Getting the itch to try a new driver. Opinions Welcome.

I like my xhot2 pro and sldr heas. Hit the ping G30 let tec and 915 d3 today. I did not like the sound of with of them at impact. The ping sounded like I broke it every time I hit it. The 915 d3 was a bit more muted but neither gave me that wow I just blasted that feeling. hits were solid, I like the looks and feel of the shaft in the d2 better but the ls two gave me longer less spinning draws the d2 went much higher think I needed a stiffer shaft in the d2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

When I hit the 915 on the launch monitor I can honestly say I was impressed with dispersion even though the distance didnt blow me away. Im not out there to gain 15 yards without some swing modifications, but it was about 10 yards shorter than my current driver, but even the guy watching me hit was like wow those shots were within 5 yards of each other. I tend to hit the same shot shape 60-70 percent of the time with the occasional push or power fade that mainly gets me in trouble on holes that dogleg left which sets up well for my natural shot shape a draw. Ive never hit more that 60 percent of fairways in a round to my knowledge and if I could find something that could get me 2-3 more opportunities a round I believe my average scores would drop 5-6 strokes or into the low 80s. Im gonna do some more research on this driver and at least try to get it in hand one more time to see if it was a fluke or what. Im considering the J715 test drive as well but it seems like a lot of hassle to try one of those drivers at the moment although its a cool idea. Thanks for all the responses so far, and please keep em coming.

I've hit a number of different drivers over the past 12 months - Alpha 815, G30, Cobra Bio Cell+, Callaway XR, etc. I would go Bridgestone J715 or J815 in a heart beat and it's not even close to anything else. Of course, like any club advice, take this with a grain of salt and go get fit.

I love you, man. But this is a gross understatement

Cace-can you throw out some numbers that you have gotten with the J715 compared to some of the others and maybe throw in some of your SS, AOA, Spin rates stats as well. Just curious as to what you guys are seeing with this thing or point me to a previous post with the this info if it already exists.

I love my Fly-Z.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my xhot2 pro and sldr heas. Hit the ping G30 let tec and 915 d3 today. I did not like the sound of with of them at impact. The ping sounded like I broke it every time I hit it. The 915 d3 was a bit more muted but neither gave me that wow I just blasted that feeling. hits were solid, I like the looks and feel of the shaft in the d2 better but the ls two gave me longer less spinning draws the d2 went much higher think I needed a stiffer shaft in the d2.

if a driver puts them long and straight down the fairway, I could careless what it sounds like, why are so many people concerned with sound ?

Unless you get properly fitted I don't think you will notice anything between any driver than the Bio Cell that you have. I just don't think technology is that much better from this year to last. Now if that one isn't fitted properly and you get fitted for this one you will probably notice a difference, but otherwise I don't think you will. Of course if you have the coin and you just want a new toy then by all means buy a new one, but I wouldn't expect any difference in results. Sorry if it wasn't any help, just had to put my 2 cents in.

I really love my Bombtech Grenade. Definitely worth to try the 60 day money back guarantee.

if a driver puts them long and straight down the fairway, I could careless what it sounds like, why are so many people concerned with sound ?
To me sound is kinda like swing weight. If it feels wrong to you, it just feels wrong. A loud sound or a sounds like the g30 makes me almost tense up or try to slow down at impact. Like when you slam the car door on accident because the wind pushes it, or you watch something fall over. Right before it hits to tense up or almost look away. Not real reason why, just your body's reaction to bad noises or sounds that you do not get along with. It effects some more then others. To me, it is just as important as shaft/swing weight because it will dictate how the club feels over all to me. Hard to explain, but hopefully I helped.

There isn't much love for it here compared to others, but the Titleist 915 is the most consistent driver I've played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back