Wrist pain = Fractured hook of hamate bone..

heftylefty

Reaction score
Handicap
Well the sudden wrist pain I had last weekend turns out to be a fractured hook of hamate bone. The little horn is still attached so surgery is not likely thank the lord.

There was no real swing contact with an object like a root or rock, the past few rounds my wrist had hurt I chalked it up to tendonitis.

Then last weekend normal swing with a 5 hybrid and I was done..Shooting pain in my wrist..

I went to Med Xpress a week ago and of course they missed it on the xray.

My ortho is pretty good easy catch for him..Take a month off from golf and xray again...

Tough break (no pun intended)!
Make sure you give it enough time to heal before golfing again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to hear this. Take it slow and let it heal completely.

Sorry to hear it. Give it some R&R time for sure. Hope you have a speedy and full recovery!

Well the sudden wrist pain I had last weekend turns out to be a fractured hook of hamate bone. The little horn is still attached so surgery is not likely thank the lord.

There was no real swing contact with an object like a root or rock, the past few rounds my wrist had hurt I chalked it up to tendonitis.

Then last weekend normal swing with a 5 hybrid and I was done..Shooting pain in my wrist..

I went to Med Xpress a week ago and of course they missed it on the xray.

My ortho is pretty good easy catch for him..Take a month off from golf and xray again...

Hate to hear that. heftylefty. Hopefully it's a short break and not a long one for you!!

If it is just fractured it is tough to pick up on an X-ray even looking for it. Don't rush it. I initially fractured it, didn't know what I had done and eventually broke it. There was a significant gap between pieces and the options were a pin or removal; I chose removal.

Ok, I have a sore left wrist like I fell and sprained it. Hurts more on the Pad/Pinkie side. Going to Doctor on Monday. I hurt it playing, no doubt. If I hit the ground, YIKES! I will have to ask if the Hamate is the issue. How long was any layoff if just a fracture?

Back