The F You Golf Thread

I set a new PB at my home course last week (82) and play the same course on Saturday and shoot a 99.

F. You. Golf.

Along those lines...I shot a 38 on 9 holes a week and a half ago and then an 85 two weekends ago...then hack it up and shoot 97 yesterday hahaha. Stupid f*ckin game.

On Friday, I had a really good round going on a course I had never played. On #16, which was a par 5, I hit a mediocre tee shot that ended up on sort of a weird mound. I had a stance and the ball was perched up, but it looked like there was a little tuft of grass right in front of the ball, so I decided I'd lay up with an 8-iron. Good decision because it turns out what I thought looked like a little tuft of grass was really a rock hard clump of grass and dirt and I felt my like I broke my right hand after I hit the shot. Of course, I then proceeded to swing scared from the middle of the fairway, bladed one over the green into an impossible lie in the bunker, had to play out sideways and took double. Plus, my hand still really hurts.

F you golf.

!st hole, par 5, top my drive, hit the trees on my next shot and it drops 30 yards in front of me, next shot topped, next shot out of the rough lands in trap, next shot lands back in the trap, next shot out of the trap and into another trap, next shot on the green and 2 putts for a quadruple bogey. Man F golf. next hole, par 4, repeat for another 4

Hit my 2nd shot right of the hole, in some thick turf on a par 4, have to hit over sand. club goes under the ball and moves it 5 feet. F this.... next shot over the green on the other side. next shot on the green, and next shot in the hole. Double bogey. Man that was an F golf moment.

Hit a great drive yesterday that ended up in a greenside bunker. Thinned it over the green and into the drink.

F u golf.

6b29dffeb660932f4f481055b1f4cd60.jpg

Not a bad tee shot eh? Pulled out the hybrid from here (225ish) and bladed it up to the right side of the green. I was like FU ball. With it teed up so nicely I was planning on two putting for birdie. Made par anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hit a great drive yesterday that ended up in a greenside bunker. Thinned it over the green and into the drink.

F u golf.

Hey you've seen me play. :D

Played a course I don't know very well last week. Par 4, 410yds, lake along the right side. I thought to myself, just hit it up the left side. I smashed my drive right where I wanted it... right at the left side of the fairway.. or what I thought was the fairway. Turns out, over that little hill on the left was another lake about 300yds out. Water ball.

F U Golf!

I did something similar on Sunday. Hit a great drive that caught a perfect bounce and got some extra roll. Should have been an easy 7i onto the green, but instead I hit it fat and it landed in the brush to the right of the green. Luckily I found the ball and was able to hit it. Thinned it over the green into a bunker. Hit the bunker shot and it rolled to the other side of the green...F me.

F u golf.

I played Pilgrims Oak this past Saturday. On a short par 3 I hit a really nice partial PW to 5' and make a birdie. Next hole is a shortish up hill par 4. I push my tee shot to the right, and end up with a lie in bare dirt, but surrounded by high grass. I hack it out about 10 yards - then it finds a lie with grass so thick I almost rode it over. I get a little more club on this, and put it 20 yards off the green. My next shot is in thick rough - but it is sitting on top of the rough, where I am definitely worried about going right under it. So I sweep it, but still get too much grass and leave it on the fringe. I 2 putt from there for a crowd silencing 7. Now THATS how you follow up a birdie! F you golf! To make that hole feel worse, I birdie the next hole. :banghead:

I wasn't going to respond to this thread but today I was playing 9 and had the best round in quite some time going (4 over after 6, which is a great score for me). On number 7 a 175 yard par 3 easy with no trouble I made a friggin' 8. I couldn't even write the number down on the score card. I bogeyed 8 and par on 9. One hole wrecked a nice round. There is a reason golf is a four letter word.

had a hole on a course here that's closed now...long par 5 that required a layup off the tee...I've hit 4 hybrid, 5 iron, and 6 iron through the fairway...used to piss me off...pipe a drive and watch it run through the fairway out of bounds...go down a club next time and do the same thing...I hated that hole

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Course I used to play all the time has a 240yrd par 4, yes 240yrd from the back... very straight forward, carry a lake that shouldn't come into play since it's only a 100yrd carry at most and an easy hybrid should reach in 1.

I've taken 10+ on that hole more than once... F this game sometimes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Not a bad tee shot eh? Pulled out the hybrid from here (225ish) and bladed it up to the right side of the green. I was like FU ball. With it teed up so nicely I was planning on two putting for birdie. Made par anyway.

You know you could have dropped that with no penalty, right?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Had a great round going a few days ago then made the turn and put up a 9 on the 10th hole. I recovered and still had a decent round but I'm still bitter about that damn 9.

Had a great round going a few days ago then made the turn and put up a 9 on the 10th hole. I recovered and still had a decent round but I'm still bitter about that damn 9.

Yeah those suck. I had one going a few weeks ago... -2 through 12. Got to the short par4 13th and hooked a drive out of bounds. Teed up another and hooked it out. Teed up another and hit it right down the middle. Approach shot was 10' and made the putt for a 1 putt triple. Dag nabit!

Yeah those suck. I had one going a few weeks ago... -2 through 12. Got to the short par4 13th and hooked a drive out of bounds. Teed up another and hooked it out. Teed up another and hit it right down the middle. Approach shot was 10' and made the putt for a 1 putt triple. Dag nabit!

Ha, that's actually a GOOD triple!

There is no such thing as a good triple. Not when you're shooting the round of your life. :D

True, but a 1 putt triple is better (mentally) than a 3 putt triple. At least it is for me. It may be the same on the card but golf is all about your state of mind and not letting the bad stuff get to you.

Interlachen is one of my top 5 favorite courses to play. I love the course and the history there.

275y par 4. Hit driver pin high but 10y off the green to the right.

Proceeded to chunk a chip, leave a second chip short, then two putt for bogey.

F YOU GOLF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's getting cold and and daylight savings is coming so eff you golf since I'll be in a heated bay shortly.

Where do you recommend for hitting in heated bays? I know the Weathervane driving range on Rt 58 has heated bays. Anywhere else?

The F You Golf Thread

Where do you recommend for hitting in heated bays? I know the Weathervane driving range on Rt 58 has heated bays. Anywhere else?

McGolf in Dedham

Back