THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I love that area

I love the Emmitsburg area, I attend the national fire Academy usually yearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, on my way to my home course to put in some work. 42 foggy, no rest for the weary. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 months till the event, even less till we know who is going to be playing. Excitement is flowing and work is being done. Carolina boys better be ready because the DMV will be bringing it on the course, hop,you can keep up.

6 months till the event, even less till we know who is going to be playing. Excitement is flowing and work is being done. Carolina boys better be ready because the DMV will be bringing it on the course, hop,you can keep up.
Some really good players down in the Carolinas.

But they better not sleep on the work and prep being done by the MD/VA/DC crew.

Well on second thought. Let them go ahead and sleep on it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Some really good players down in the Carolinas.

But they better not sleep on the work and prep being done by the MD/VA/DC crew.

Well on second thought. Let them go ahead and sleep on it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Good sleep has been shown to improve athletic performance

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The only sleeping by the Carolina crew, will be after our victory celebration on July 9th!:laughing:

Gettin caught up on the awesome banter and updates. I was reading the excitement about the ultimate prize of the MVP. Just think how awesome it would be to talk to TT. Really a great learning experience for the Internet golfer/tinkerer #guilty. Have an opportunity to sit back and absorb the knowledge of what's Involved and why.

But guess what? If you fall short of MVP, you will have still had an incredible time with incredible people. THP events really bring out the best in people. It's brought out some of my best and worse golf lol, but I've never left without a huge grin on my face, new friends and awesome memories!

now will this rainy weather PLEASE GO AWAY!

With the crappy weather I'll be taking a trip to my local golf shop. I'm hoping the aren't busy and I can hit some on their LM and putt. They made some pretty cool upgrades and have a simulator and that software where u putt stickers on ur club and it shows club path and where on the face u hit it etc. I forget the name but I figure it's a great way to get feedback.

Also making adjustments to my workout routine. I spent 2015 dealing with some setbacks due to hip injury. Easing off some of the power lifting this year. Also made some small changes to my setup to ease some pressure on my hip. I'm not even 30 yet so I can't be limping around with a bad hip lol

Good sleep has been shown to improve athletic performance

8.25-9.5 every night sir.

Got a good range day in today. Hope to take it to the course tomorrow.

I average a solid 4.5-5 wonder if my handicap would drop if I got more ha

i haven't seem 8+ in years. I'm more in the line with Ron. I get about 4.5 before waking up then go back to sleep for another 90 mins or so of tossing and turning

i haven't seem 8+ in years. I'm more in the line with Ron. I get about 4.5 before waking up then go back to sleep for another 90 mins or so of tossing and turning
I normally get about 8 every night but the 8.25-9.5 is what we teach the kids I health.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Played with Greg (g $$$) today. I played like crap, but Greg played well. ( smashed a 267 yard 3 wood on a par 5! ) Better yet, he's a great dude. Exciting thing about RR is getting to meet more guys like him. Some really great guys here!

Played with Greg (g $$$) today. I played like crap, but Greg played well. ( smashed a 267 yard 3 wood on a par 5! ) Better yet, he's a great dude. Exciting thing about RR is getting to meet more guys like him. Some really great guys here!
Sounds like a great time. Where did you guys play?

Sounds like a great time. Where did you guys play?

Heritage shores. I was 1p strokes worse than I was last week - in better conditions. ( except the greens had sand on them )

Sometimes I won't get 8 hours of sleep in 4 or 5 days. I have a sleep disorder, but don't like the way I feel the next day when I take Ambien.

So answer this one honestly because it is a tough one.

What is the one thing you are most concerned with leading up to this event? (It could be a part of your game, It could be course management, Could be the strength of the other team, maybe playing 36 holes in one day etc. ) Also what are you doing or planning to do to minimize your concern?

It's always great to see me.

Had a blast getting in a round with Don BIGBALL Hall and friends (not THP members...yet).

Still grinding.

What is the one thing you are most concerned with leading up to this event? (It could be a part of your game, It could be course management, Could be the strength of the other team, maybe playing 36 holes in one day etc. ) Also what are you doing or planning to do to minimize your concern?

Strength of the other team is no concern at all. #notintimidated

My game is coming together nicely. I have no concerns on my game or the competition. None. I have been grinding...daily, not just a saying... doing. I know by July, I will be firing on all cylinders.

My main concern is, will I even make the team. I'm grinding to be better, not just to be on the team... but would be nice to see the results of my work in a competition... and be part of the bonding that takes place with teammates and competitors. Just different... to me anyways.

I'd say playing 36 in one day (haven't done that in forever). I'll need to do a couple things to help mitigate that-for one I'll need to get back on the treadmill and/or bike some this spring to get myself in shape. I walk a lot at work, and usually take the stairs, but that probably won't be enough. I'll probably also try to play 36 a few times before the event to see how my body and mind react, then work from there. I'll probably also lay off the sauce (or at least not hit it too hard) the night before the event.

Looking forward to it. More good work and good times with great people.

I think the thing I'm most concerned with is making sure my handicap travels. Last year, 70% of my handicap scores were from the same course. I get a discount and it was close to my old home so I played there a lot.
This year I will be playing different and tougher course throughout my preparation. I plan on getting involved with the Carolina THP outings and just work on my game more in general. Last year was more playing with less practice, but this year, a course about 3 miles from my new house has a nice practice area ( range, chipping and putting green) that I will take full advantage of.

Back