Metal Music fans \m/

Nothing wrong with that Grandpa.

If listening to Dio makes me a Grandpa, then get me my walker! :D

To come back into this century, been rocking Killswitch Engage and Scar Symmetry this past week. I need to get KsE's newest album, I still haven't...

If listening to Dio makes me a Grandpa, then get me my walker! :D

To come back into this century, been rocking Killswitch Engage and Scar Symmetry this past week. I need to get KsE's newest album, I still haven't...
Hahahaha just giving you a hard time brotha. I've got a buddy who loves that 80s / hair metal kinda genre and we always joke it's old man metal lol. I was big into Killswitch in hs

FIFY :D

Dio is AWESOME. I haven't listened to him in a while, I think it's time. This may send me on an 80's metal kick...and I'm OK with that!

I am completely honest here. I have been really looking for a reason to listen to Shout at the Devil, lately. This may put me over the edge.

I am completely honest here. I have been really looking for a reason to listen to Shout at the Devil, lately. This may put me over the edge.

The universe is speaking to you. Go forth and make your day most motley :guitar::rockon:

Has anyone listened to the new Iron Maiden Album? it is my current go to.

I've always struggled with new maiden albums. I remember when Powerslave came out and thought, man why couldn't they just have done PoM part II..

Funny you mentioned maiden, have their collection going on the ipod for 2 weeks straight now (except the new album) and it's the first listen in many years for some of them albums.

Current playlist......Protest the Hero "Kezia", Nile -"Ithyphallic" (some great song titles!) , Danzig - "Lucifuge", Bolt Thrower -"War Master", Opeth - "Blackwater Park".

Current playlist......Protest the Hero "Kezia", Nile -"Ithyphallic" (some great song titles!) , Danzig - "Lucifuge", Bolt Thrower -"War Master", Opeth - "Blackwater Park".
Blackwater Park is a goddamn masterpiece. Every time I listen to it it just bowls me over yet again...quality stuff!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

This album slays. Love it.

bc85645abadcf76025ea14c7cd8af778.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got like $40 or so of Amazon gift card from Coinstar, so I got myself stocked up on some melodic death:

Clayman - In Flames
Slaughter of the Soul - At the Gates
Jomsviking - Amon Amarth

I also picked up Fortress by Alter Bridge, but that's not quite metal...however, it is flipping fantastic.

Per is a friend of mine and I agree...totally awesome! Will be interesting to hear his solo album that I believe is in the works (although right now he is producing another friend of mine´s new record as well as I guess writing for next Scar album, so I am not sure when it will come out).

I am more of an old school fan myself. Queensryche, Iron Maiden and Nocturnal Rites are some of my favourites as well of 80´s-early 90´s Black Sabbath (yes, I am one of the few that absolutely love the Tony Martin era)

I really meant to respond to this, and I failed. Per is absolutely one of the best guitar players I have ever heard. He is head and shoulders above most metal guys in my mind because while he plays very, very fast, he also does it with an incredible level of lyricality and phrasing. You get the sense like every note is meticulously placed, rather than like so many other guys who just blast through arpeggios and runs for the sake of speed. And as I've said, his solo tone is to die for.

It is beyond cool that you know him haha. Small world! Tell him that Scar Symmetry need to tour in the US again - I was at the first show of their last US tour back in 2010 with Epica and it was fantastic!

I really meant to respond to this, and I failed. Per is absolutely one of the best guitar players I have ever heard. He is head and shoulders above most metal guys in my mind because while he plays very, very fast, he also does it with an incredible level of lyricality and phrasing. You get the sense like every note is meticulously placed, rather than like so many other guys who just blast through arpeggios and runs for the sake of speed. And as I've said, his solo tone is to die for.

It is beyond cool that you know him haha. Small world! Tell him that Scar Symmetry need to tour in the US again - I was at the first show of their last US tour back in 2010 with Epica and it was fantastic!

I will tell him when I meet him! I think their last planned US tour got cancelled due to some visa problems a few years ago. He actually made a guest solo on my bands second last record. Tried to find the song on youtube, but it was not there.
I agree, he is a fantastic player!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I got like $40 or so of Amazon gift card from Coinstar, so I got myself stocked up on some melodic death:

Clayman - In Flames
Slaughter of the Soul - At the Gates
Jomsviking - Amon Amarth

I also picked up Fortress by Alter Bridge, but that's not quite metal...however, it is flipping fantastic.

That's some classic Gothenburg metal right there. The guitar tone on Clayman is the the holy grail of metal.

That's some classic Gothenburg metal right there. The guitar tone on Clayman is the the holy grail of metal.

It's the one classic era In Flames album I don't have...so I had to fix that haha

I toyed with getting From Mars to Sirius by Gojira instead of Slaughter of the Soul, but SotS is a classic so I told myself that one was more essential.

Well, today Scar Sym announced a headlining tour in US in Sep. No dates or venues announced yet i think

Well, today Scar Sym announced a headlining tour in US in Sep. No dates or venues announced yet i think

Holy sh**! I guess when you ask you shall receive haha. That's awesome, thanks for the heads up man! I'll definitely be looking out for dates, hugely hoping I can make one of them.

Blind Guardian announced a second US tour a few weeks ago. Normally you have to wait 4-5 years to see them but now they are in the US in 2015 and 2016. I will have to go to Milwaukee to see them though but it will be so worth it.

Swedish death/black/thrash of the 90's was great... good underground scene, and since it's so far from being mainstream even the bands with record contracts played pubs and "youth houses" :)
I wish I'd been able to see Edge of Sanity live though, which sucks since they were my first favourite death metal band...Dan Swanö is a friggin legend!

I saw Scar Symmetry live in Philly last night and it was INCREDIBLE. Arsis was touring with them as well, and the openers were Shattered Sun (melodeath from Texas), Painted in Exile (progressive melodeath), and Alustrium (tech death from Philly). GREAT flippin show.

Ghost BC had a wicked show a few nights ago in Raleigh. I didn't make it out, but one of my workmates did.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Never got into the "death" metal scene. Most of what I have is European power or Symphonic metal. I've got Hammerfall, Iron Savior, Nightwish, Within Temptation and a few others stacked on my phone and PC. Would love to see Hammerfall come trekking through the US. :rockon:

Ghost BC had a wicked show a few nights ago in Raleigh. I didn't make it out, but one of my workmates did.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Love me some ghost. I didn't see them this go around, but I've seen them three times now. Always awesome. Their cover of missionary man from the new ep is top notch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Dark Tranquillity in the car on the way in today. Need to pick up their new one, "Atoma". Apparently it topped the Swedish vinyl charts over the weekend, pretty impressive for a melodic death metal band!

So now that we're nearing the end of the year, what are everyone's top albums?
1. Gojira - magma
2. Red fang - only ghosts
3. Opeth - sorceress
4. Avenged sevenfold - the stage

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I haven't got a ton of new 2016 albums yet, but a few standouts for me:

Megadeth - Dystopia
Opeth - Sorceress
Dark Tranquillity - Atoma
Amon Amarth - Jomsviking

Back