GolfTec Free Lesson

rozo22

Reaction score
Handicap
GolfTec is offering a free lesson with any $25 PGA Reach Donation.

https://pgareach.com/free-golftec-lesson-with-pga-reach-donation/

I recently donated to check it out. Has anyone taken lessons from GolfTec? Curious on your thoughts.

When I talked to the guy to schedule, he made it sound like it was more of a "tour" and that they will push to get the $125 swing evaluation. Not surprised by that, just a little surprised he was so open to stating that right away.

Scheduled for 11/11, so will let everyone know how it goes.

I recently donated to check it out. Has anyone taken lessons from GolfTec? Curious on your thoughts.

When I talked to the guy to schedule, he made it sound like it was more of a "tour" and that they will push to get the $125 swing evaluation. Not surprised by that, just a little surprised he was so open to stating that right away.

I did a series of lessons in 2014 with GolfTec. While my instructor was a nice guy, the value for the price is absolutely a waste. I found a PGA instructor at a local course that was much more reasonable in price and he was much better in terms of his ability to teach and improve my game.

Props to the guy for telling you up front that they are basically just trying to get you in the door. Personally I have not had good experiences with GolfTec, who knows though maybe yours will be different. Hope it works out for you.

I did a GolfTec consultation a few years ago and did not enjoy it.

We discussed a few things, I took a few swings, and they immediately started talking about changing things to try and align with two PGA pros and their videos which were shown. No thanks. I want to own my swing, not someone else's.

I had my free lesson this past weekend and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised about how it went. I had to cancel my first appointment due to my kids being sick, so with the reschedule I had to meet with someone other than who I talked to previously. When I got there he welcomed me and asked about my game as he put my info in the system. When we got into the lesson bay, he said take a mid iron (I took a 7) and take a few practice swings to warm up and then get started. I knew that I went past parallel at the top which caused some of inconsistencies, so that is one issue that was the key thing I brought up to him. Playing back the video he highlighted where I took the club up off the plane which made me go past parallel. Then in my downswing I would move out of my stance/posture to make contact with the ball. He was actually pretty impressed with the movement that I made to make the contact coming from that steep of angle and getting the club close to on plane at contact. What was causing the problem was my shoulder turn. At max turn I was at about 68 degrees. Pro turns are about 80+ degrees. Problem hinged on my initial backswing as I took it back I would pull up instead of rotating my shoulders. Practiced the take back/turn that he taught and turned a little fade into a draw on the trackman there and was at 78 degrees. Gave me a few drills to practice and that was the lesson. No hard sell, he shared their pricing and what you got and thanked me for supporting the PGA Reach. Overall I thought it was a great experience and I thought he was a good teacher. I did receive a video link to the lesson that included the drills as well. They are a little pricey although you can reduce the cost if you don't do a plan that includes practice time in the bays. Not sure I would sign up there just for the fact I would rather see a live ball flight than hitting into a net and watching on a trackman screen. Well worth the $25 donation though.

I had my free lesson this past weekend and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised about how it went. I had to cancel my first appointment due to my kids being sick, so with the reschedule I had to meet with someone other than who I talked to previously. When I got there he welcomed me and asked about my game as he put my info in the system. When we got into the lesson bay, he said take a mid iron (I took a 7) and take a few practice swings to warm up and then get started. I knew that I went past parallel at the top which caused some of inconsistencies, so that is one issue that was the key thing I brought up to him. Playing back the video he highlighted where I took the club up off the plane which made me go past parallel. Then in my downswing I would move out of my stance/posture to make contact with the ball. He was actually pretty impressed with the movement that I made to make the contact coming from that steep of angle and getting the club close to on plane at contact. What was causing the problem was my shoulder turn. At max turn I was at about 68 degrees. Pro turns are about 80+ degrees. Problem hinged on my initial backswing as I took it back I would pull up instead of rotating my shoulders. Practiced the take back/turn that he taught and turned a little fade into a draw on the trackman there and was at 78 degrees. Gave me a few drills to practice and that was the lesson. No hard sell, he shared their pricing and what you got and thanked me for supporting the PGA Reach. Overall I thought it was a great experience and I thought he was a good teacher. I did receive a video link to the lesson that included the drills as well. They are a little pricey although you can reduce the cost if you don't do a plan that includes practice time in the bays. Not sure I would sign up there just for the fact I would rather see a live ball flight than hitting into a net and watching on a trackman screen. Well worth the $25 donation though.

Glad you had a good experience! Which one did you go to?

Glad you had a good experience! Which one did you go to?

I went to the one in Novi. They are still working on where they are going to move once golfsmith closes. May move to fountain walk within DSG or X Golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I signed up for the 6 month winter package and I'm 3 weeks in. I'm really into it and so far have cured my sway, inside takeaway and I'm working now on keeping my butt line on the downswing. I'm loving it and wished I would have done this years ago. Again though, the common theme is who you get. Find out who the experienced pros are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've gone from loving GolfTec to never wanting to use it again. I used them for about 14 months and my swing certainly improved, but then I hit a wall with the technology aspect of things - the "numbers" wanted me to do things with my body that I was not capable of doing due to age/football injuries. My instructor was great but we started to really deviate from the "GolfTec way". Then he took a job as a GM of a golf course in IA and I was absolutely dissatisfied with the way GolfTec handled the rest of my package. I ended up wasting about 7 lessons and 4 months of practice time due to frustration with the local GolfTec management.

My point is that your success really comes down to how well your instructor and you work together. Personally, I would never use them again due to instructor quality and cost. I am now using the instructor at my home course, which just so happens to be the 2016 Gateway PGA Instructor of the Year. He's pricey, but even at that I'm paying less for him per hour of lessons than GolfTec and my instruction experience is significantly better.

I'm currently in my 12th lesson of a 40 lesson package w/ Golftec here in Spokane. I had done everything I could personally to try and fix my swing faults, but realized that too much baseball muscle memory affected my golf. Chris Runyan is my pro/instructor, a Marine in the Iraq conflict, who specializes in dealing with troops who have returned from the war.

He has been a great instructor, and makes the whole endeavor fun and comfortable. He also works with my buddy Jeff, and we both have our lessons back-to -back on sundays. Long way to go, but have definitely realized some results already.

Not cheap price wise, but worth-it for us. Price also includes a fitting. $2,000 for everything.

I had a bad experience mainly due to how pushy my instructor was on trying to sell me more lessons. Also, his coaching was so so and we just never connected. This really turned me off to GolfTec but your experience may differ.

Back