB combines the former BB and V Series design into one club. And forgiving all over the face. My next demo would be the XR Series - great head design, thin forgiving face. Callaway used face cup tech, which offers a thin forgiving face all over the face as there are no welds or brazing on the face.

Agree with the responses regarding several of the Callaway models from the last couple of years. My favorites, right now, though, are the Ping G30s. Really solid all-around option. Also check out the Wilson Staff D200. With the right shaft for your swing, this can be a bomber. Off the deck? Have to admit, the easiest elevating I have tried, in current models, is the Cobra Fly-Z+. That thing was getting up in the air quick.

I've owned the X Hot, X2Hot, and XR 4 woods in the past couple of years, and each one has been better than the last...Or I've gotten better at hitting them off the deck.

Either way, Callaway fairway woods have been great for me.

Callaway XR 4 wood is big time for me. I am not very good but I hit that thing really well. That is my only fairway wood in my bag and I cant say enough about it.

Xr 4w as many others suggested. Absolute bomber and easy to elevate off the deck. Ping g30 was great as well. Easy to hit and consistent, just a bit shorter than xr 4w for me

I love the Cleveland 588 FW's. They are awesome and very cheap as well.

ive been looking for a 3 wood to hit as well. I'm a dummy and sold my RBZ and went to a Callaway x hot 3 deep but can't hit that for nothing. I got the mizuno 825 irons that I love, anyone hit the mizuno 3 wood?

Back