Scotty Cameron putters

I have used Bettinardi putters since around 2000. Milling the heads and neck from one piece of metal is superior to welding and Bettinardi has the machines and patents. When Cameron first started Bettinardi did the milling. Their split in 98 was not real friendly from what I have heard over the years. I have used a Cameron putter which was nice but prefer Bettinardi.

Didn't Payne Stewart use a SeeMore?

I have used this putter almost exclusively for 10+ years. The tour fitter for Bettinardi told me who ordered these 12 but l'll keep that story for another time. I try other putters occasionally but always return to this one.

BettinardiSS-Hproto2_zps7fd025af.jpg

BettinardiSS-Hproto1_zps9ec33231.jpg

BettinardiSS-Hproto_zps3bb4ac7f.jpg

I have used Bettinardi putters since around 2000. Milling one piece metal is superior to welding and Bettinardi has the machine and patents. When Cameron first started Bettinardi did the milling. Their split in 98 was not real friendly from what I have heard over the years. I have used a Cameron putter which was nice but prefer Bettinardi.

Yes, Payne did.

My X5 is staining or rusting on the top so I emailed the Custom Shop and they told me to bring it to any Dealer and have them ship it back for either cleaning or warranty replacement. I would have to fend for myself while this is being decided but that would be fine. I can always use another Putter to blame.
I asked at the PGA SS about it and they said no way they would get involved, mostly because SC is very strict on how things are done. So I am going to email the Custom Shop again and see what's up, if PGA SS is not going to touch it then no one will.
Wow, that's terrible. I hope it works out for you.

I have used Bettinardi putters since around 2000. Milling the heads and neck from one piece of metal is superior to welding and Bettinardi has the machines and patents. When Cameron first started Bettinardi did the milling. Their split in 98 was not real friendly from what I have heard over the years. I have used a Cameron putter which was nice but prefer Bettinardi.

I have used this putter almost exclusively for 10+ years. The tour fitter for Bettinardi told me who ordered these 12 but l'll keep that story for another time. I try other putters occasionally but always return to this one.

BettinardiSS-Hproto2_zps7fd025af.jpg

BettinardiSS-Hproto1_zps9ec33231.jpg

BettinardiSS-Hproto_zps3bb4ac7f.jpg
Post it up in the Betti thread, lots of nice putters in there.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30484

Spoke to the Custom Shop on the phone today and I misunderstood him about who to send the Putter to, it would have to go back to Titleist and he gave me a number to call at the repair shop which I did.
The nice woman said if I send it back to them they will most likely just buff it out or maybe replace it but not likely. They would not admit this has been a problem but I did see another X5 with the same staining. It does not affect anything except looking down at an expensive stained putter which bothers me.

So I may have to buy another Putter (Oh NO) or borrow one and send this one back and see what happens.

Spoke to the Custom Shop on the phone today and I misunderstood him about who to send the Putter to, it would have to go back to Titleist and he gave me a number to call at the repair shop which I did.
The nice woman said if I send it back to them they will most likely just buff it out or maybe replace it but not likely. They would not admit this has been a problem but I did see another X5 with the same staining. It does not affect anything except looking down at an expensive stained putter which bothers me.

So I may have to buy another Putter (Oh NO) or borrow one and send this one back and see what happens.
That makes me angry for you. Any piece of equipment that we part with our hard earned $ for should work and be defect free. It is only that much more true for the supposed higher end shops. I can't get on board with the sentiment that it doesn't affect anything but the look (I think you were tongue in cheek about that, but still), and I'm not excited to read the tone of they'll 'just buff it out'...how about "we will make it right" instead, you know?

Thanks for the support, it was an effort to stay nice on the phone. The woman was pleasant, but from the tone it was obvious she could not care less. I asked if it was the repair shop and she just said yes but I got the feeling she was just the phone person and maybe not the best representative of a high end Golf Equipment Company.

I asked if there was a procedure to send it back and she just said no, send it to us. So I may call again tomorrow and see if I get another person. I would like a specific person to direct it to if I do send it back.

I noticed the Newport's seem to be on a 2 year cycle. Will they be coming out with a new version soon?

I noticed the Newport's seem to be on a 2 year cycle. Will they be coming out with a new version soon?
After how badly Scooter butchered the GoLo series I'm hoping they don't reinvent the Newport series.

