Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
A year or so ago, I went out to buy a larger TV but didn't for some reason or another.

Today I may do so...
Last night watching TV, the sound spiked while turning on the TV for a second or two.
This is the first time this has happened, might be an over reaction...
Did the same thing with a Sony trinitron tube TV I had for 20 years. Finally shutdown one day and I was like, new flat-screen here I come! Then I unplugged it and then plugged it in one more time to show my wife it was truly dead (I had done this earlier), wouldn't you know it, the TV fired right up and lived for another two years. Loved that TV (one of the first TVs I bought when I moved out from my parents house, survived 5 moves, outlasted a 65" RP Mitsubishi that cost more than my first car), only to be dropped by professional movers the 6th move (in their defense, the movers had gripped it by the bottom bezel and that is what disintegrated causing the tube to fall out and hit the concrete). Enjoying my 70" samsung 3d TV now ?

Post via Taptalk

Do you utilize the 3D much? I'm trying to decide if its worth the extra $900
I've used only two times. Not worth it for us. I thought we would use it more. Programming isn't too bad an issue as Verizon carried movies in 3D. Haven't checked on comcast though.

Post via Taptalk

Do you utilize the 3D much? I'm trying to decide if its worth the extra $900

I picked up the 3D version of my TV for the extra specs and not necessarily the 3D. Although the 3D has come a long way...still think it's more of a pain with the glasses (battery life in said glasses too). If more than 2 glasses are needed it's going to run an extra $50 to get them off the bay (some sets come with 4 though).

$900 is too big a jump imo just for 3D. I do imagine your getting some better specs with that though...that would be more important to me. Off the cuff I would say no. Feel free to PM me the two models and I will give you feedback if you want.

A year or so ago, I went out to buy a larger TV but didn't for some reason or another.

Today I may do so...
Last night watching TV, the sound spiked while turning on the TV for a second or two.
This is the first time this has happened, might be an over reaction...
Any excuse will do, hehe.

We need a new dishwasher. Any suggestions? Looking for a quiet one with low water usage if possible and a run cycle that's close to an hour.

On the fun side of things, I'm zeroing in on a 65" tv and liking what I see and read about the Vizio M series. I was looking at the E series, but the M has a better video processor and a few more bells & whistles.

We need a new dishwasher. Any suggestions? Looking for a quiet one with low water usage if possible and a run cycle that's close to an hour.

On the fun side of things, I'm zeroing in on a 65" tv and liking what I see and read about the Vizio M series. I was looking at the E series, but the M has a better video processor and a few more bells & whistles.
If there is a Sears near you, check out the Kenmore series. Spent about $400, multiple cleaning options, 1 hour clean feature, nsf certified sanitation option, and the best part, 45db sound operation so we can run it and still be able to to watch TV in the family room right next to our kitchen. Bosch is another one I would recommend.

Post via Taptalk

If there is a Sears near you, check out the Kenmore series. Spent about $400, multiple cleaning options, 1 hour clean feature, nsf certified sanitation option, and the best part, 45db sound operation so we can run it and still be able to to watch TV in the family room right next to our kitchen. Bosch is another one I would recommend.

Post via Taptalk

Yup, going there tonight. THey've got a big sale going on too

Electronics Pondering

Yup, going there tonight. THey've got a big sale going on too

I've had good luck with Bosch, I wouldn't do LG

I've had good luck with Bosch, I wouldn't do LG

And I am the exact opposite.
I wont buy a dishwasher that does not dry the dishes with heat.
Have had both brands and our new LG is fantastic.

Which LG dishwasher did you get? I've been looking, and from most of the reviews I've read, they are top notch.

Which LG dishwasher did you get? I've been looking, and from most of the reviews I've read, they are top notch.

Stainless with third rack (stainless inside too)
It says Inverter Direct Drive
I see no model number anywhere on it.
Thing is dead silent

Thing is dead silent
Mine just gave out, and we have been reading up on one. Ours was decent, but the drying function crapped out on us a few months ago and there is NOTHING more miserable than running a dishwasher, then having to freaking hand dry the dishes.

Thing is dead silent
JB:
The model number is usually on a sticker on the side of the door.

Post via Taptalk

I had to have a repairman out for my LG I had just 3 years. Also had to have my LG oven repaired, and the repair man out made it very clear he would steer clear of them. Harder/more expensive to fix than most counterparts, and he sees more major issues than any other brand they service.

I also see ALOT of ancient Bosch dish washers in the houses I go in, and people always rave about theirs. I've heard the complaints about the drying, but my dishes are always dry when I take them out. Same was true of my parents 16 year old Bosch in the house they just sold.

Need a desktop computer on the cheap here in the next few months as this one is unbearably slow....any recommendations?

Need a desktop computer on the cheap here in the next few months as this one is unbearably slow....any recommendations?
Check Newegg.com. I buy a lot my new computer stuff there. As for specs, what are you looking to do with it now and what do you want to do with it in say 2 years.

Post via Taptalk

Check Newegg.com. I buy a lot my new computer stuff there. As for specs, what are you looking to do with it now and what do you want to do with it in say 2 years.

Post via Taptalk
Very basic use about 90% internet uze and 10% Microsoft Office thats it

Just get a surface pro 3.
Arent those like 800 bucks? This barely gets used so looking for a cheapy cheap

Arent those like 800 bucks? This barely gets used so looking for a cheapy cheap

Gotcha. Mine was $700, but yeah that's too much. Maybe I have an old laptop that could go there.

Gotcha. Mine was $700, but yeah that's too much. Maybe I have an old laptop that could go there.
Yeah i have a laptop i could put there and hook up to monitor. Grex is kinda old school and didnt care for my proposal

Build your own. No bloatware from the manufacturer. If you have a monitor, mouse, keyboard and speakers it will be less than $400 for a decent system. My computer was about $500 and that included a new 21.5" monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back