I've seen this in person and on Shark Tank. I haven't used it. Not sure if I'm sold on the idea or not. I guess if it gets the kids to give up the candy then great.

I didn't know this was an actual thing, looks like the Elf on the Shelf? Bottom line for us is this was a success. They have been loving their new toys and have not once asked for candy.

I didn't know this was an actual thing, looks like the Elf on the Shelf? Bottom line for us is this was a success. They have been loving their new toys and have not once asked for candy.

Yep exactly. Surprisingly, our son hasn't asked for candy at all. I think he may have already forgotten about it. LOL Glad it was a success for you guys. Hopefully they look forward to her return next year.

Parenting Thread

I've been reading the Harry Potter books to my kids (9 and 7) over the last couple years. We're five books in. The experience has been one of the highlights of my life. I got this to commemorate the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447118751.666478.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447118751.666478.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 0
This is the last year of my son believing in Santa. Kinda makes me a little sad. Anyways, the season begins...the kids had their first Christmas pageant practice last weekend and we bought tickets to a couple of nice Christmas shows.
We're doing the Polar Express this year. Nick's really young yet, but he likes trains and can be fairly observant when something strikes his fancy. I have a feeling he'll enjoy this train ride. Now to find the appropriate gift for him.

We have our first ear infection.

11 months, and 7 days in. Boo.

Sorry to hear that man. Hoping she gets well fast.

Parenting Thread

Hang in there. We went through a couple before we went the ear tube route.

Be glad it took that long. Our youngest got his first ear infection at 6 months old. We were one ear infection away from getting tubes put in. We found that the prescription helped tremendously though, so your little one should perk up with some medication. Good luck!

Yup. Sucks. But on the brightside, you made it a good while before the first one.

Hang in there buddy, those suck, but kids are super resilient, I hope she rests, lots of love and snuggles always seem to help!

First injury with my son! Evidently our daughter picked him up to move him off of a toy at daycare and dropped him on his face. He got a nice gash on his eyebrow and a nice looking goose egg. A trip to the doctor, some glue to keep it shut and he is good to go. Great timing as we have family pictures with the in-laws on Saturday.

My kindergartener is apparently reading at a mid-year 1st grader! His teacher says she has to step down on the books she's giving him so he doesn't get too far ahead. Success!

Dude if there's anyone who can relate to this, it's the Mrs and I. Hopefully it passes soon! Our boys both have tubes because they had ear infections every other month or so. I feel for you, Doc and little Charlotte

My kindergartener is apparently reading at a mid-year 1st grader! His teacher says she has to step down on the books she's giving him so he doesn't get too far ahead. Success!

He's a popular genius

Sorry to hear that. I remember those days well as my oldest had a dozen ear infections before getting tubes at 19 months. He's now 18 and it's hard to remember him as a helpless infant now he's 6'1" and just went out the front door on an 8 mile run with a couple buddies. Take lots of pictures, they grow up fast!

Sorry to hear that. I remember those days well as my oldest had a dozen ear infections before getting tubes at 19 months. He's now 18 and it's hard to remember him as a helpless infant now he's 6'1" and just went out the front door on an 8 mile run with a couple buddies. Take lots of pictures, they grow up fast!
My daughter got tubes put in on day 364. Ear infections suck.

Yes they do - hopefully the tubes will take care of her recurring ear infections. My son also had a lot of colds/sinus infections as he got older and the same doctor that did his tubes removed his tonsils at age 15. That along with his 2 broken bones, his 2 concussions, and my daughter's emergency appendectomy while we were out of town for a soccer tournament keeps parenting interesting!!

Heard this from my 7-year-old last night: "Dad, you know how sometimes people forget what they're doing, and then they'll ask you, 'What was I just doing?' The next time somebody says that to you, I think you should say, 'You were going to get me a corn dog,' and who knows? Maybe they'll get you a corn dog!"

Brilliant.

Our third got tube at 8 months. By then he had gone through 6 ear infections. He was an absolutely miserable baby, right until he got his tubes. From the next day forward, and to this day nearly 4 years later, he's been the happiest little boy you can imagine. Those tubes were miracle workers for us.

Amoxycillin is amazing. Little Lotte is back to her hilarious, yet still snotty, self.

This kid amazes me more every day. She now has "no, no, no" down, complete with finger wag. Sassy like her momma.

Dude double ear infection for my little guy last night.

Amoxycillin is amazing. Little Lotte is back to her hilarious, yet still snotty, self.

This kid amazes me more every day. She now has "no, no, no" down, complete with finger wag. Sassy like her momma.
that stuff works wonders

Great news!

Back