No 3 putts for the weekend. All 2's giving me a C-Grade win for the first time with a daily HC of 20 on slope (18.1 I think base HC). Putter was on fire. Great distance control now I am finding having moved away from the CB putter I had. I am noticing though in direct sunlight the NP2 just wants to blind me. I can see why people chase them in black!

just got into the scotty game with a black Newport Notchback

Thinkin about ditching the Newport 2 to get a Dual Balance. I love the Newport 2, but I feel like the extra weight will help with the short putts that I frequently miss
I've now played my Dual Balance Newport 2 for two weeks and my short putt issues are gone with this thing. This is my first Scotty and I must say that I am so very impressed. Smoothest putter I've ever swung. This thing will be in my bag for a VERY long time

I picked up a Newport 2.5 earlier today and fell in love as soon as I hit the putting green. I think the next thing I'll do is have it re gripped and I think I want to swap the 20g weights out for 10g

b941177b763265f20d8bf8cf8f6efb96.jpg

d41a6a5bc7874f783b804f8ce8d3e1e3.jpg

468c910b3e439e29c652498d13d86701.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My California Fastback did a very similar thing, I sent it back and got to choose another putter. They tried buffing it out but only ended up destroying the sea mist finish. Happy in the end but that sort of thing shouldn't happen when you're spending big $$$ on a putter IMO.

Okay I'm panicking a little, I was browsing online and saw an article about real scottys vs fake and I'm starting to believe I'm on the losing end. Can anyone look at my pics two posts ago and see if they can tell? The thing that worries me is that it looks like the serial number is at the top of the shaft and nothing shows on the Scotty website.

Okay I'm panicking a little, I was browsing online and saw an article about real scottys vs fake and I'm starting to believe I'm on the losing end. Can anyone look at my pics two posts ago and see if they can tell? The thing that worries me is that it looks like the serial number is at the top of the shaft and nothing shows on the Scotty website.

Yours looks authentic. The serial number only shows up on the Scotty site if you pay him to authenticate it (dumb). If you're nervous about it take it to an authorized Scotty dealer and have them take a look to give you peace of mind

I am still trying to decide to send it back to Titleist or just live with it, I was not planning on buying another Putter but would need to since it could be 2-3 weeks to get it back. If I buy one it would be a CURE and who knows it might end up working better.

My California Fastback did a very similar thing, I sent it back and got to choose another putter. They tried buffing it out but only ended up destroying the sea mist finish. Happy in the end but that sort of thing shouldn't happen when you're spending big $$$ on a putter IMO.

I am still trying to decide to send it back to Titleist or just live with it, I was not planning on buying another Putter but would need to since it could be 2-3 weeks to get it back. If I buy one it would be a CURE and who knows it might end up working better.
Even if you buy a new one your gonna want that one fixed no?

Why not send it back and buy something cheap off the used rack? It's only 2-3 weeks

Yeah, I am not happy looking at it now. I am just not a club collector, normally when I buy something new it is a clean break.

But I am going to go down to the local Golf Etc. and ask them about sending it back and see what they say. I did not buy it there so who knows and you cannot send it back direct for some reason. Thanks for the offer on borrowing one Joe, great gesture.

Yours looks authentic. The serial number only shows up on the Scotty site if you pay him to authenticate it (dumb). If you're nervous about it take it to an authorized Scotty dealer and have them take a look to give you peace of mind

Oh okay I didn't know that. That makes me feel a little better now. Thanks!

I picked up a Newport 2.5 earlier today and fell in love as soon as I hit the putting green. I think the next thing I'll do is have it re gripped and I think I want to swap the 20g weights out for 10g

b941177b763265f20d8bf8cf8f6efb96.jpg

d41a6a5bc7874f783b804f8ce8d3e1e3.jpg

468c910b3e439e29c652498d13d86701.jpg

Give me the current Studio Select milling but that sole design and I would be in love.

Love that putter, hopefully the 2016 comes out looking as good

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Completely disheartened by this whole thing now and I can only focus on the staining when over the ball (it is stupid, but it is what it is). I checked on the SC website and it looks like about $230 to refinish it in the new Black finish with gray lines and add a alignment dot which would look great, but having over $500 in a Putter seems crazy even to me.

My local store said they may send it back to Titleist, I will confirm that tomorrow when the Owners are in. I did not buy it there so I don't blame them if they don't want to get involved at all.

After the conversation I had with the Titleist repair shop phone Rep. I am not too excited about that whole program. Most likely it will be 2-3 weeks and if they just buff it out it will rust even faster IMO once they raise the grain.

I may just dump this thing on the Bay and retool. With the Bridgestone Championship in a few weeks I hate to deal with this now, but have to make a decision one way or the other or I will not be a happy Hacker.

Back