Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

Apex feel with a 360° Cup Face? it cannot get more perfect than that.

These things are going to be ridiculously long.

Yeah, looks like I'll be purchasing a set of these no doubt. 360 cup face tech thru the 7? That is awesome. I've seen people clamor for it after Callaway brought it to the XR Pro, and they sure did deliver.

I love that there isnt a giant difference between the Apex CF and the Apex Pro. These look amazing in person and dont nearly look as bulky as they do in the pictures. There are some great looking and sounding irons

Well darn...going to need to up my golf budget in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look way better in hand than in pictures IMO. Didn't get to hit them when I saw them, but I am very interested in doing so.

Now these have my attention. They look awesome. Need to do more reading

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking irons. I'm hoping to get a new set in 2016 so these are definitely on my radar.

Look awesome!

I am hoping to hit these next to the Mizuno's I'm currently looking at purchasing......now to start saving $

Looks badass.

Looks wise seems to have combined the apex with the xr line.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

They will be mine. Oh yes, they will be mine.

Loving the looks of the new Apex! Put these on the ponder list, for sure.

Last edited:
Really like what they did with these. Look great in hand.

I just had the thought of maybe just buying individual 6 and 7 iron from the new set with the Cup Faces to play along with the 8 and down of my current Apex set (since I go down to a 5 hybrid). The extra distance with these two clubs could close/reduce the gap between 5 hybrid and 6 iron and provide some nice benefits for the two irons I have more trouble with than down the line...an old Apex/new Apex combo set if the lofts match up ok.

Yes yes yes!

Um, yes please! I love, love my Apex irons. Can not wait to try these bad boys out!

I like the looks of these better than the pros. Obviously could be that I'm not good enough to game the pros haha

Forged and the cup face sounds like a great idea. I really want to hit these.

These look great from all angles and the new tech mixed with the feel of the last version should be a winner. I like these much more than the Pros for some reason.

Looking forward to a few swings with these.

These clubs are awesome. Improvement in every aspect over 2014 apex but just as forgiving and long (distance wise). I like everything about these clubs.

Will be interesting to see how these sound and feel as the cup face has provided a unique sound and feel on the other irons it was featured on.

Back